How many of you actually unsubbed?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 14 Next
11/17/2016 01:04 PMPosted by Orsnoìre
Spiritsurge, whether you pay for it with your own money or not, your sub is paid at a higher rate ($20 vs. $16 or less) than those who pay with cash.

So if you "pay" your sub with gold tokens, you're actually making the game more profitable and sending a more positive message, by extension, about the state of the game than if you had paid with cash.

Just how accounting/profit&loss/economics works.

I think what people are misunderstanding about those of us who pay with tokens is that (for my part atleast) I'm not giving them MY real cash to play. I don't care that Blizz makes a profit off of a $20 token. That's someone else's $20. Not mine. I care what I pay. That's how my personal finances work.
11/17/2016 02:01 PMPosted by Eosforo
He is NOT paying a dime end of the !@#$ing story.

He is paying someone else's dimes.
This thread was made so the OP could somehow justify his negativity. You see folks, 99.7% of the players are pretty happy with Legion. It's just the other .3% of crybabies that post in general that aren't happy. I think he was hoping to find an audience there
11/17/2016 01:02 PMPosted by Spiritsurge
I pay for my sub with gold, I imagine there's quite a few players like me who wouldn't be subbed right now if they had to actually pay for it.

Same boat. If it weren't for gold subs, I wouldn't be playing right now.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You seem to be getting angrier and angrier.

It's a fact that his subscription, if he's using a token, is worth $20 per month. Because HE is the one using said subscription, the signal he's sending is that the game is worth $20 per month by using a gold token.

These are facts. Just because you're not sophisticated, educated, and experienced enough to understand WHY doesn't change those facts.

You are failing so hard that you are going for the "you mad bro?" comments, so sad.

He is NOT paying any dime, deal with it.
I'm paid up with tokens until January, but after that, I'm seriously considering not bothering because tokens are at 50K at the moment.
11/17/2016 02:07 PMPosted by Jojobe
11/17/2016 01:04 PMPosted by Orsnoìre
Spiritsurge, whether you pay for it with your own money or not, your sub is paid at a higher rate ($20 vs. $16 or less) than those who pay with cash.

So if you "pay" your sub with gold tokens, you're actually making the game more profitable and sending a more positive message, by extension, about the state of the game than if you had paid with cash.

Just how accounting/profit&loss/economics works.

I think what people are misunderstanding about those of us who pay with tokens is that (for my part atleast) I'm not giving them MY real cash to play. I don't care that Blizz makes a profit off of a $20 token. That's someone else's $20. Not mine. I care what I pay. That's how my personal finances work.

We get it.

People like to talk about how they're sticking it to the man by paying with tokens instead of cash.
11/17/2016 02:07 PMPosted by Mvura
11/17/2016 02:01 PMPosted by Eosforo

He is NOT paying a dime.

The point is, that someone saying they're using tokens "because the game isn't worth $16 per month" is in FACT stating precisely the opposite: not only is the game worth $16 per month, it's actually worth $20 per month if you use tokens.

That's fact. That's reality. You people can live in your delusion all you want. If you pay with a token, you are in FACT paying for the game at $20 per month instead of $16. Whether the $20 comes out of your own pocket or not is irrelevant.

No.

The person selling the token(s) is indicating the game, and in-game currency, are worth $X / month to them. They are willing to pony up the cash for more in-game currency. The player buying the tokens is saying that the tokens are worth spending y in-game gold on but not MY cash. Virtual currency that would otherwise be doing nothing for them is instead being expended for whatever enjoyment they can get from playing the game.

In the real world one of these behaviors make sense economically speaking and one doesn't...

The problem with your analysis is that a subscription paid by token is in FACT worth $20 per month. The person may be telling themselves that they wouldn't spend that cash, but ultimately it's irrelevant because, again, the subscription is worth $20 per month if it is paid using a token.

So just as I said, the irony is that they're signalling the game is worth $20 per month instead of $16 per month by using tokens. Note the word "irony." I am fully aware that they may or may not actually value the game that way (speaking from a rational maximizer perspective), however the reality is that they're signalling that it is, in fact, worth the $20 per month by using the token system.

If you feel so strongly about the game not being worth that much per month, then don't use the token. Simple.
11/17/2016 02:08 PMPosted by Eosforo

He is NOT paying a dime.

Wait. Is he paying a quarter?
Probably not many. The people who make threads threatening to cancel probably follow through 1 out of 10 times. I imagine they only represent about 1/10 (probably way less) of the player base.

He is NOT paying a dime.

He is paying NOTHING.
11/17/2016 01:19 PMPosted by Sorcsia
Let me get this straight. You're asking who canceled their subscription on a forum where you need an active subscription to post. I'm guessing you'll take that to mean nobody canceled.

There are a lot of people in GD who claim to cancel their subs. Most of them are lying about it, but they think it makes whatever insane rant and/or demand they have seem plausible.
11/17/2016 02:11 PMPosted by Eosforo

He is paying NOTHING.

Nothing nothing or merely nothing?
11/17/2016 02:08 PMPosted by Insanebrit
I'm paid up with tokens until January, but after that, I'm seriously considering not bothering because tokens are at 50K at the moment.

Which indicates a whole lot of people are voting "pay gold, not cash, for this slop" and/or "gold isn't worth the extra cash".
11/17/2016 02:06 PMPosted by Eosforo

No.

The person selling the token(s) is indicating the game, and in-game currency, are worth $X / month to them. They are willing to pony up the cash for more in-game currency. The player buying the tokens is saying that the tokens are worth spending y in-game gold on but not MY cash. Virtual currency that would otherwise be doing nothing for them is instead being expended for whatever enjoyment they can get from playing the game.

In the real world one of these behaviors make sense economically speaking and one doesn't...

OWNED

^^^^ lol and you claim to not be getting mad.

Take a breath man. You seem super agitated.
11/17/2016 12:55 PMPosted by Toothbeer
Because blizz seems to be scrambling to calm everyone down right now

Already unsubbed
11/17/2016 02:12 PMPosted by Linnelle
11/17/2016 02:08 PMPosted by Insanebrit

Which indicates a whole lot of people are voting "pay gold, not cash, for this slop" and/or "gold isn't worth the extra cash".

Or it means that inflation is happening.
A better question is why are unsubbed people still trolling the forums
11/17/2016 02:13 PMPosted by Mvura
11/17/2016 02:12 PMPosted by Linnelle

Or it means that inflation is happening.

More likely more people have switched to paying with gold. Or, the supply has slowed down with less people buying tokens with cash.