How many of you actually unsubbed?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 14 Next
I unsubbed some time ago and used a token to keep the game time going. I am thoroughly disappointed by the lackluster work of the class design team so far, but I have faith that they can turn things around.
Let me get this straight. You're asking who canceled their subscription on a forum where you need an active subscription to post. I'm guessing you'll take that to mean nobody canceled.
People are getting worked up over FIRST deploy of the PTR for an upcoming patch.
11/17/2016 01:04 PMPosted by Orsnoìre
Spiritsurge, whether you pay for it with your own money or not, your sub is paid at a higher rate ($20 vs. $16 or less) than those who pay with cash.

So if you "pay" your sub with gold tokens, you're actually making the game more profitable and sending a more positive message, by extension, about the state of the game than if you had paid with cash.

Just how accounting/profit&loss/economics works.

People say this every time players talk about paying with gold instead of cash. But some of us aren't trying to make a point, we're just not willing to pay cash on a monthly basis for the game as it currently is.
I unsubbed because CRZ makes my server unplayable during peak times.
Spiritsurge, whether you pay for it with your own money or not, your sub is paid at a higher rate ($20 vs. $16 or less) than those who pay with cash.

So if you "pay" your sub with gold tokens, you're actually making the game more profitable and sending a more positive message, by extension, about the state of the game than if you had paid with cash.

There is overhead costs that are involved in the sale of tokens, something people always seem to forget and really no one cares if someone else is buying gold to make up for your payment. I wouldn't be playing either if I had to spend real money.
The only time I unsubbed with zero intention of coming back ever was during the initial RealID fiasco. WoW is a cheap enough hobby that I can put up with a lot and Legion is pretty great outside of some glaring class design flaws.

The fact is that he still isn't paying a dime.
11/17/2016 12:55 PMPosted by Toothbeer
Because blizz seems to be scrambling to calm everyone down right now

I dont really want to unsub, been really enjoying myself, but after recieving the first build of the PTR notes, cannot say I logged in for more than a few minutes.

I can deal with the flaws in the game, I can deal with and understand that 36 specs are not gonna be perfectly balanced (they won't be) , but the constant overhauls on major parts of classes, is NOT what I consider fun or worth my time investing in.

Balancing out 36 specs, is very difficult and when it comes down to it, not everyone is going to be happy, it's the way it is. But when you have to do multiple overhaults every expansion let alone every few months, its a red flag for corp to re-evaluate what the class teams are doing.
11/17/2016 01:20 PMPosted by Requim

People say this every time players talk about paying with gold instead of cash. But some of us aren't trying to make a point, we're just not willing to pay cash on a monthly basis for the game as it currently is.

This, i don't pay either and the moment i can't pay with gold, im done.
You do know, if they unsubbed they would not be able to post here, and thusly could not tell you if they had.
Un-subbed a couple weeks ago but since I was an idiot and set up for 6 months I still have a few months to go. Release didn't impress me, hot-fixes and 7.1 showed no change from prior years of dev cluelessness and not listening to beta / PTR feedback. Not really expecting anything will change my mind between now and my sub ending...
6 days remaining. will renew if my spec doesn't completely blow chunks at the end of all this 7.1.5 nonsense.
11/17/2016 01:20 PMPosted by Requim

The issue is, you're paying MORE cash, indirectly, for the game than you otherwise would.

So I guess you're not trying to make a point, but ironically you're actually delivering a better message to the company whether you want to or not (in other words, economically speaking, you're saying that the game is worth $20 per month for you rather than only $16).

You can't calm these "people" down.

They'll just find something else to get mad about because the problem isn't the game the problem is their reaction to changes in the game.
11/17/2016 01:26 PMPosted by Roxette

There is overhead costs that are involved in the sale of tokens, something people always seem to forget and really no one cares if someone else is buying gold to make up for your payment. I wouldn't be playing either if I had to spend real money.

LOL! This is the silliest counterargument I've EVER seen with the gold tokens.

What, precisely, are the "overhead costs" that are involved in the sale of tokens.
Still subbed, still enjoying the game.

Got AotC EN the other day and still have much more I want to get done
My wife and I both unsubbed back in WoD following the flying snafu and Blizzard's lousy handling of it. Been back since the Legion invasion stuff, and have both been really enjoying this expansion so far.

It's not Wrath, but it's getting close for me as one of my favorite ones.
11/17/2016 01:26 PMPosted by Eosforo

The fact is that he still isn't paying a dime.

Speaking from an accounting and economics perspective, that's not true. He's sending the message that the game is worth $20 per month to him.
11/17/2016 01:19 PMPosted by Leó
People are getting worked up over FIRST deploy of the PTR for an upcoming patch.

I always wondered why they have a PTR when they never change it from the players points of view. It's like almost every patch goes through without even modifying anything