Unleashed Monstrosities appearance broke

Bug Report
Unfortunately, we don't know 100% that Balance of Power will be completed with the Nighthold. It is entirely possible that it will continue through to the Tomb of Sargeras. I agree the appearance for completing Balance of Power should not be the original appearance since the other 3 appearances on that tier can be completed prior to completing Balance of Power.
11/22/2016 09:21 AMPosted by Daimor
I was able to locate some additional information regarding artifact appearances:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_NSKG5zP1E&feature=youtu.be&t=1452

"For any of the color unlocks on artifacts you always have to obtain that new model first. Like the upgraded model, or the PvP model or whatnot before you can obtain the extra colors for it. So even if you've done that achievement it won't be a shortcut to obtaining that new model."

--Lead Quest Designer Craig Amai

Due to this, I doubt a ticket will help.

Horrible design. Horrible, horrible, design. Especially considering you need the Nighthold for Balance of Power and that's not going to be available until mid-to-late January 2017...
bump!
http://i.imgur.com/FcXzShg.jpg

RIP :(
Horrible design if thats the case, they need to fix that.
Horrible design indeed, this need to be hot fixed fast!
Same here. Got the achievement, skin still locked.
Commented on another post but pasting here:

Apparently it's not a bug or it kind of is idk. They're aware though it seems. You need to finish the balance of power questline because the UM achieve only unlocks the tint not the actual appearance.

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/status/801138995824447490
11/22/2016 08:41 AMPosted by Daimor
I was excited to log on this morning and kill the last boss needed for the Unleashed Monstrosities achievement. Once I earned the achievement, I immediately went back to my Class Hall and...the appearance wasn't unlocked. It appears this appearance is gated behind the Balance of Power quest line where you unlock the original appearance for that tier. Naturally, this didn't make sense to me because the Artifact Appearance page says only to complete the Unleashed Monstrosities achievement, not both it and the Balance of Power questline. After further research, I can only conclude that completing Balance of Power is actually a requirement. I hope I am wrong.

Sadly, you aren't wrong. It's hard to believe but the idiocy is real on this one.
Posting because this needs more attention.

Suggestion: make the Balance or Power skin the last one in the row so we can unlock the other three.
Double gates suck. Especially when there isn't enough in-game information to make it clear that this is the case. Most people expected to have this skin model by now.

The lack of response is somewhat concerning. It's for this kind of treatment that I unsubed for a year.
11/23/2016 09:00 PMPosted by Sago
Posting because this needs more attention.

Suggestion: make the Balance or Power skin the last one in the row so we can unlock the other three.

the problem with that is that it makes sense, so they wont do that
I'm gonna try submitting a ticket in game.

Even if they don't change it, I would like to see a response.
I think to unlock the appearance you need to complete de achievement ( kill the 11 bosses) not to get it killing only 8.
11/24/2016 03:36 PMPosted by Serpentina
I think to unlock the appearance you need to complete de achievement ( kill the 11 bosses) not to get it killing only 8.

Nope. You have to complete the initial Balance of Power quest chain that unlocks the main skin. That's not possible until at least the release of Nighthold in January at the earliest. That has been confirmed by Blizzard.
Got a reply from Blizzard CS.

Thank you for contacting us regarding the appearance from the achievement, Unleashed Monstrosities. Please note it is intended that this appearance will be locked until the Balance of Power quest chain is completed and the base appearance is unlocked first.

Thanks again for your contact and we hope you continue to enjoy Legion!​​​​​

Looks like we have to wait until Jan 2017 at least to get this skin. /sigh
My question is, have the people that have completed M+ 15 unlocked the skin for that, or is that also gated behind Balance of Power?
Same issue. Unleashed Monstrosities Unleashed Monstrous Disappointment.

Still no legendary either... /sigh

Rapidly losing interest in this 'skinner box'
The same issue hope blizzard fix it very soon