4 Legendary "soft cap": Why Blizz?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 27 Next
Wow. So utility legendaries are even worse than we think they are...
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Bad rng ? I thought we have a system implemented specifically to counter this ? This guy alone discredits the whole "bad luck protection" system.

Data is consistent amongst all the top guilds that grind regularly, it cannot be coincidence every single one of them got hit by "bad rng".

Show me the data. I am just tired of being told I need to take someone at their word, and I need to get my torch out and join the mob.

I need something more than "assumed", "probably", and "look at these 2 guys!" being used for 100% of the evidence.

to hell im gonna do all ur homework for u, its all spread out on wowprogress / twitch streams / sharing / discord amongst ppl that grind regularly. And its based on data of players in all the top guilds that grind really hard, not just "these 2 guys" . The Cerli guy is an extreme outlier that further fortifies that something is wrong on blizz side.

Why dont u show me a list of players that have more than 5+ legendaries without the bug that makes legendary items drop more early in the xpac to prove that the current system with bad luck protection has no bugs or any sort of hidden caps implemented

if u are not even gonna bother doing some research on ur own, dont even bother to comment on a topic u have no idea of.
How do you guys not get it? The people that knew what they were doing our gone.
RNG is madness and legendary coding has been consistently bugged.
Class balance has been taken over by idiots where they don't understand their playerbase. The blue posts here are just useless mouth pieces that don't address anything.
Holinka and Celestalon might as well be drunk toddlers at the controls of a ship.
I don't remember who, but there was a guy who posted a screen shot of his bags on these forums with 5 legendaries a while back.
11/23/2016 02:05 PMPosted by Akston
Show me the data. I am just tired of being told I need to take someone at their word, and I need to get my torch out and join the mob.

I need something more than "assumed", "probably", and "look at these 2 guys!" being used for 100% of the evidence.

It's confirmed legendaries are activity-based, and with it being impossible to track emissary caches completed and daily BG's done, the best you can get is probably:
Heroic Dungeons Done (from armory)
M+ Done (from WoWProgress)
LFR, Normal, Heroic, and Mythic boss kills (from armory)

I did this for my guild, and there's a strong correlation between activity and legendary count. On average, I had a legendary appearing every ~50 3-chest M+ dungeons completed (this was prior to the M+ cache changes that made running 3 chest +2's more beneficial from an AP perspective than a 1 chest M+7).
I won't get in detail about the exploit and neither if Blizzard did something or not towards the guilds in the past, to me, it's fairly irrelevant to the majority of players.

However, we have this and I believe it should be highlighted everywhere:

That's the next issue i want to brought up with all the community and Blizzard. Am i the only one, who's a bit upset about the fact, that best PvE MMO Ever has PvP tournament each year at Blizzcon, however noone cares about PvE at all? More on that, we even have M+ rankings on Blizzard side now, but still nothing about raid dungeons. Every time i'm checking official Warcraft twitter i can see reposts about someone beating "Lil'idan" petbattle with some fancy screenshot, but almost not a single mention about the PvE race at all.

The sad thing is - PvE top scene is slowly dying. Remember the times when getting into top 10 of the world was something you dreamed of as a hardcore guild? Now it's more of a question if you have 20 people to stay online for 14+ hours for 1 week.

THIS.
11/23/2016 02:05 PMPosted by Akston
11/23/2016 02:03 PMPosted by Landysse

Bad rng ? I thought we have a system implemented specifically to counter this ? This guy alone discredits the whole "bad luck protection" system.

Data is consistent amongst all the top guilds that grind regularly, it cannot be coincidence every single one of them got hit by "bad rng".

It's "look at the hundreds of players comprising top mythic guilds", not 2 people. Stop being a moron for no reason.
11/23/2016 02:13 PMPosted by Hasil
I don't remember who, but there was a guy who posted a screen shot of his bags on these forums with 5 legendaries a while back.

think the same guy posted on mmo-c,

guy also admitted benefited from the bug early in the xpac and got extra 1 out of it, if u take that one out guy sits at 4.

So far only these ppl that benefited from the bug in early legion release managed to get past the 4 legendary softcap.
11/23/2016 02:13 PMPosted by Hasil

This disproves a hard cap but not a soft cap.

Also many people with >4 legendaries have obtained one or more prior to the Sep 15 hotfix that made it more likely to get legendaries if you already had one :)
11/23/2016 02:11 PMPosted by Landysse

to hell im gonna do all ur homework for u, its all spread out on wowprogress / twitch streams / sharing / discord amongst ppl that grind regularly.

It's literally your homework to provide the data to back yourself up when you claim something.
Did I miss when Blizz released the bad luck protection numbers and description of exactly how it works? I mean, you all must be privy as you are quoting all sorts of numbers as "proof".
why is everyone acting like this is factual information?

Its just a thread from a !@#$posting website

to hell im gonna do all ur homework for u, its all spread out on wowprogress / twitch streams / sharing / discord amongst ppl that grind regularly.

It's literally your homework to provide the data to back yourself up when you claim something.

basically every top mythic guild's grinding experience and this insane guy,
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/ravencrest/Cerli

and of course clueless player like Akston that has 10-20 times less m+ clears will claim it as "bad rng" . I guess all nerds in top mythic guilds that grind endlessly every day n night all have "bad rng" and thank you blizzard for having a "bad luck protection" system that doesnt work to protect players against "bad rng"
....Odds of 0 Legendary in 500 consecutive chances assuming a fixed % chance with no "bad luck protection" for players who already have 4 or more:

1 in 100 drop rate - 0.7% chance of none
1 in 200 drop rate - 8.2%
1 in 500 drop rate - 36.8%
1 in 1000 drop rate - 60.6%
1 in 2000 drop rate - 77.9%
1 in 5000 drop rate - 90.5%

Just curious. Where did you get those numbers? Did you make them up?
11/23/2016 02:21 PMPosted by Ammako

the first one that claim it was the member of Exorsus on that reddit post, he wont claim !@#$ like that if he sees at least one of his guild member got 5 legendaries after the bug fix, you might as well check the entire Exorsus's raid member one by one but doing it for something as stupid as proving it to your random LFR raider on the forum, i think its not worth the time

even that Cerli guy must be doing all those M+ with 4 other hardcore player, if none of his teammate got more than 4 i think thats worth of explaining from blizz, you also dont need to believe them anyway, if blizz answer yes then they need to fix that, if they said no then cool, it would benefit all of us
11/23/2016 02:22 PMPosted by Smoothiè
Did I miss when Blizz released the bad luck protection numbers and description of exactly how it works? I mean, you all must be privy as you are quoting all sorts of numbers as "proof".

They havent released any actual information. They just said it exists, with nothing to be proven for it. No breakpoints, no percentages, nothing. All we have is speculation, in which the assumptions people are making have quite sound reasoning.

You dont need a spreadsheet with 10000 players activities done per day to make a conclusion that theres a larger gap between people with 4 and 5 legendaries compared to the other amounts of legendaries acquired.
People with 4 legedaries are complaing? I have 1 and its the worst in the game and i play many hours per week.
11/23/2016 02:28 PMPosted by Landysse

and of course clueless player like Akston that has 10-20 times less m+ clears will claim it as "bad rng" . I guess all nerds in top mythic guilds that grind endlessly every day n night all have "bad rng" and thank you blizzard for having a "bad luck protection" system that doesnt work to protect players against "bad rng"

Why is getting 4 considered bad rng?
Why did we all of a sudden get from needing one to needing 5?

Even if there is some sort of soft cap, who says it won't be removed or changed in an upcoming patch? Isn't that the idea of a "soft" cap? Would it be that big a surprise to find out that Blizzard actually wanted to space things out over time to give players some incentive to keep playing? What an idea!
11/23/2016 02:28 PMPosted by Landysse

correlation doesn't imply causation...
11/23/2016 02:32 PMPosted by Kahl
11/23/2016 02:22 PMPosted by Smoothiè

They havent released any actual information. They just said it exists, with nothing to be proven for it. No breakpoints, no percentages, nothing. All we have is speculation, in which the assumptions people are making have quite sound reasoning.

You dont need a spreadsheet with 10000 players activities done per day to make a conclusion that theres a larger gap between people with 4 and 5 legendaries compared to the other amounts of legendaries acquired.

And it's all still an assumption until they release those numbers. I swear, people are not happy unless they find a way they think they are being screwed over.