Torn...

General Discussion
I'm literally TORN between these 3 classes/specs that I've came down to.

Enhancement Shaman
Windwalker Monk
Havoc Demon Hunter

I need some feedback from the community, whom may have some
time invested into these 3.

Regarding Mythic+ content, because that will be my endgame focus.

Which of these classes do better sustained and burst DPS in the long run?

Require no, or the least amount of ramp up time in their rotation?

The least dependent on cool downs for their rotation to execute effectively in terms of DPS?

The least RNG in their DPS rotation?

Most smooth and engaging game play?

Most rewarding and appreciated in endgame group content, or game play?

Scales better with gear?

Any other thoughts on the class(ses) regarding upcoming 7.1.5?

Any additional information regarding how well these specs play out in higher Mythics would be greatly appreciated!
I've only done a handful of Mythic +3s as my highest content so take what I have to say with a grain of salt.

11/17/2016 06:10 PMPosted by Maveah
[b]Which of these classes do better sustained and burst DPS in the long run?

I'd argue the Windwalker would. Very consistent damage and outside of a free Blackout Kick now and again, they don't have any RNG in their rotation. Mastery + Hit Combo means you can't just spam moves and you have to alternate different abilities, but that's never really an issue. Strike of the Windlord, Fists of Fury, and Spinning Dragon Kick make for fantastic AoE damage, especially when combined with Storm, Earth, and Fire.

Require no, or the least amount of ramp up time in their rotation?

Outside of stacking Hit Combo to 8 stacks for +16% damage, Windwalker doesn't have much in terms of ramp up time.

The least dependent on cool downs for their rotation to execute effectively in terms of DPS?

The longest cooldown you have is Storm, Earth, and Fire which is 1.5 min. The next longest is Strike of the Windlord, which is 40 seconds and its by far your hardest hitting ability. I honestly don't feel like I'm waiting on hard hitting abilities to come off cool down since with the exception of Tiger Palm, everything hits pretty hard.

The least RNG in their DPS rotation?

Can't speak for the other classes but like I said, Windwalker has a single proc for free Blackout Kicks, and you're doing those as part of your rotation anyways so it's more of a cool perk rather than a tedious "I have to stop my rotation and do this thing right now!" kind of proc.

I don't feel I can accurately answer the last two questions because I feel that it's somewhat subjective.
WW monk has an incredibly smooth rotation. Against most packs you burst out a ton of damage with some short cooldown abilities, smack a few dudes to quickly ramp up SCK to absurd damage levels, then spin to win.

You have solid survivability, great mobility, and an extraordinarily useful 5s aoe stun every 45 seconds. RNG does not play a significant role.
I'm no help. I have 4 level 110's that are at all various stages of progression lol I can't decide either
I main an Elemental Shaman.

Elemental Shaman takes a bit to get going depending on the talent selection. I find that with Ascendance, I can burst pretty hard, but after that I flounder in the numbers. With Lightning Rod, it's not as bursty on bosses, but sustain is there - mix in Stormkeeper and it has the chance of being quite bursty. Also, since it takes time to build Maelstrom on single target, it may feel slower. Generally on trash, you'll generate it faster because of Chain Lightning and it's Static Overload proc from the artifact weapon.

Elemental has always been RNG heavy, but I've played it for so long I hardly notice it. Lava Surge is a proc that resets the cooldown on Lava Burst and makes it instant. Power of the Maelstrom is an elite trait that has a chance on Lava Burst cast to proc an increased chance of Overload proccing on Lightning Bolt only. Elemental Focus is a chance on crit to increase spell effectiveness of the next two healing or damage spells by 10%. Lava Burst is a guaranteed crit, so it's going to be up when you Lava Burst.

As far as a rewarding experience: I think it is. As an Elemental Shaman, you bring a ton of utility to the group: Lightning Surge Totem (AoE Stun), Wind Rush Totem (movement speed). Earthquake helps keep trash soft CC'd with the knockdown effect. You have Hex to hard CC a target. You can also offheal with Healing Surge if needed. I've used all of these to varying degrees during Mythic dungeons.

I can't help you with Monk or Demon Hunter, sorry.

Edit: Was wondering why I had been downvoted. I could have sworn I read Elemental and not Enhancement. Sorry about that. :/
You probably should not play any of those classes if they literally tear you apart.

With this you should avoid DH then because its a cd heavy spec. I would say WW monk but havent tried much shaman.
I am literally at my wit's end when it comes to people not understanding the meaning of literal.
WW Monk, they're pretty much a Havoc DH with better Single Target, PvP Abilities and AoE.
I'm literally TORN

That sounds painful, should probably see doctor for that.
I have enhance and ww at 110, but my WW is by far my highest geared of all. I also mained enh in WoD in a heroic raid guild in HFC. So that should give some context to my comments.

I switched to monk during my beta testing of Legion about 3 weeks after patch 7.0. In my testing, and even now on live, my burst and sustained DPS on Monk crushes my DPS on shaman, in equivalent gear.

At the end, though, I suggest playing the character that speaks to you. Play what you enjoy most and love.
Have both 110 ww monk and enh shaman. Go windwalker.
My alt is a Enhance Shammie, he is quite fun to play although there is a ton of RnG with regards to your stormbringer procs

Fun anyway and not hugely different to this Feral.

Im also leveling up a windwalker now, and it seems more complete in regards to a mythic+ toolkit
Enhance is great, it does better single target than almost anyone and AE is average, and by that I mean it's not bad, middle of the pack. AE stun, good off heal capability. Killing bosses, or nuking dangerous mobs in a pack is what they excel at. Good 5 man class but should be paired with a good AE class to balance.

WW is god mode AE DPS, really amazing in a 5 man, single target is respectable but not obscene. AE stun, paralysis is an excellent CC, and very mobile. Probably the single best class to have in a 5 man.

Havoc is comparable to WW but the damage is not quite as high (still very high) and they move around to damn much IMO. Probably the 2nd best melee class in a 5 man but I don't see how they are better than a WW at anything.
11/17/2016 06:18 PMPosted by Astanta
I'm no help. I have 4 level 110's that are at all various stages of progression lol I can't decide either

We can't continue to live like this.
Can't quite wrap my head around the fact that according to SIMS...

If WW do much better than the other two specs, why are their numbers lower?

Unless I'm looking at the wrong subcategories in the charts?
Mythic+?

Windwalker easy.

Has some of the highest and most consistent AoE DPS in the game and the ST isn't horrible either.

I always hope to snag a WW for their DPS and AoE stuns in my Mythic+ groups.
11/17/2016 08:57 PMPosted by Torvos
Mythic+?

Windwalker easy.

Has some of the highest and most consistent AoE DPS in the game and the ST isn't horrible either.

I always hope to snag a WW for their DPS and AoE stuns in my Mythic+ groups.

This. We're rare because people don't play us much, but groups will always turn heads to see a WW tearing up the charts in 5 man content.