Christmas is Coming

Movies, TV and Entertainment
It's great that despite all the divisive issues going on, that we can all come together as humans every year to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. It might not be the exact date, but it's the thought and intention that counts.

It's a time for prayer, community, giving, sharing, kindness, compassion, and most importantly it's a time for spending that hard earned money on things we don't need.

What do you want for Christmas?

Merry Christmas Everyone
11/27/2016 03:10 PMPosted by Gnomobama
It's great that despite all the divisive issues going on, that we can all come together as humans every year to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. It might not be the exact date, but it's the thought and intention that counts.

It's a time for prayer, community, giving, sharing, kindness, compassion, and most importantly it's a time for spending that hard earned money on things we don't need.

Merry Christmas Everyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK0z1S8SwZc

Nothing more needs to be said.

Oh, and thanks for reminding me to get my Christmas music CD burned for my car. That way I can spread merry tunes to everyone at college.
Jesus never existed. It's like celebrating the birth of Batman.
we can all come together

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/577/252/60d.gif
I do not celebrate Jesus Christ or any other mythological creature.

Santa is as real to me as any demi god.

Please do not force your minority religion on any of us this year. If you want to celebrate your way feel free.

But for the record Jesus wasn't born on this date, nor does it really have anything to do with him. Your religion was jealous and wanted to destroy another celebration long ago and was successful . . sort of.

Real history is now accessible to all free men and women. Read up.
I like Jesus shaped popsicles. He is slowly crucified as he melts in my mouth.
11/27/2016 03:23 PMPosted by Suyen
Jesus never existed.

While believing in the miraculous acts depicted in the Bible is a matter of faith, there's plenty of evidence to suggest that Jesus did in fact exist as a person.
Happy Holidays everyone! For me, that phrase means both Christmas and New Years, but for anyone who celebrates a different Holiday I wish you just as much happiness!
Festivus for the rest of us.

Bring out the Festivus Pole and begin the airing of grievances !
(you're on my list activision-blizzard)
Although it is true that Jesus may have existed as a man, he is an amalgamation of many myths of different heros slapped together in one story to make a super man figure.

There was one guy who walked on water, and another hero fed his soldiers.

During the Crusades the Templar Knights murdered and eradicated anyone who knew the truth and wasn't paying taxes.

They threw all the stories together in one book. Then they killed anyone who knew differently and taught it to the next generation.

They learned from how the Romans adopted the Greek pantheon of gods. They did it the same way and the Kings at the time wanted the same outcome.

The answer is so simple that refuting it is well, very simple minded.

Kings throughout history have done awful things to control the population.

The fact that the control continues today with primitives is miraculous. In fact it is the only miracle within the entire story. Ironic huh?
I need to be careful in this thread. Its so edgy I might cut myself.

Merry Christmas Everyone

The same thing I've always wanted since the dawn of time, till the end of time, using every birthday, unbirthday, lamp with unlimited wishes:

Marry Kimberly Kardashian
11/27/2016 04:24 PMPosted by Fusoya

Merry Christmas Everyone

The same thing I've always wanted since the dawn of time, till the end of time, using every birthday, unbirthday, lamp with unlimited wishes:

Marry Kimberly Kardashian

eww, You gave me the heebiest of jeebies
Exterminatus. Because the safety & integrity of the universe demands this world be scoured.

& a bag of M&Ms, too. Because watching Exterminatus is much more amusing with M&Ms.
I want a new computer chair. lol Mine sucks
Christmas is fun.
You can make it religious fun or you can make it secular fun.
Personally I try for maximum fun. I do it all.
I try to celebrate as many holidays as possible. MOAR HOLIDAY!

Eat, drink, and be merry. Sing. Buy stuff. Do nice stuff for yourself and for others. Dance. Laugh. Play games. Watch funny cat videos.

Be happy.
As an agnostic myself I love Christmas. I actually grew up in a dual Islamic/Christian household so it's really not hard for me to enjoy the celebrations of either. It really is a time for giving and I enjoy shopping for my friends and family as much as I do receiving gifts. I spent two hours looking at things for my nieces and my parents this year because I wanted to make sure they got something nice.

Sure, the date isn't accurate, but for most people like myself it isn't about the religion. It's about being with the people you care about and all that jazz.
most people are just celebrating materialism
I can actually point to material objects as "real" & having an impact in my life.

People can claim all they want that there's "something else" beyond the material world, but I'm utterly unconvinced of that, & until I am so convinced, celebrating "materialism" is, IMO, celebrating life & human existence.

But that's just me.
Oh, who cares what you believe. Let people enjoy things.