dude, more bagspace please

General Discussion
mog is wonderful, I have more bagspace

flexible stats is wonderful, I have more bagspace

but

I have to keep different bits of gear like crazy now

secondary stats for the different spec are REALLY IMPORTANT now

I have to keep 2-4 bits for each slot

my bagspace is being eaten up all over again!

help!
afaik they hit an engine limit at 30 slots which is why the new bags from this xpac don't give more.

It'd probably take more work than it's worth to change that.
11/25/2016 05:38 PMPosted by Vanduul
afaik they hit an engine limit at 30 slots which is why the new bags from this xpac don't give more.

I don't remember them ever mentioning this, only the (now outdated) "The base 16 slot backpack is hardcoded to your character and would mess everything up" reasoning.

I'm impressed you're using that many slots though, I'm having a hard time finding things to fill up my Hexweaves with.
I think some basic quality of life changes could eliminate the need for more bag space, but either option is fine with me.

Make Legion maps a buff once purchased or at least a tome of maps that takes 1 slot. Why are 5 bag slots required to carry all of your maps with you?

Make food stack to 200 rather than 20. I have 2 stacks of DPS food and 2 stacks of Tank food at any given time to make sure I have it for any situation. If you're leveling cooking, you can fill your bags in short order.

Perhaps an off spec gear set that doesn't require bag space. You outfit a "dummy" with your off spec gear and it just swaps out what you're wearing when you select a different spec. This gear "disappears" and lets you swap any new gear into the set at will.

Make hearthstones into spells. We have 3 hearthstones right now.

With some of these changes, I could probably free up a full hexweave bag and some of the changes, such as the food and maps, would be relatively easy to change. The off spec gear dummy idea would probably require more work, but they would probably negate the need for larger bags at all.

There's been a 36 slot bag in the game since BC, it's just not available to players. Plus profession bags have existed and fairly certain there has been larger than 30 slot bags for those aswell.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=23162/forors-crate-of-endless-resist-gear-storage

Plus there's videos of people playing on illegal servers that shows that the client can handle bags larger than 30 (But from everything I've found... seems there isn't anything bigger than 36).
Garrison... err class hall items from followers take up a bunch of slots, then of course additional gear for different offstats, random food for BGs and PvE(Why are they seperate, really.) random BG rewards like rare potions that reduce damage taken by 20% for 12 seconds. Profession crap that gets rewarded from like everything, and world events.. I have 16 total slots free after taking all of that crap into my bags.

If that were it then the new Silkweave Bag would be another 30 slot rather than a 3 expansion down grade 24 slot bag... WotLK 22 slot, Cata 26 slot, MoP 28 slot, WoD 30 slot, Legion 24 slot... the only explination for this is that we were supposed to get Legion after WotLK but plans changed and when it came time to add everything they had already created a resource for Silkweave Bag as a 24 slot bag and someone forgot to actually bother to check that it was an upgrade and now rather than admit to a mistake they are insisting that it was intended for whatever reason. *continues to farm Hexweave on her Warlock for 30 slot bags*
I really don't want to see what op house looks like

Hexweave bag... 32 slots.
11/25/2016 06:11 PMPosted by Vierdreal
I think some basic quality of life changes could eliminate the need for more bag space, but either option is fine with me.

Make Legion maps a buff once purchased or at least a tome of maps that takes 1 slot. Why are 5 bag slots required to carry all of your maps with you?

Make food stack to 200 rather than 20. I have 2 stacks of DPS food and 2 stacks of Tank food at any given time to make sure I have it for any situation. If you're leveling cooking, you can fill your bags in short order.

Perhaps an off spec gear set that doesn't require bag space. You outfit a "dummy" with your off spec gear and it just swaps out what you're wearing when you select a different spec. This gear "disappears" and lets you swap any new gear into the set at will.

Make hearthstones into spells. We have 3 hearthstones right now.

With some of these changes, I could probably free up a full hexweave bag and some of the changes, such as the food and maps, would be relatively easy to change. The off spec gear dummy idea would probably require more work, but they would probably negate the need for larger bags at all.

yes

some housecleaning would really help

11/25/2016 06:31 PMPosted by Alinn
I really don't want to see what op house looks like

clean as a whistle, except for a few junk-drawers

and another thing I should mention - if you pvp, it's like adding a whole extra spec, with additional requirements eating up more bagspace

I don't really have this problem on an alt that isn't played much

but the moment I start investing in a char, the gear explodes ... mostly because of secondary stats
and raid, that creates an additional loot layer for some slots as well