Illidan vs. Sargeras

General Discussion
11/19/2016 12:28 AMPosted by Sisterspite
Being anti-Sargeras doesn't make Illidan a "good" guy. Sargeras is not the ultimate bad guy.

Yeah just wait, Sargarus will be redeemed and confirmed the last Titan. Who's going to help us take down the Old Gods.
11/19/2016 12:35 AMPosted by Torvos
<span class="truncated">...</span>

With in the boundary of existing lore he is.

Nah, it's actually the Void Lords.

Sargeras would still be a lawful good Titan if the Void Lords hadn't left him shook.

Void Lords > Old Gods/Titans apparently

Old Gods are pretty much on the level of the Naaru now (in terms of being made by something more powerful)
11/19/2016 12:51 AMPosted by Lilarel
11/19/2016 12:35 AMPosted by Torvos

Nah, it's actually the Void Lords.

Sargeras would still be a lawful good Titan if the Void Lords hadn't left him shook.

Void Lords > Old Gods/Titans apparently

Old Gods are pretty much on the level of the Naaru now (in terms of being made but something more powerful)

We still haven't seen one at full power so honestly im not surprised.
11/19/2016 12:49 AMPosted by Zelkova
11/19/2016 12:28 AMPosted by Sisterspite
Being anti-Sargeras doesn't make Illidan a "good" guy. Sargeras is not the ultimate bad guy.

Yeah just wait, Sargarus will be redeemed and confirmed the last Titan. Who's going to help us take down the Old Gods.

Well there is 2 Titans that we know of him and unborn Azeroth.
11/19/2016 12:52 AMPosted by Torvos

Old Gods are pretty much on the level of the Naaru now (in terms of being made but something more powerful)

We still haven't seen one at full power so honestly im not surprised.

This is true but we also haven't seen a prime naaru in action either.
11/19/2016 12:15 AMPosted by Simonfraser

The servers Illidan and Sargeras just happen to be the two most populated and accomplished servers, with each server having 99% of its population on either horde or alliance.

I'd like to know what the 1% play as, if they don't play as horde or alliance.
11/19/2016 12:56 AMPosted by Velvetpurse

The servers Illidan and Sargeras just happen to be the two most populated and accomplished servers, with each server having 99% of its population on either horde or alliance.

I'd like to know what the 1% play as, if they don't play as horde or alliance.

They designated what the 99% is assigned to right after they said 99% lol
11/19/2016 12:27 AMPosted by Torvos
11/19/2016 12:24 AMPosted by Domalian

i mean... you literally eat people
"good guys" lol

Your race has almost caused the destruction of the entire world more than once.

Check. Your turn.

Do we really need to review the events surrounding the introduction of orcs to azeroth?
11/19/2016 12:45 AMPosted by Torvos

So we're gonna forget the whole "Ner'zhul exploding Draenor" thing? And the whole "genociding Draenei to the point you literally paved a road with their bones"?

Ehh, Legion followed Dranei to Draenor. Their fault.

Orcs were a peaceful nomadic culture until the space goats crashed into the planet with their demonic tag alongs.

Pretty sure the last expansion proved once and for all that the orcs were never peaceful. Also, Draenor would not have been spared by the Legion if the draenei had not been there. It would have been crushed by the Legion either way. If anything, the draenei being there is the reason the orcs aren't all dead or mindless pawns of the Legion and Draenor isn't just another pile of fel rubble (though it is still a broken planet thanks to the orcs).

So many like to claim that Azeroth needed the orcs and them invading it was necessary. Well, guess what? The orcs needed the draenei and them crash landing on Draenor was necessary.
11/19/2016 12:53 AMPosted by Lilarel
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Well there is 2 Titans that we know of him and unborn Azeroth.

I never heard of this unborn.

@Torvos As for Void Lords. I know that they created the Old Gods and as far as I'm informed they can't manifest in our universe and we can't go to theirs, so they have to rely on the Old Gods to do their bidding. Not sure how they're going to write it out for the Void Lords to manifest without consuming the universe itself. So while being the most powerful enemy it seems to be more of a stalemate then an immediate threat.
11/19/2016 12:24 AMPosted by Domalian
11/19/2016 12:20 AMPosted by Simonfraser

Cant judge a character by looks, just.like how the horde is actually the good side

i mean... you literally eat people
"good guys" lol

Exactly. Good on you Forsaken guy for cleaning up those rotting corpses before bacteria spreads.
11/19/2016 12:59 AMPosted by Carpemortem
11/19/2016 12:27 AMPosted by Torvos

Your race has almost caused the destruction of the entire world more than once.

Check. Your turn.

Do we really need to review the events surrounding the introduction of orcs to azeroth?

Which never would have happened had goats not crashed into their planet with the Legion following them. Didn't even ask permission of the Orcs, just decided to bring the universes' worst residents right to their doorstep.

11/19/2016 12:59 AMPosted by Iyoma
Also, Draenor would not have been spared by the Legion if the draenei had not been there. It would have been crushed by the Legion either way.

This is a fairly rigged hypothetical that really has no basis in terms of confirming or denying the claim.

It's more probable the Legion would continue to be unaware of the Orcs as they had been prior to the arrival of the goats.
11/19/2016 01:14 AMPosted by Torvos
11/19/2016 12:59 AMPosted by Iyoma
Also, Draenor would not have been spared by the Legion if the draenei had not been there. It would have been crushed by the Legion either way.

This is a fairly rigged hypothetical that really has no basis in terms of confirming or denying the claim.

It's more probable the Legion would continue to be unaware of the Orcs as they had been prior to the arrival of the goats.

It's the Legion's goal to destroy all life in the universe. That includes the life on Draenor. The Legion would have eventually got around to it and destroyed it. It isn't even like Draenor was undiscoverable either, as the Titans had already found it and messed with it.
11/19/2016 12:18 AMPosted by Domalian
still can't believe this demon looking dude is the savior of azeroth

Cant judge a character by looks, just.like how the horde is actually the good side

Good jokes.
I mean isnt sargeras technically a good guy aswell. Yes he wants to destroy azeroth but that is because he is the only one to have seen a world corrupted by the void gods and doesn't want any other world to fall to them.

In his own mind he is doing the right thing.

(I may be a bit wrong on this but it was recently retconned by blizz to be this way right? or explained in a recent book or something it was posted on the forums previously.)
But Sargeras isnt an old god be the big bad ;^)

He is demoted to an angsty edgy teenager who killed everyone because they wouldnt agree and give him enough attention :P
Illidan is the best server, deal with it
Kind of a fun little thing I guess, but it's also not too surprising that two of the super well known lore figures in the game are the most populated servers as well. I can just see people early on in WoW going ok...what server OH GOD ILLIDAN? TRUCK YEAH.

11/19/2016 01:40 AMPosted by Faultypally
I mean isnt sargeras technically a good guy aswell.

In a bat!@#$ crazy convoluted sort of way, yes.
11/19/2016 12:22 AMPosted by Vancastle

With sylvanas as ''warchief''? Forget that lol.

Grrr...
I mean at least Garrosh had honor in Cata questing. Sylvanas? Nothing yet
I would never label Illidan as a good guy. I really think what he's destined to do is give his life in some way that will decisively turn the tide in our favor against the Legion. Then he would finally learn what sacrifice truly is, redeem himself to an extent, and still live up his whole "willing to do whatever it takes to stop the Legion" mantra.