Bear vs Prot pally threat advice

General Discussion
I am an 865 bear and my GM is an 866 Prot Paladin. During ToV Normal Helya we had many issues with him pulling threat from me without taunting. The reason this was a problem is because I was taking all the breaths in a specific location. Breath would be incoming and I would taunt, then she turns back to him breaths then comes back to me. I have an addon that alerts at taunts and he most certainly was not taunting her. Why is this happening? My growl should generate enough threat to hold aggro until at least the breath ends. It did ok if he did not do any attacks to her prior the first breath. After that, it all seems ok. Do prot pallys just have retarded burst that generates a !@#$ load of threat?
For some reason I feel like the threat modifier on Guardian Druid abilities is set at a lower level than every other tank. The only real "fix" I can suggest would be to have him white hit until you're comfortably ahead (downloading Omen would be a good way to judge this).

Edit: ...which you already said you're doing. Derp.
Atraeus, thanks...I have always noticed this as well. Like we dont have much threat. On the threat meters growl will boost it but he is always very close to mine
I had issues on Raid Finder in this fight with a DH pulling insane threat that I couldn't taunt off of. He out geared me, but my taunts still should work.
11/16/2016 01:17 PMPosted by Happyellen
I had issues on Raid Finder in this fight with a DH pulling insane threat that I couldn't taunt off of. He out geared me, but my taunts still should work.

Yeah I don't think aggro is modified by ilvl..unless we are talking really high ilvl (880+) vs straight lfr (840s)...it might be an issue from burst damage
Honestly it is fight dependent. I pull threat easily on Nythandra but lose threat so easily on ursoc.
Tell your co-tank to lay off the threat when you're tanking breaths? His dps during breaths isn't going to make or break the fight, and if it does, then you were close to a kill anyways.