Windwalker changes, absence of communication

7.1.5 PTR General Discussion
Prev 1 28 29 30 34 Next
Just started playing a monk this week. I like the playstyle. It's fluid so far, but after reading about its short comings I'm thinking I should abandon ship. With how the player base centers everything around how much damage you contribute to a group why gimp myself.

From what I can see there is almost a 100k difference between monk and Arms warrior this patch. SMH.

Why alienate a class like that? Tuning numbers can't be that hard.
01/05/2017 03:21 PMPosted by Testcharonet
01/05/2017 06:58 AMPosted by Ivankamtrump
Blizzard has 3 more work days to live up to their word. Here is to hoping for a miracle with SEF.

"We're trying to get SEF at least partially fixed for 7.1.5, and if not possible we'll tune the spell around the bugs so it's not a DPS loss" -Ion 2016

Current state: Not fixed and not tuned around the bugs so it is 'not a dps loss'.

Don't worry.. they think 8% bump with 3% ST dps from RSK/BOK/TP will compensate for 5% crit nerf, horrible scaling (890, they are worst scaling dps spec), horrible 4pc set bonus from NH, serenity nerf.

QFE FeelsBadMan
2 days left before Blizzard poops all over their own words and then pisses on SEF for another tier
I'm just not sure how much we even want sef to be a thing in the next tier. 100% personal damage with 25% pet damage or whatever would go a long way towards making SEF less frustrating, but it wouldn't resolve the bugs. Teleporting SEF spirits would go a little further towards fixing the ability, but at that point why bother at all? Just make SEF a cosmetic (and SCK stacking) ability and put the damage on the player. Problem solved.
I've been watching the forums and other websites in hope to see a revert to the serenity "fix" since the day it was discovered on the PTR. Sadly I've given up hope for that. I just don't quite see eye to eye or something with the changes. Instead of buffing up or completely reworking chi orbit/SeF they just knock down serenity a notch and are basically just saying deal with it. Where is the balancing promised on the live stream? Picking a talent that is supposed to be one of our strongest rows or tiers shouldn't feel punishing in the first place. I'd rather not even get into the discussion of legendaries and tier sets because that's a whole different battle. I'm sorry for ranting I just love my monk and it's a shame that I can already feel myself having to play an alt for raids because being able to maximize serenity most of the time is the only reason I am able to stay somewhat relevant in my raid group.
Look at the Monk tier gear as well..... Jesus. How did that garbage even get approved by someone? I know people put their time and effort into creating this kind of thing, but crap is crap and everybody can't be an artist.

The gear looks like an exact match of previous monk garbage. Every piece with a flat brown (that literally looks like crap) base and slight alterations to color. I can go through every other class and find at least 1 color/set of T19 that looks amazing.....

Look how awesome something like this looks
http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/497394-druid-tier-19-normal.jpg

And look how unimaginative and stale this looks:
http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/494616-tier-19-monk-normal.jpg

It legit looks like someone created some shoulders and a belt........... and then ran out of time/money and copy/pasted green items from WoD.

All that being said........ once again it is shown that Monks scale similar to how their new tier looks. Something obviously needs to change and yet all you people do is "balancing" by giving + or - 4% damage on all abilities.

Monks are strong as content starts........... then a month later they are nerfed 4 times by 4% damage each...... and they remain complete garbage for the next 12 months until the next expansion where the cycle continues.
All I can really say at this point about my monk is that I feel like I wasted a lot of time on it when I could of played a class that can actually preform.
01/06/2017 01:20 AMPosted by Wro
All I can really say at this point about my monk is that I feel like I wasted a lot of time on it when I could of played a class that can actually preform.

I feel you man. I saw the writing on the wall with my monk early on(I started Legion as one).

Unfortunately I switched to hunter...

I just can't win. -_-

I keep checking this thread hoping for good news regarding sef bugs, dps tuning, etc.. as I would rather play my monk in 7.1.5 at this point than the mechanically flawed mess that is hunter.

It sure is good to see that extending the cap on this thread has yielded so much new communication from Blizz... smh
Still waiting for that dev feedback in the new year ...
Watching this video makes me a bit upset. I'm new to this game so I haven't seen much interaction with the devs, but when a dev says 'SEF is to be fixed or buffed so it is not a dps loss compared to serenity by 7.1.5', I take them at their word.

http://www.walkingthewind.com/2016/12/07/blizz-qa-what-matters-to-ww/

Is this typical where a big thread starts, a dev makes a post to calm things down and then absolutely nothing happens as Blizzard hopes that time and delay will cure all?

2 work days left!
7.1.5 in 4 days confirmed

so... gotta pick between SEF, still not dps adjusted/broken or serenity that goes out of sync

how does it feel to be lied to by blizz boys?
Just got Drinking Horn Cover as my 3rd legendary. FeelsBadMan, at least its better than March of the Legion. I get to replace that piece of garbage legendary at least. I'm done playing Monk until they fix the SEF bugs. Good bye friends, I won't forget you guys like the devs. Maybe one day when we aren't trash tier I will see you again.
Hey Windwalkers!

We previously responded to feedback about Serenity feeling mandatory due to bugs with Storm, Earth, and Fire, and we said that we were working on those bugs. Here’s an update on how we’re doing with that.

The following fixes for Storm, Earth, and Fire are coming in Patch 7.1.5:

• Clones' Fists of Fury now channels faster with Haste, plus an additional 25% faster, to further eliminate any chance of it being clipped due to tight timing.
  • Clones now travel much faster between targets.
  • Clones will no longer target Immune enemies, or crowd-controlled enemies, or enemies you aren’t in combat with.
  • Clones now choose a target within 15 yards of themselves (was 30 yards), to make them more responsive and give you tighter control of them. You may still manually re-target them, or summon them in a location closer to your intended target.
  • Clones will now only re-target when you use an ability that applies Mark of the Crane, and their current target already has Mark of the Crane.
  • If a clone is not in range of their target when an ability is used, they will leap to the target and then use the ability (instead of not using the ability).
  • Clones now inherit your stacks of Transfer the Power when they are summoned. They now generate and benefit from these stacks.
  • Clones now inherit your stacks of Hit Combo when they are summoned (and continue to generate and benefit from it).
  • They now have 100% of your health (was 50%), and they now inherit your Dodge chance.
  • Storm, Earth, and Fire no longer reduces the damage/healing of spells and abilities that the clones do not mirror (such as trinket procs).

We’re committed to making this a fun and functional ability. Please let us know if you find any further bugs with it.

Thank you very much!
Can I hug you to no end!!!!
Nice changes, maybe I'll unshelf my monk after all!

Though I still hope brewmasters get some more QOL fixes, as I tend to prefer playing a tank in PVE.
01/06/2017 12:56 PMPosted by Ornyx
Hey Windwalkers!

We previously responded to feedback about Serenity feeling mandatory due to bugs with Storm, Earth, and Fire, and we said that we were working on those bugs. Here’s an update on how we’re doing with that.

• Clones' Fists of Fury now channels faster with Haste, plus an additional 25% faster, to further eliminate any chance of it being clipped due to tight timing.
  • Clones will no longer target Immune enemies, or crowd-controlled enemies, or enemies you aren’t in combat with.
  • Clones now choose a target within 15 yards of themselves (was 30 yards), to make them more responsive and give you tighter control of them. You may still manually re-target them, or summon them in a location closer to your intended target.
  • Clones will now only re-target when you use an ability that applies Mark of the Crane, and their current target already has Mark of the Crane.
  • If a clone is not in range of their target when an ability is used, they will leap to the target and then use the ability (instead of not using the ability).
  • Clones now inherit your stacks of Transfer the Power when they are summoned. They now generate and benefit from these stacks.
  • Clones now inherit your stacks of Hit Combo when they are summoned (and continue to generate and benefit from it).
  • They now have 100% of your health (was 50%), and they now inherit your Dodge chance.
  • Storm, Earth, and Fire no longer reduces the damage/healing of spells and abilities that the clones do not mirror (such as trinket procs).

We’re committed to making this a fun and functional ability. Please let us know if you find any further bugs with it.

Thank you very much!

Wow, I was not expecting this at all but with all these SeF buffs is serenity going to be kept same as live so that it can at least stay competitive or what?
A preliminary TY to Blizzard. The full ty comes when we see on live that everything is finally working :D
Yay they fixed it! A huge buff woot! :D
01/06/2017 12:56 PMPosted by Ornyx
Hey Windwalkers!

Thank you very much!

Thank you very much for this information. I hated having to look at the three talent choices and feeling forced to choose serenity because of the bugs in SEF. I'm so looking forward to playing my monk in 7.1.5. Thank you!