Timewalking LFR

General Discussion
With MoP being included in the TW event (and having read a few thoughts on the idea) I started thinking about TW LFR events. Im not just talking Cata, MoP LFR but LFR versions of all the old raids.

I think it would be cool to queue up and experience ICC or AQ40 with a raid group, if only once a week every few months. I know a system like this would require huge reworking of the older raids and likely will never happen but... a man can dream though, a man can dream.
It would be cool, but not through the LFR system. It would be better for the group finder tool.
I say this because I enjoy TW dungeons and while the MC 10 year event was unrewarding for the the effort (loot from each boss would have been nice) it was still really cool to go and experience it with a huge group of people. Even though it was nothing like what it would have been like back in the day.
Lfr version of AQ40 would bring forth a whole lot of butthurt.
11/20/2016 04:41 PMPosted by Hockeybalboa
With MoP being included in the TW event (and having read a few thoughts on the idea) I started thinking about TW LFR events. Im not just talking Cata, MoP LFR but LFR versions of all the old raids.

I think it would be cool to queue up and experience ICC or AQ40 with a raid group, if only once a week every few months. I know a system like this would require huge reworking of the older raids and likely will never happen but... a man can dream though, a man can dream.

They'd have to nerf the !@#$ out of that old content.
11/20/2016 04:42 PMPosted by Imouto
It would be cool, but not through the LFR system. It would be better for the group finder tool.

Why though? LFR works fine now and look at the community uproar over Mythic only dungeons. Blizzard is releasing Heroic versions of Arcway, CoS and Kara for those who dont want to use the group finder.

I like the Mythic 5 man content, I think its great but it has created a huge divide. Locking something like this behind the group finder would not be a good idea.

I do understand why you would think it would be better but it would just create a lot of heartache and at this point we dont need more heartache, we need more fun!
They cant even properly scale 5 man content timewalking dungeons, and you want them to do 40man ones? lol talk about a trainwreck just waiting to happen there....
11/20/2016 04:45 PMPosted by Battleangel
11/20/2016 04:41 PMPosted by Hockeybalboa

Which would make it different to current LFR how? It wouldnt be for top tier raiding, just an event for fun, run through the old stuff with other people instead of the solo loner run (which I would still do anyway).

Would you care if it was made easy just for a shot at some gear and TW badges?
11/20/2016 04:43 PMPosted by Revlol
Lfr version of AQ40 would bring forth a whole lot of butthurt.

Especially if you didnt bring any frost damage... ok that was a bad joke Im sorry.
Raids from back then aren't made, or weren't made to deal with what we have now. Not enough dispels being the tip of the iceberg.

Imagine doing old kara now. Do you think Moroes was made to handle 20 pets, an ox statue, and dk's being able to MC his pets? Of course not.

You'd either steamroll over the instance like a joke (Kara, Naxx 10), and wonder why anyone wasted their time, or it would be so hard that random pugs would never finish it (sunwell 25).

Your best bet if you want to experience a raid as it was is to just get a character to the appropriate level, and either solo it, or do it with a small group of people.
And yes you can solo them at level.

I level all of my alts by soloing at level dungeons, and raids, and it's a bunch of fun, and actually a challenge while leveling that makes you have to think, and plan, and learn your character.
11/20/2016 04:56 PMPosted by Ohyouronfire
Raids from back then aren't made, or weren't made to deal with what we have now. Not enough dispels being the tip of the iceberg.

Imagine doing old kara now. Do you think Moroes was made to handle 20 pets, an ox statue, and dk's being able to MC his pets? Of course not.

You'd either steamroll over the instance like a joke (Kara, Naxx 10), and wonder why anyone wasted their time, or it would be so hard that random pugs would never finish it (sunwell 25).

Your best bet if you want to experience a raid as it was is to just get a character to the appropriate level, and either solo it, or do it with a small group of people.

I level all of my alts by soloing at level dungeons, and raids, and it's a bunch of fun, and actually a challenge while leveling that makes you have to think, and plan, and learn your character.

MC seemed to work fairly well using the scaling tech.
11/20/2016 04:47 PMPosted by Hockeybalboa
11/20/2016 04:45 PMPosted by Battleangel

Which would make it different to current LFR how? It wouldnt be for top tier raiding, just an event for fun, run through the old stuff with other people instead of the solo loner run (which I would still do anyway).

Would you care if it was made easy just for a shot at some gear and TW badges?

At LFR difficulty, all you do is stand around for 10 minutes mindlessly mashing your rotation. That's not fun to me (especially as a healer). TW legacy raids would be cool, but if they were LFR I would rather go to my actual job than participate.
11/20/2016 05:05 PMPosted by Hockeybalboa
11/20/2016 04:56 PMPosted by Ohyouronfire

MC seemed to work fairly well using the scaling tech.

In the sense that it was a massive train wreck yes it worked really well.
Only if spine of deathwing is never ever ever included
Dude it would be amazing to see timewalk raiding (black temple/sunwell) .. scales our HP/stats to 70.. just to experience the place at level 70 would be really really fun....
11/20/2016 05:44 PMPosted by Merrymaker
Dude it would be amazing to see timewalk raiding (black temple/sunwell) .. scales our HP/stats to 70.. just to experience the place at level 70 would be really really fun....

It would be really easy though. At level 70, or 80, or what have you, you are able to solo those raids. If not all of them then a good portion of them.

If you added 9 more people it would be insanely easy, and barely more than a speed bump.