4 Legendary "soft cap": Why Blizz?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 27 Next
11/23/2016 01:26 PMPosted by Myzdk
How did 30 translate to 3?

Because he begged for 1/10 of his free time...
Wait there is a softcap ?

Wait you think reddit is reliable ?

Why did you make this thread ?

If Blizzard says there is no softcap why do you believe some random person on reddit instead ?

11/23/2016 12:24 PMPosted by Vivec
know that Devs stated more than once that there's none such a thing like "softcap", but it's definetly currently ingame. For sure, there are persons with 5 (or even 8) legendaries

These two sentences literally contradict each other.
Uh...I Have 0. So thats a thing still.
When anecdotes get spread as fact.
I was reading this thread and became pretty distraught after seeing this excerpt from it.

so you read a post - on reddit - that has absolutely no facts or any real basis in fact other than "this guy only has four so it must be true" and became distraught over that?

umm....
I currently have 3 legendaries, and I play a lot

WHY? There's already an equip cap

To slow you down

The devs are not only mages but panda mages as well
It's your punishment for killing Nerevar, OP you jerk.
11/23/2016 01:31 PMPosted by Arcelia

you have a prydaz, stop lying.

on topic,

when all the biggest nerds in top guilds that puts insane + disgusting amount of time n effort into farm n all of them run into a wall say the same thing about "suddenly are unable to acquire a 5th after acquiring the first 4 at a steady rate", then softcap definitely exists .

Exorsus is not the only guild that noticed this trend, frag from serenity also mentioned this trend.
I was reading this thread and became pretty distraught after seeing this excerpt from it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/5ei76r/statement_about_helya_situation_and_some_other/

2) "4 legendaries softcap". I know that Devs stated more than once that there's none such a thing like "softcap", but it's definetly currently ingame. For sure, there are persons with 5 (or even 8) legendaries, howeve i assume most of them due to early bug, that helped you to get many legendaries if you got your 1st one at the start of the expansion. In fact, even the guy (or guys) who made 1340 M+ dungeons on his character still has 4 legendaries, which is more than enough of a proof. Currently, such softcap leads to some totally idiotic things, raiders (including mine) are forced to do. Got 4 legendaries on your class and they're all terrible? Got 4 legendaries for "Fire" spec and now it's useless, so you need Arcane ones? Missing one that is crucial for your gameplay?
The answer to ALL of those questions is simple - go on and create new character, level it to 110 and good luck this time. That's the ONLY choice right now for you, otherwise good luck with your useless ones.

I currently have 3 legendaries, and I play a lot (over 50 hours a week due to only working part-time atm and only weekends). I'm currently only trying to 'fish' for DPS legendaries for Arms, what happens when I get another? Am I too going to be SOL? I understand the playerbase who reads this might have a crab-in-the-bucket look towards me for having X-more legendaries than them but I have been granted these by constantly doing content to grant them. I feel awful for the real hardcore mythic raiders who treat WoW like their life 1-3 times a year in prep for raid tiers and have to deal with stuff like this.

So my question remains. WHY? There's already an equip cap, why put a soft cap on available legendaries we can earn on a character? That seriously bothers me and makes me not want to play on my main since I feel like I'd be avoiding focus on it outside of earning AP.

Wait, you are taking something posted on reddit as proof of something ?
11/23/2016 01:30 PMPosted by Somalion

If Blizzard says there is no softcap why do you believe some random person on reddit instead ?

know that Devs stated more than once that there's none such a thing like "softcap", but it's definetly currently ingame. For sure, there are persons with 5 (or even 8) legendaries

Easiest way to discredit this? Have someone prove they have more than 4 legendaries. If it's currently possible someone will surely will come forward with counter-example; if this thread simmers for a few days without anyone showing the contrary, there may very well be truth to the claim.
11/23/2016 01:48 PMPosted by Romulisp
11/23/2016 01:30 PMPosted by Somalion

Easiest way to discredit this? Have someone prove they have more than 4 legendaries. If it's currently possible someone will surely will come forward with counter-example; if this thread simmers for a few days without anyone showing the contrary, there may very well be truth to the claim.

A few have stepped up but they've also admitted to that they got a legendary early on in Legion, during that bug where Blizzard admitted they were dropping when they weren't supposed to be.
11/23/2016 01:41 PMPosted by Landysse
11/23/2016 01:31 PMPosted by Arcelia

you have a prydaz, stop lying.

on topic,

when all the biggest nerds in top guilds that puts insane + disgusting amount of time n effort into farm n all of them run into a wall say the same thing about "suddenly are unable to acquire a 5th after acquiring the first 4 at a steady rate", then softcap definitely exists .

Exorsus is not the only guild that noticed this trend, frag from serenity also mentioned this trend.

Thats not a legendary for a frost death knight. Its a literal dps downgrade over an 865. So no, its not a legendary, its garbage.
This is not how anything works.

You can't base your proof and facts using statements like "assumed" and "probably"..and then hold up *one single guy's playing time* as your evidence.

I mean you can. But it will be stupid.

How are people jumping on board with this?

Am I taking crazy pills?
11/23/2016 01:54 PMPosted by Akston

You can't base your proof and facts using statements like "assumed" and "probably"..and then hold up *one single guy's playing time* as your evidence.

Am I taking crazy pills?

because we have playerS like this ,

http://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/ravencrest/Cerli

look at the amount of m+ dungeons cleared and how many legendaries he has, things dont add up. Its a proof that "bad luck protection" is not working after getting 4 legendaries, AKA softcap.

Am I taking crazy pills?

There's lots of data to back up the existence of a soft cap. Assuming everyone played the same, legendaries should probably have a normal distribution. They don't. Here's my guild's data:
Legendary distribution of the players in my guild that regularly grind M+/BG/emissaries/raid is now:
0 players at 5
7 players at 4
7 players at 3
3 players at 2

My guild is a small data set that can be dismissed, but combined with a bunch of high end players that are playing more than my guild (a mythic "2 night" raiding guild) reporting THE EXACT THING, it's not a coincidence.
11/23/2016 01:57 PMPosted by Landysse

Am I taking crazy pills?

look at the amount of m+ dungeons cleared and how many legendaries he has, things dont add up. Its a proof that "bad luck protection" is not working after getting 4 legendaries, AKA softcap.

K. Show me a good 100+ people in the same situation. So we can rule out "bad RNG".

Until then, its fearmongering and rumor spreading using almost zero evidence that is worth listening too.
11/23/2016 01:59 PMPosted by Kazz

Am I taking crazy pills?

There's lots of data to back up the existence of a soft cap. Assuming everyone played the same, legendaries should probably have a normal distribution. They don't. Here's my guild's data:
Legendary distribution of the players in my guild that regularly grind M+/BG/emissaries/raid is now:
0 players at 5
7 players at 4
7 players at 3
3 players at 2

My guild is a small data set that can be dismissed, but combined with a bunch of high end players that are playing more than my guild (a mythic "2 night" raiding guild) reporting THE EXACT THING, it's not a coincidence.

Sorry, you did exactly what I complained about.

"Its easy to see this data that supports my side, but first lets assume something that is the crux of my argument, and is so important that if we don't assume it then my data means nothing..oh and I'll throw in a 'probably' too".
Can't wait for:

"OH WHOOPS! We didn't know it was bugged (and didn't care to look at the stats to show it for months) but we've fixed it now. It was just a bug, not intended behaviour."
11/23/2016 02:00 PMPosted by Akston
11/23/2016 01:57 PMPosted by Landysse

K. Show me a good 100+ people in the same situation. So we can rule out "bad RNG".

Until then, its fearmongering and rumor spreading using almost zero evidence that is worth listening too.

Bad rng ? I thought we have a system implemented specifically to counter this ? This guy alone discredits the whole "bad luck protection" system.

Data is consistent amongst all the top guilds that grind regularly, it cannot be coincidence every single one of them got hit by "bad rng".
11/23/2016 02:03 PMPosted by Landysse
11/23/2016 02:00 PMPosted by Akston

Bad rng ? I thought we have a system implemented specifically to counter this ? This guy alone discredits the whole "bad luck protection" system.

Data is consistent amongst all the top guilds that grind regularly, it cannot be coincidence every single one of them got hit by "bad rng".

Show me the data. I am just tired of being told I need to take someone at their word, and I need to get my torch out and join the mob.

I need something more than "assumed", "probably", and "look at these 2 guys!" being used for 100% of the evidence.