4 Legendary "soft cap": Why Blizz?

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 27 Next
What a big pissy fit over nothing. Even with 4 legendaries, you cant claim all of them are crap for your character.
Keep this thread alive. Waiting on answer how its possible to do 700+ runs including clearing raids and not seeing another. What does Blizzard consider "extreme bad luck" before your legendary chance is just about guaranteed? 1000 runs? I'm personally going on 300m+ runs since last drop. This should never happen. I'm starting to suspect that "bad luck protection" is not working as intended OR it simply turns off after you get your 3rd or 4th drop.
Cap definitely exists, have talked to numerous players with lots of M+ (500+ at the very least), all stuck at 4 legendaries.
11/23/2016 12:24 PMPosted by Vivec
I was reading this thread and became pretty distraught after seeing this excerpt from it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/5ei76r/statement_about_helya_situation_and_some_other/

2) "4 legendaries softcap". I know that Devs stated more than once that there's none such a thing like "softcap", but it's definetly currently ingame. For sure, there are persons with 5 (or even 8) legendaries, howeve i assume most of them due to early bug, that helped you to get many legendaries if you got your 1st one at the start of the expansion. In fact, even the guy (or guys) who made 1340 M+ dungeons on his character still has 4 legendaries, which is more than enough of a proof. Currently, such softcap leads to some totally idiotic things, raiders (including mine) are forced to do. Got 4 legendaries on your class and they're all terrible? Got 4 legendaries for "Fire" spec and now it's useless, so you need Arcane ones? Missing one that is crucial for your gameplay?
The answer to ALL of those questions is simple - go on and create new character, level it to 110 and good luck this time. That's the ONLY choice right now for you, otherwise good luck with your useless ones.

I currently have 3 legendaries, and I play a lot (over 50 hours a week due to only working part-time atm and only weekends). I'm currently only trying to 'fish' for DPS legendaries for Arms, what happens when I get another? Am I too going to be SOL? I understand the playerbase who reads this might have a crab-in-the-bucket look towards me for having X-more legendaries than them but I have been granted these by constantly doing content to grant them. I feel awful for the real hardcore mythic raiders who treat WoW like their life 1-3 times a year in prep for raid tiers and have to deal with stuff like this.

So my question remains. WHY? There's already an equip cap, why put a soft cap on available legendaries we can earn on a character? That seriously bothers me and makes me not want to play on my main since I feel like I'd be avoiding focus on it outside of earning AP.

How the !@#$ do u manage to play the game almost 8 hours every day? Unbelievable
If a soft cap exists that means I can't offspec, which leaves me stuck when they kill fire mages.

Thanks Blizzard.
11/23/2016 01:57 PMPosted by Landysse
11/23/2016 01:54 PMPosted by Akston
This is not how anything works.

You can't base your proof and facts using statements like "assumed" and "probably"..and then hold up *one single guy's playing time* as your evidence.

I mean you can. But it will be stupid.

How are people jumping on board with this?

Am I taking crazy pills?

because we have playerS like this ,

http://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/ravencrest/Cerli

look at the amount of m+ dungeons cleared and how many legendaries he has, things dont add up. Its a proof that "bad luck protection" is not working after getting 4 legendaries, AKA softcap.

dude there is no bad luck protection 2 blues stated a month ago that does not exist for legendaries. it was removed.
I honestly thought the legendaries wouldn't be super rare when this feature was talked about before the expansion released, considering at best you can only wear 2 of them. I envisioned getting them all after several months and than swapping them out based on content and what effects were most helpful for a particular fight.

Instead, they are insanely rare and not well balanced at all among themselves, which was the opposite of what I expected. Some are horrible, while others are too good, resulting in very bland BiS ones that people are obviously going to want while disregarding the others.

This system could have been great, but overall it's been a major black eye to this expansion.
Blues should respond to this post to nip things in the butt. Or we'll be seeing a wildfire bursting out of control.
The passion in this thread is amazing. Let's get an answer. There is an issue here whether Blizzard wants to openly acknowledge it or not.
Eso is looking pretty nice.... I'm sure they don't have to deal with a crap balance team and rng luck to be good for immersive game-play.
:/
11/23/2016 02:11 PMPosted by Landysse

Show me the data. I am just tired of being told I need to take someone at their word, and I need to get my torch out and join the mob.

I need something more than "assumed", "probably", and "look at these 2 guys!" being used for 100% of the evidence.

to hell im gonna do all ur homework for u, its all spread out on wowprogress / twitch streams / sharing / discord amongst ppl that grind regularly. And its based on data of players in all the top guilds that grind really hard, not just "these 2 guys" . The Cerli guy is an extreme outlier that further fortifies that something is wrong on blizz side.

Why dont u show me a list of players that have more than 5+ legendaries without the bug that makes legendary items drop more early in the xpac to prove that the current system with bad luck protection has no bugs or any sort of hidden caps implemented

if u are not even gonna bother doing some research on ur own, dont even bother to comment on a topic u have no idea of.

But you're trying to convince everyone... the burden of proof is on you.
11/23/2016 07:25 PMPosted by Táurìel

Blue post recently disagrees with you. Seems you have bad info.

look at the amount of m+ dungeons cleared and how many legendaries he has, things dont add up. Its a proof that "bad luck protection" is not working after getting 4 legendaries, AKA softcap.

dude there is no bad luck protection 2 blues stated a month ago that does not exist for legendaries. it was removed.

11/23/2016 07:25 PMPosted by Táurìel
11/23/2016 01:57 PMPosted by Landysse

There is bad luck protection; they even posted an explanation how it worked recently.

to hell im gonna do all ur homework for u, its all spread out on wowprogress / twitch streams / sharing / discord amongst ppl that grind regularly. And its based on data of players in all the top guilds that grind really hard, not just "these 2 guys" . The Cerli guy is an extreme outlier that further fortifies that something is wrong on blizz side.

Why dont u show me a list of players that have more than 5+ legendaries without the bug that makes legendary items drop more early in the xpac to prove that the current system with bad luck protection has no bugs or any sort of hidden caps implemented

if u are not even gonna bother doing some research on ur own, dont even bother to comment on a topic u have no idea of.

But you're trying to convince everyone... the burden of proof is on you.

i did show my proof
lol more of blizzard's incompetence is in full view
How would it feel legendary if you're walking around with 7+ pieces in your bags? It might as well be regular gear at that point.
Hey sweet, I already got 2 legendaries that are completely useless for my DPS

You know DPS... that thing which is suppose to be my main role and purpose as a rogue no matter what spec I play?

Sweet so after a couple months more grinding Blizzard can give me the neck piece too maybe? Cause that absorb shield is soooo useful to rogues which will leave me with what? 1 possible legendary that isn't worthless to me. Gee awesome.

But hey, at least that fresh 110 rogue that doesn't know what a mythic dungeon is got his 2 BiS ones. So obviously the system is working as intended!
11/23/2016 08:41 PMPosted by Nagasis
How would it feel legendary if you're walking around with 7+ pieces in your bags? It might as well be regular gear at that point.

Are you trying to be ironic here or are you actually serious?

If you're serious then dear lord...

Suppose your spec has 8 legendaries and you are seeking a specific 2 legendaries. Then there is a 1/4 chance you will not have both of those 2 that you want until you have gathered all 8 of the legendaries for your spec.

ever since they introduced the cloaks in mists of pandaria , legendary is already no longer legendary when everyone n their mum was rolling with one, this xpac is no different