How do I fix tab target? (answer in comments)

General Discussion
It won't change my target at all. It's still bound and I don't have any addons on atm. Cleared wtf and cache, still not working
I have edited my config file for tab but when the game restarts TAB just goes back to being stupid. So what i did was make a macro and use it for all my characters. you will more than likely have to hit this macro every time you log to any of your characters. it sucks, but it works untill they fix this crap.

Make a new macro, call it what ever you want. Mine is named TAB.
Copy and paste this script, and hit save.

/console targetnearestuseold 1

Put the macro somewhere accessible so you can hit it when you log on to a character.
12/04/2016 04:56 AMPosted by Knockerz
I have edited my config file for tab but when the game restarts TAB just goes back to being stupid. So what i did was make a macro and use it for all my characters. you will more than likely have to hit this macro every time you log to any of your characters. it sucks, but it works untill they fix this crap.

Put the macro somewhere accessible so you can hit it when you log on to a character.

You can edit the config file, save, then go into it's properties and mark it as read only, that way the game client won't be able to modify it back.
12/04/2016 04:56 AMPosted by Knockerz

wow that fixed it, thank you. clicking it whenever i log on is better than it not working at all!