Why Do You Play WoW?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
I play for fun, I'm having a lot of fun... Here I am.

That and I keep hoping I'll eventually get to kill Nomi...
11/19/2016 06:11 PMPosted by Teach
Stubbornness.
Wow pvp used to be fun,
and trying to hang on until its fun again.

This guy gets it.
'I GUESS THERE'S ALWAYS SOMETHING KILLING ME, SO IT MIGHT AS WELL BE YOU' - AESTHETIC PERFECTION
I play to grind alts and artifacts.

11/19/2016 06:39 PMPosted by Finmaril
Because nobody plays EQ2 & I'm sick of soloing in empty level-cap zones.

I used to play EQ2 alongside WoW (And EQ1), but grinding alts and artifacts has me occupied.
A bit for the story, A bit for the exploration, and a bit of a distraction from the real world when I have a bad day.
11/19/2016 06:11 PMPosted by Teach
Stubbornness.
Wow pvp used to be fun,
and trying to hang on until its fun again.

There are many of us, my friend. My grip is getting weaker.
11/19/2016 06:05 PMPosted by Charitygrace
What's the main reason you play WoW? Story, PvP, professions, exploration, community, just invested after so long...or a little of everything?

Crippling depression, horrible working hours, and no significant other nor drive to deal with the women in my area who only want to smoke pot and drink....

Oh you mean something else. Mostly for the enjoyment that it does give me. The challenges I make for myself and the overall experience. I do like the story for the most part, but the classes and their design, as well as the world around it. Plus tell friends whom I have met over the past 12 years that keep me going :)
11/19/2016 07:46 PMPosted by Erixi
no significant other nor drive to deal with the women in my area who only want to smoke pot and drink....

Sounds like you live near me......
Because I tried this new game called Outside and the grind made me want to cry.
1. Friends and Guild
2. PvP and PvE
3. Gameplay
4. Lore
What's the main reason you play WoW? Story, PvP, professions, exploration, community, just invested after so long...or a little of everything?

I love the story.

also my head makes characters without my permission, and WoW is a convenient place to store them.
11/20/2016 04:14 PMPosted by Phlynch
my head makes characters without my permission,

I've been down this road once or twice myself.
To escape reality.

Sucks getting builied IRL at school and what not. World of Warcraft has been a good depression suppressant for me since 3rd grade.

Today I am in 2nd year of college and still suffering from depression, anxiety, and PTSD. Wow is still there when I need it.
Break from reality that is affordable. Books are my other one but free books aren't as great as all that. I inhale books so it's a very expensive hobby just so my brain can shut down for a little while.

I like other games too, but wow is the easiest to "hang up" and come back to as needed.

Crippling depression, horrible working hours, and no significant other nor drive to deal with the women in my area who only want to smoke pot and drink....

Oh you mean something else. Mostly for the enjoyment that it does give me. The challenges I make for myself and the overall experience. I do like the story for the most part, but the classes and their design, as well as the world around it. Plus tell friends whom I have met over the past 12 years that keep me going :)

Are you me? You sound like me... which of the voices are you and how did you get out of my head??????
Nobody plays the other MMOs I enjoy anymore.
It's awful in the fewest areas in comparison to other MMOs.

I love the MMO genre, but even though there are so many out there they are all pretty terrible for either one major reason or a bunch of small reasons. WoW has the fewest reasons.

Currently just farming gold for tokens to spend on Bnet balance for Hearthstone packs.
deal with the women in my area who only want to smoke pot and drink

Wait, what's wrong with this? I am a woman who likes to smoke pot and drink while I play WoW. But also pot is legal where I live.
I play because I enjoy the game. Every so often I take a break and play another game. SWTOR, GW2 TESO are the ones I have.

I think there is a lot of things that need to be different in Legion, some agree some don't. But I am having fun at least.

When things start to feel repetitive then it is time for a break. This expansion I think I will have plenty to do though.
WoW is terribly boring and repetitive.

It's like a !@#$ty job you keep going to to pay for your %^-*ty car.

One day you wake up and realize they are just weighing you down - WoW is just another extra thing that one day you will look at and be disgusted by.

Even Chris Metzen is grossed out by it, and he like invented it.