You're STILL removing abilities?

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
At this point its hard to blame the tinfoil hat brigade for suggesting all the pruning is to get the game ready for console, i doubt it would ever happen but its strange to think that they're just willy nilly pruning us down to the bone without any type of agenda.
11/23/2016 01:21 AMPosted by Jaellen
Did a new player really say: "Look at all these abilities, I am so scared. I can't possibly do this."?

I'm sure more than one of them picked all the passive talents they could find.
For people wondering what happened to the original post, it was in regards to this blue post on mmo champion.

While Protection’s performance is still solid, we want to provide Revenge a clearer role in the live rotation, and eliminate the need for an off-GCD ability (Focused Rage) to deal damage. To address both of these problems, Revenge is made into a higher-damage ability, which is used rotationally with its usual activation proc, but can also be used outside of that proc by spending Rage. This eliminates the need for Focused Rage. Thunder Clap will fill the role of a second Rage generator, and be used regularly while tanking. Also of note is a new talent that allows you to adopt a more open playstyle if you prefer, by making your auto attacks trigger Devastates automatically, rather than fitting it into open spaces in your rotation.

This is one of the most ridiculous decisions made yet. Focused rage was an interesting mechanic, and now they're taking that out along with devastate now, too? This has got to be a joke, right?

I get that having a stackable buff like focused rage that uses a warrior's primary resource being linked to one that generates it is counter intuitive. But wouldn't a simpler solution be to give rage building to shield bash and thunder clap and have focused rage work on the primary target of revenge?

As for the devastate auto attack, I just don't have a clue what they're thinking there. I don't even know what to say.
11/23/2016 01:37 AMPosted by Virus
At this point its hard to blame the tinfoil hat brigade for suggesting all the pruning is to get the game ready for console, i doubt it would ever happen but its strange to think that they're just willy nilly pruning us down to the bone without any type of agenda.

I used to think the "deliberately trying to destroy the game" guys were nutty too. They're seeming a little less nutty after Legion so far.
It's almost like they want every class to suffer as much as demon hunters, but forgot that Warlocks have been suffering for a long time.

Fel Flame was a neat interesting spell to cast on the go. Better axe it. Demo was a fun spec. Better give it the good old 25% cut across the board because they don't want you to play it.

Warlocks could run, and cast the filler incinerate. Better get rid of that because it was actually fun to play, and make them immobile turrets, but it's ok because at least they're tanky casters...except...

We're not tanky casters anymore.

Hooray for being a warlock. I guess. I can hardly wait for the patch notes to be final to see in what area I've been nerfed...I mean adjusted for blizzard fun this time.
I...honestly could do without Focused Rage; in it's current state at least. Maybe if it functioned in a different way I'd like it more. Or heck, if we got Heroic Strike back on Prot Warrs, that'd be nice too. But removing Devastate? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat...?

Please, Blizzard. No. Stop it. No more taking things away, for the love of the Light...
The pruning will continue until you only have enough buttons that you can map to a console controller or play easily on a tablet. The console market is huge. If they can pare WoW down to be able to get in on that market, you think they're not going to do it?
Wow is getting ready for console release. Imo, we are the true beta testers. They just won't announce it.
When will they stop pruning?
11/23/2016 03:34 AMPosted by Cerebrias
Wow is getting ready for console release. Imo, we are the true beta testers. They just won't announce it.
FFXIV has more abilities than WoW at this point, and it's playable with a controller just fine.
At this point most classes i play only need mabe 2 hotkey rows. Hate to say it but getting bored w every class mighty quickly. Guessing wow devs want a game like gw2 or neverwinter... Only what 8 to ten abilities max to play... So boring.
11/23/2016 01:37 AMPosted by Virus

This is EXACTLY what Activision/Blizzard have in store for WoW. They want in on the huge console market, which is a lot more potential sales and subs. These changes are being made for this purpose. They don't care if they anger the fickle PC master race gamers. We're not their cash cow anymore.
11/23/2016 01:37 AMPosted by Phurr
I'm sure more than one of them picked all the passive talents they could find.

And that's ok, new players should have the option for a slightly more simplified playstyle. But at this point they're removing choice from the game.
I love how they say prot is in a solid place warriors in general have been in the worst place EVER in Wows history im pretty sure that every classes for tanking is better then warriors ever sense the 33% nerf its been downhill dont get me wrong IP was Op as fu(k but it didnt need a 33% nerf compared to prot pallies in pvp who can stand on a flag and 5 people cant kill him
I was one of the people who was part of the "tin foil hat brigade" back in Cata/MoP I posted all the time about how they were BS'ing about things like "illusion of choice" and "unnecessary bloat" to disguise the fact that they were removing stuff from the game and adding less back as a result.

But no, I don't believe it's to help them move to console. I 100% believe the reason behind ALL the pruning/removing is so the game is easier for them to balance. Plain and simple.
11/23/2016 03:50 AMPosted by Saelara
But no, I don't believe it's to help them move to console. I 100% believe the reason behind ALL the pruning/removing is so the game is easier for them to balance. Plain and simple.

Then they're failing miserably on two fronts, because the word "balance" shouldn't be associated with the state of this game's classes.
Still too many buttons to fit on a PS/XB controller?
11/23/2016 03:36 AMPosted by Kyveli
11/23/2016 03:34 AMPosted by Cerebrias
FFXIV has more abilities than WoW at this point, and it's playable with a controller just fine.

This. I play and heal in FFXIV with a controller and I have more abilities than some classes in WoW.
11/23/2016 01:21 AMPosted by Jaellen
Why are you so !@#$%^- aggressive with pruning, Blizzard? Why are you obsessed with pruning? What exactly are you trying to achieve with this?

They ran out of ideas to create new abilities, so they are taking away 90% of all we had to in the next few expansions give back to us and we feel that the game is "evolving".