Assassination: Master Poisoner and Envenom

Rogue
So, anyone have any idea why Envenom isn't affected by Master Poisoner? I know it's not technically poison, but the wording is similar to Assassin's Mastery and that increases Envenom. So.... I don't understand why it doesn't effect Envenom.
It should, try to use 5 cp with MP and 5 without.. youll see the difference.
11/16/2016 08:47 PMPosted by Desteria
It should, try to use 5 cp with MP and 5 without.. youll see the difference.

I think you should take your own advice. ;) The only difference MP has on Envenom is any increase you get from AP.
MP affects AP, AP affects Envenom. So indirectly it DOES buff Envenom.
11/16/2016 09:09 PMPosted by Arminus

But it should also be buffing the damage that Envenom does since Envenom does nature damage, same as all our poisons. I honestly think that the devs are just worried about the double dipping of MP affecting AP, which affects Envenom and then having MP directly affecting Envenom on top of that...would be some pretty good numbers!

I've been trying to get a word from the devs about why MP isn't affecting Envenom, Kingsbane, and Bag of Tricks procs but sadly it's been radio silence on their end.

Edit: After some testing, I was able to confirm that MP does affect Kingsbane and Bag of Tricks so please disregard my second paragraph.
11/17/2016 05:30 AMPosted by Handsomejeff
11/16/2016 09:09 PMPosted by Arminus

But it should also be buffing the damage that Envenom does since Envenom does nature damage, same as all our poisons. I honestly think that the devs are just worried about the double dipping of MP affecting AP, which affects Envenom and then having MP directly affecting Envenom on top of that...would be some pretty good numbers!

I've been trying to get a word from the devs about why MP isn't affecting Envenom, Kingsbane, and Bag of Tricks procs but sadly it's been radio silence on their end.

That'd be awesome if MP affected Envenom directly. Throw some Envenom relics in to the weapon and see some 1.5-2mill crits would be awesome. We would also see a nerf immediately.

I don't play MP/AP or EP/AP but I did tinker and I'm about 98% positive that MP effects Kingsbane poison.
11/17/2016 06:43 AMPosted by Smoochums
I don't play MP/AP or EP/AP but I did tinker and I'm about 98% positive that MP effects Kingsbane poison.

It does, and MP also affects Bag of Tricks

It is a shame though that MP doesn't affect Envenom

Bag of Tricks is my favorite thing to see.
Every time that green splat procs I get real jazzed.

I wish I could make EP/AP work for me, I have the gear but my EX build melts faces in pve, though my sims show much higher dps with EP/AP.
11/17/2016 06:55 AMPosted by Smoochums

Bag of Tricks is my favorite thing to see.
Every time that green splat procs I get real jazzed.

[/quote]

Right up until the tank is like "OMG run away and take all the mobs!"

And you're all like, "Nooooooooo muh deeps FML!!!"
And you're all like, "Nooooooooo muh deeps FML!!!"

Haha so true. Only when I do public content.

My guild tanks are trained now fortunately.
11/17/2016 06:46 AMPosted by Omgbak
11/17/2016 06:43 AMPosted by Smoochums

Really? it's affecting both Kingsbane and BoT? In my testing I did not see it buffing either of these abilities. This was about a month ago so maybe something was changed. Wouldn't be the first time things were stealth fixed with no patch notes or anything...

Guess I'll do some testing today and verify. Thanks fellas.

Edit: Tested this out this morning, did a kingsbane with no buffs or anything while specc'd out of MP and then did one while specc'd into MP and the difference was quite clear. Did the same thing with Bag of Tricks. Confirmed that MP does in fact affect Kingsbane and Bag of Tricks. Thanks guys!