How many of you actually unsubbed?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 14 Next
11/17/2016 01:35 PMPosted by Orsnoìre
<span class="truncated">...</span>

The fact is that he still isn't paying a dime.

Speaking from an accounting and economics perspective, that's not true. He's sending the message that the game is worth $20 per month to him.

You are speaking from a retarded mental invalid perspective that is, HE is NOT paying a dime, PERIOD.
I am not surprised here, they promised us the world during blizcon and than put salt on the wounds in ptr. Warlocks asked for Malefic Grasp mechanic back (they knew what we meant) instead we got some crap that they put "Malefic Grasp" as the title over it.

#notmymaleficgrasp

Speaking from an accounting and economics perspective, that's not true. He's sending the message that the game is worth $20 per month to him.

You are speaking from a retarded mental invalid perspective that is, HE is NOT paying a dime, PERIOD.

Exactly, the other person is paying for him

Ironic that you would be claiming you are in the more intellectual position when you're literally arguing the less sophisticated, incorrect point, when it comes to economics.
I am no unsubbing yet but I am playing a lot less.
11/17/2016 01:05 PMPosted by Jamalia
Canceled and calm. There really is no way Blizz could change Legion enough for me to want to play. Think my sub's up soon, guess I need to see when my last day on the Forums is....

edit: I see that people are sad to see me go, lol.

I like your style...
11/17/2016 01:42 PMPosted by Orsnoìre

Ironic that you would be claiming you are in the more intellectual position when you're literally arguing the less sophisticated, incorrect point, when it comes to economics.

Ironic that you keep posting while FAILING at pushing your agenda, go play a "sophisticated intellectual" somplace else kid.

He is not paying, PERIOD.
I cancel my sub right after paying so it never auto-renews.
11/17/2016 01:42 PMPosted by Orsnoìre

he's not arguing economics genius. He's simply saying none of his USD or Euros or whatever real world currency is coming out of his monthly real life budget for the game. You're over complicating the matter just to be a !@#$.

I really get a kick out of the lies people tell themselves.

Obviously, the game has value to him. He's spending something on it, such as his time, his in-game currency. These are not valueless things.

For example, you don't see people spite-playing free to play games. People that don't like those games just don't play them. If you're using tokens to play the game, you're signalling that you are being entertained.

The game isn't a gym membership. There's no up-front fee. You can stop and start at your hearts desire with no loss whatsoever.

he's not arguing economics genius. He's simply saying none of his USD or Euros or whatever real world currency is coming out of his monthly real life budget for the game. You're over complicating the matter just to be a !@#$.

The point is, that someone saying they're using tokens "because the game isn't worth $16 per month" is in FACT stating precisely the opposite: not only is the game worth $16 per month, it's actually worth $20 per month if you use tokens.

That's fact. That's reality. You people can live in your delusion all you want. If you pay with a token, you are in FACT paying for the game at $20 per month instead of $16. Whether the $20 comes out of your own pocket or not is irrelevant.

Yes, watch the fanboys downvoting anyone that is trashing their retarded argument.

Obviously, the game has value to him. He's spending something on it, such as his time, his in-game currency. These are not valueless things.

For example, you don't see people spite-playing free to play games. People that don't like those games just don't play them. If you're using tokens to play the game, you're signalling that you are being entertained.

The game isn't a gym membership. There's no up-front fee. You can stop and start at your hearts desire with no loss whatsoever.

<span class="truncated">...</span>he's not arguing economics genius. He's simply saying none of his USD or Euros or whatever real world currency is coming out of his monthly real life budget for the game. You're over complicating the matter just to be a !@#$.

The point is, that someone saying they're using tokens "because the game isn't worth $16 per month" is in FACT stating precisely the opposite: not only is the game worth $16 per month, it's actually worth $20 per month if you use tokens.

That's fact. That's reality. You people can live in your delusion all you want. If you pay with a token, you are in FACT paying for the game at $20 per month instead of $16. Whether the $20 comes out of your own pocket or not is irrelevant.

He is NOT paying a dime end of the !@#$ing story.
I unsubbed during Cata, after my horde guild died and I came back in Mid-MoP. I unsubbed a couple of weeks after WoD released and then returned 4 months later when some co-workers at a new job talked me into it and they got me into a great guild of theirs. Legion, yes I have some issues with, but overall I'm still enjoying it. I am starting to see the 1-2 day breaks kick in, but that's normal for my play. I have other interests besides video games after all. /shrug
11/17/2016 01:55 PMPosted by Orsnoìre
...he's not arguing economics genius. He's simply saying none of his USD or Euros or whatever real world currency is coming out of his monthly real life budget for the game. You're over complicating the matter just to be a !@#$.

No.

The person selling the token(s) is indicating the game, and in-game currency, are worth $X / month to them. They are willing to pony up the cash for more in-game currency. The player buying the tokens is saying that the tokens are worth spending y in-game gold on but not MY cash. Virtual currency that would otherwise be doing nothing for them is instead being expended for whatever enjoyment they can get from playing the game.

In the real world one of these behaviors make sense economically speaking and one doesn't...
Never unsubbing, I <3 legion.
to all those who said legion is good.

yes. it's very good. it's one of the best expansions in a long time.

but the classes need a reset. bad. this is where blizzard is struggling and why they are losing people.
11/17/2016 02:01 PMPosted by Eosforo

He is NOT paying a dime end of the !@#$ing story.

You seem to be getting angrier and angrier.

It's a fact that his subscription, if he's using a token, is worth $20 per month. Because HE is the one using said subscription, the signal he's sending is that the game is worth $20 per month by using a gold token.

These are facts. Just because you're not sophisticated, educated, and experienced enough to understand WHY doesn't change those facts.

No.

The person selling the token(s) is indicating the game, and in-game currency, are worth $X / month to them. They are willing to pony up the cash for more in-game currency. The player buying the tokens is saying that the tokens are worth spending y in-game gold on but not MY cash. Virtual currency that would otherwise be doing nothing for them is instead being expended for whatever enjoyment they can get from playing the game.

In the real world one of these behaviors make sense economically speaking and one doesn't...

OWNED
Planning to unsub in April/May, most likely. I'll be moving back to the city with a friend who doesn't play MMOs (probably will be getting a Switch) and I want to have more of an IRL social life, and I need to build my resume before I graduate from uni so I'll be looking for work/internships. So, not game related reasons. Will probably sub again if I feel like I have time.

That said, if I get bored sooner I'll be leaving sooner. I do have to say, they did a !@#$ty job of not making the game feel like a skinner box this time around with all the RNG, but raiding is still fun for now.