Christmas is Coming

Movies, TV and Entertainment
11/27/2016 03:45 PMPosted by Zulax
Although it is true that Jesus may have existed as a man, he is an amalgamation of many myths of different heros slapped together in one story to make a super man figure.

There was one guy who walked on water, and another hero fed his soldiers.

During the Crusades the Templar Knights murdered and eradicated anyone who knew the truth and wasn't paying taxes.

They threw all the stories together in one book. Then they killed anyone who knew differently and taught it to the next generation.

They learned from how the Romans adopted the Greek pantheon of gods. They did it the same way and the Kings at the time wanted the same outcome.

The answer is so simple that refuting it is well, very simple minded.

Kings throughout history have done awful things to control the population.

The fact that the control continues today with primitives is miraculous. In fact it is the only miracle within the entire story. Ironic huh?
Just enjoy the season man. Who cares what people believe, what I love about Christmas it's bout coming together and loving one another.
I love Christmas, I just can't stand anyone celebrating it.

Surely we can find a way to celebrate Christ without coating the planet is lights and sugar, and filling the air with the same four songs on repeat.
11/27/2016 03:33 PMPosted by Bearfu
11/27/2016 03:23 PMPosted by Suyen
Jesus never existed.

While believing in the miraculous acts depicted in the Bible is a matter of faith, there's plenty of evidence to suggest that Jesus did in fact exist as a person.

The evidence you speak of was written a few hundred years after he purported lived...and standardized by some crusty old clergy hundreds of years after that.

Just like you cannot believe everything on the internet. You cannot believe everything a religion calls cannon.
11/27/2016 05:03 PMPosted by Phlynch
I love Christmas, I just can't stand anyone celebrating it.

Surely we can find a way to celebrate Christ without coating the planet is lights and sugar, and filling the air with the same four songs on repeat.

Without the lights and sugar...why bother?
11/27/2016 04:58 PMPosted by Ughash
what I love about Christmas it's bout coming together and loving one another.

kinky
Although gifts are nice, I really don't want anything. I already have what I want: family, friends, food, house, car.

I know I will be playing Santa this year by buying a bunch of presents for my nieces and nephews. I am also going to buy a Little Tykes castle for them so they can play around in it.

For my younger nephews, I'll buy some large toy trucks. For my oldest nephew, probably a minecraft sword and a bunch of legos, maybe toss in a few hotwheels too. For my nieces, some princess dresses from disney and barbie dolls.

If there's anything I want, it is to see the faces of my nieces and nephews light up on Christmas.
I'm a Christian and believe in Jesus as the living God.

It is very easy to say now, "Nah they made all that up! Yeah, its like a bunch of different myths and stuff, sure!"

Why would you make up a story about someone who was a servant, who died for all of our sins?

If you were going to make something up, he'd be more of a "Hero." This is also why the Jews did not accept him as the messiah, they were expecting someone to come as their "King" that time, as opposed to a servant.

Just like you can't believe everything a religion might call canon, you also can't believe everything that naysayers have said throughout history as fact.

This one comes down to faith.
12/05/2016 11:09 AMPosted by Kybeorie

It is very easy to say now, "Nah they made all that up! Yeah, its like a bunch of different myths and stuff, sure!"

Why would you make up a story about someone who was a servant, who died for all of our sins?

If you were going to make something up, he'd be more of a "Hero." This is also why the Jews did not accept him as the messiah, they were expecting someone to come as their "King" that time, as opposed to a servant.

Just like you can't believe everything a religion might call canon, you also can't believe everything that naysayers have said throughout history as fact.

Although I consider myself an atheist (I guess I can identify as an allegorical Christian), I will never tell someone their beliefs are wrong. My wife is a Christian and I'm totally fine having the beautiful Nativity scene up for decoration every year. For her, it is to honor the birth of Jesus Christ and the day Mary and Joseph of Bethlehem set a manger before him. To me, Christmas is a time to remember what made us so happy in past Christmases and to create fond new memories of the joyous holiday. It is wonderful to have everyone together to celebrate.

Merry Christmas! :)
12/05/2016 11:44 AMPosted by Razorik
12/05/2016 11:09 AMPosted by Kybeorie

Although I consider myself an atheist (I guess I can identify as an allegorical Christian), I will never tell someone their beliefs are wrong. My wife is a Christian and I'm totally fine having the beautiful Nativity scene up for decoration every year. For her, it is to honor the birth of Jesus Christ and the day Mary and Joseph of Bethlehem set a manger before him. To me, Christmas is a time to remember what made us so happy in past Christmases and to create fond new memories of the joyous holiday. It is wonderful to have everyone together to celebrate.

Merry Christmas! :)

You're a good person like my brother. He's an atheist but he doesn't go around pissing on everyone's religion.

Merry Christmas!
Festive Winter Greetings from one of your local non-believers. I prefer non-believer over atheist because atheist means "without god" so non-believer is a more correct term for me.

Anyway, the corporation driven christmas season has always been a big turn off for me, even when I was a believer. It's all about spend spend spend, get yourself in debt which I refuse/d to do.

The giving tree (done by salvation army in our area) at the hubby's work had a request by a 10 year old girl for a sewing machine. Touched my heart as I decided not much older than that (17) that I wanted to quilt. That was almost 40 years ago now and I am still quilting regularly.

So I watched the sales and was able to get a nice Brother sewing machine at Walmart on Black Friday for $50. I was able to buy it on-line and pick it up at the local store -- got lucky with parking and was in/out in 15 minutes or less! Then I went to the local Joann and bought some fat quarters (a yard of fabric cut into four rectangles, so roughly 18x22"), threw in some christmas fabric squares that were given to me a couple of years ago, four spools of thread (grey-blue, beige, white & black), an extra package of machine needles, and something else that I'm not remembering. I put a note on the box of fabric (everything must be unwrapped so the SA can make sure people aren't doing mean things) that being given a sewing machine without fabric is like getting a race car without batteries and suggested that other people could contribute things like scissors, pins, seam ripper, packaged elastic, etc.

The $75 I spent was a lot for us, but since it is basically the sum total of our christmas shopping other than bringing something to my aunt's house for dinner, it was doable.

And here's my wish to all:

Blues Traveler - Christmas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBGiQBLLuiE

Now excuse me if I'm not being reverent
But I was hoping for a miracle to hold me, wash me
Save me from my righteous doubt as I watch helpless
And everybody sings
If it's Hanukah or Kwanzaa
Solstice, harvest or December twenty-fifth
Peace on earth to everyone
And abundance to everyone you're with
Laha da da da da da
Da da da da da da da da da da da
La da da da da da da da
11/27/2016 03:29 PMPosted by Zulax
Real history is now accessible to all free men and women. Read up.

If you knew history as you claim you'd know that Jesus did in fact exist.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

G.I.JOOOOE!