Keep U.S and Oceanic servers segregated.

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
Im so sick of getting into groups via lfg or just joining random battleground queues and having 1600 server ping and 31ms at home. It only occurs when i get paired with people from oceanic servers. STOP PUTTING U.S PEOPLE WITH OCEANIC.
I agree with the lag issues. I've had to leave groups when I was tanking because I kept having huge lag spikes
This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard, I'm from an Oceanic server and when joining US servers I get 250 ping MAX and whenever anyone from US servers join groups hosted by Oceanic they get 250 ping max as well.

Seems your internet is the problem.
11/26/2016 05:26 AMPosted by Brayjunaz
This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard, I'm from an Oceanic server and when joining US servers I get 250 ping MAX and whenever anyone from US servers join groups hosted by Oceanic they get 250 ping max as well.

Yea. He must be wrong because your experience is different than his........ *eye roll*
11/26/2016 05:28 AMPosted by Nadeya
Yea. He must be wrong because your experience is different than his........ *eye roll*

I'm from oceanic too, and most people I know, including myself are usually at 200-300 ping on US realms.

Also we had to play on your servers for like 8 years so don't complain when you get 1 BG on our server.
We dealt with 200 ping at a min for 10 years im sure you can put up with it every so often when you happen to queue for content at Oceanic peak times and end up in an Oceanic group.

200~? US servers and a small handful of Oceanic ones i cant imagine you're getting too many of our groups.
Oceanic as well and I constantly group with my friends from the US servers, pulling them onto the Oceanic realms. They don't get any higher than 200~350ms.

Segregating the two and not allowing Oce people to play with their friends again, yeah, that's such a great idea. rolls eyes.

If I am able to play on the US servers with only ~300 ping max, then it's clearly on your end, not ours. Especially because Australian internet is notorious for being one of the worst in the entire world.

Yeah it 100% is, his isp is probably taking the cheapest possible route to Sydney, good luck getting any isp to actually care about issues like that and fix them though, often its like talking to a brickwall.
Yeah 1600 server ping is clearly your problem, yes it can be high like 300ms but anything above 1000 is pretty much an issue from the player's side or network.
I will play with you in lfg and you can't do anything. hahaha

If you don't want to play with another regions only do a group with players in your server.
Australian ISPs have more, um, need to connect to U.S. sites than U.S. ISPs have need to connect to Australian sites. That's just the way the market is. No way is the traffic symmetric.

Unless U.S. players make it an issue, Blizzard will continue to group U.S. players with the Aussie WoW servers.
Your lag is only your problem, it is unnaffected by any other players lag.
I just want our damn day/night cycle to be fixed.
I would pay extra each month if I was able to not ever have to play with Brazilians and Asians, I am being serious.

About the same for me. I get from 200-250ms when I end up in a dungeon on an oceanic server. I won't say it's unplayable, but compared to the 20ms I usually get, it's quite annoying. But the alternative is longer wait times for us, and MUCH longer wait times for oceanic people.

I'm pretty sure the groups are put on the server where the majority of people are. So if 3/5 are oceanic, they go into an oceanic instance server. Someone is always going to get the short end of the stick there, but there really isn't any way around it unless magical latency-free connections are made to Australia.
11/26/2016 06:40 AMPosted by Thadryn
I would pay extra each month if I was able to not ever have to play with Brazilians and Asians, I am being serious.
I like the part where I do Battlegrounds mid-afternoon and 4/5 of the group is huehues and completely ignore English speakers and then throw the game because the healers wanted to "do damage xD" instead.
I know Aussie groups have lag issues, but frankly staying up late enough to run bgs with them usually results in some fun times.
11/26/2016 06:49 AMPosted by Vralok

About the same for me. I get from 200-250ms when I end up in a dungeon on an oceanic server. I won't say it's unplayable, but compared to the 20ms I usually get, it's quite annoying. But the alternative is longer wait times for us, and MUCH longer wait times for oceanic people.

I'm pretty sure the groups are put on the server where the majority of people are. So if 3/5 are oceanic, they go into an oceanic instance server. Someone is always going to get the short end of the stick there, but there really isn't any way around it unless magical latency-free connections are made to Australia.

It is only longer wait times for NA if you play off hours. It would be no difference in queue times for the US if you play during the day/evening. It would be a problem for the oceanic realms though.
11/26/2016 06:19 AMPosted by Vincentiu
Your lag is only your problem, it is unnaffected by any other players lag.

Not entirely true.

Oceanic realms are hosted in Australia, Sydney as of Warlords of Draenor, of course if you're playing from anywhere but Australia, there'll be a bit of lag.

11/26/2016 06:49 AMPosted by Vralok

Not quite.

The instance / party leader determines which realm (and thus server) you'll be dragged onto.
If the lead is from Oceanic realms, Oce servers.
Lead is from the US realms, US server.
So on and so forth, you get the point.