Having Trouble Getting A 'BiS' Legend?

General Discussion
So am I. Across 2 toons i have 5 legends, not 1 is 'BiS' nor does the equip improve my raid DPS. Early Legion I completely dropped my paladin for my lock in hopes of progressing through mythic tier content as DPS. Little did I know that weeks down the road if my group was no longer going to be raiding then not having one of my specs' 'BiS' will surely hold me back from joining any high end guild.

Now, at 881 ilvl still with 3 legends on my destro none of which are 'BiS' and increase my raid damage due to the equip I am being denied into top guilds simply because i have no 'BiS' legend and am not even lucky enough to have any 880+ or even 870+ trinks and I have 8 decent trinks to choose from all of which are 855 or lower only one is 865 (some I won't ever use but some I do swap in and out but not the point). Oh you say farm that dung over and over in hopes of a titanforge? yeah !@#$ing right.

So here I am having to find a mid grade guild that is still struggling to progress passed 2/7-4/7M EN just so I can enjoy my content, but really, am i enjoying the content with dozens and dozens of wipes while there are guilds over here with every single player having a 'BiS' legend thus all able to parse 90%+ and even 95%+for their class/spec for their ilvl. That definitely is not fun, it's not even fair.

How balanced is it that you have 8 legendaries to acquire but only anywhere from 1-3 of them even being any kind of upgrade over the same slot piece. I have 860 pieces i use over my legends simply because the equip on the legend is such trash and the stat priority from my 860s are better.

Now so far into my AK it would be unrealistic to reroll the same class/spec in hopes of rolling one of those BiS legends under that sorry 'bad luck' chance only to have wasted all your time when you reroll and what do you know you have another Secret to tell. FFS Blizz fix your unbalanced 'forgeing' system as well as the bull%^-* legend system.
Oh, and the 2 legends on my pally, again, do nothing for my raid healing/utilization. By now, everyone and their mom (of course except only the top players/guilds who had the time to roll 5 of the same class/spec at the beginning of expac and resources/networking to farm their 'BiS' over and over and over again with essentially endless keys from their networking) has a SECRET to tell.
Geez man. Paragraphs. No one is going to read that giant wall of un-formatted text.
fixed
Unlucky bro. !@#$ happens though, gotta live with RNG when you play any game.
i found 1 bit of information that actually trolled me

change your loot spec to demo and you might get more legendaries for your class
So I'm curious what the 3rd legendary you got it. I got the bracers from a random bg, and they're not the best of the best, but they are a DPS increase even if it's down to RNG on the proc on them.
The demonology warlock ring will make my bracers BiS. The legendary pants pisses me off so much. Also, I feel your pain on stats. For demo, haste > everything. It's ridiculous. I'm stuck at 871 and my max is 883. The worst part? I OUTDPS so many people on their mid 880s because my 840 ring is an equivalent to an 900 ring and the suramar 2 piece set also is a big dps increase.
You think you'd go from a 2/7M to a top guild if you had your BiS Legendary items? Not a chance. That isn't what would determine that.
Legendaries are not mandatory to do the content you want to do
11/28/2016 01:40 AMPosted by Verbatim
You think you'd go from a 2/7M to a top guild if you had your BiS Legendary items? Not a chance. That isn't what would determine that.

Being 2/7M doesn't necessarily mean you suck or are not good enough for a "top" guild. I mean, there are so many other factors to this. For example, half of your group could just be "bad" in general so you can't do the other bosses. Also, I've checked "top" guild recruitment pages and most of them actually require logs to see if you have consistent high performance to each and every raid as well as your flexibility to play different specs.
11/28/2016 01:51 AMPosted by Trialforlife
11/28/2016 01:40 AMPosted by Verbatim

Being 2/7M doesn't necessarily mean you suck or are not good enough for a "top" guild. I mean, there are so many other factors to this. For example, half of your group could just be "bad" in general so you can't do the other bosses. Also, I've checked "top" guild recruitment pages and most of them actually require logs to see if you have consistent high performance to each and every raid as well as your flexibility to play different specs.

I don't mean that a 2/7 guild is bad or that people in that guild couldn't be recruited into a top guild. I mean that the difference in what legendary items you have is not what is going to determine being in a 2/7M or a 7/7M + 3/3M guild. You are correct.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I don't mean that a 2/7 guild is bad or that people in that guild couldn't be recruited into a top guild. I mean that the difference in what legendary items you have is not what is going to determine being in a 2/7M or a 7/7M + 3/3M guild. You are correct.

Verbatim this is what has been said to me while trying to get a trial about having BiS legends and trinks 880+ - 'Realistically, those are the kind of players we are looking for.'

But, I do understand that you can have all the BiS available but if you have no parses to show then it is unlikely you will be considered for trial.

But, my point is, this far into content even with superb parses for your gear, your parse still may only be mediocre in comparison to it's ilvl. So, having or not having the BiS legend can have great impact on your parse.

So, in the end, 2 identical players with entirely same gear except for the one legend which is the legend with a BiS equip use will not and should not have the same parse.

(and i'm talking identical gear to the T except for just a few ilvl difference to make up for the same tier of parse (parses for ilvl 876-879 etc), same ilvl gear same exact pieces of gear except for the one piece whatever slot it may be but that slot for both players is still identical stats, the only difference is the player with the legend has the equip ability and the other doesnt. so all primary stats int/agil/str and also secondary stats crit/haste/mast/vers stats are the exact same, everything is exactly the same (with exception of a few ilvl to balance the charted ilvl parse of course), except that one unique ability, the equip ability from the BiS legend thus granting that player a better parse, plain and simple)
Still part if the 0 legendary club here.
Well your bad luck chance is super bad luck because you have less chance at that BiS
Its just a legendary.
Lets be honest its not that big of a deal.
Meanwhile I'm sitting here waiting for my leg ring so I can REALLY shine and hit those BDDPS bursts
I'm confused by your posts. On the one hand you claim to be getting shut out because no BiS legendary, while also claiming you have no relevant parses.

If you have the parses, aren't legendaries a non-issue? And if you don't have the parses, shouldn't you be rolling with whatever crew you can get in to show your numbers?

And, further, if you can't pull the appropriate numbers, is it reasonable to assert that you're ready for higher-end mythic raiding?

Seems to me this all comes down to a simple question that has very little to do with the legendary issue: is your performance as good as you think it is?
11/28/2016 02:36 AMPosted by Skritty

Verbatim this is what has been said to me while trying to get a trial about having BiS legends and trinks 880+ - 'Realistically, those are the kind of players we are looking for.'

But, I do understand that you can have all the BiS available but if you have no parses to show then it is unlikely you will be considered for trial.

But, my point is, this far into content even with superb parses for your gear, your parse still may only be mediocre in comparison to it's ilvl. So, having or not having the BiS legend can have great impact on your parse.

So, in the end, 2 identical players with entirely same gear except for the one legend which is the legend with a BiS equip use will not and should not have the same parse.

(and i'm talking identical gear to the T except for just a few ilvl difference to make up for the same tier of parse (parses for ilvl 876-879 etc), same ilvl gear same exact pieces of gear except for the one piece whatever slot it may be but that slot for both players is still identical stats, the only difference is the player with the legend has the equip ability and the other doesnt. so all primary stats int/agil/str and also secondary stats crit/haste/mast/vers stats are the exact same, everything is exactly the same (with exception of a few ilvl to balance the charted ilvl parse of course), except that one unique ability, the equip ability from the BiS legend thus granting that player a better parse, plain and simple)

Until 2 weeks ago it was apparently extremely unlikely to get more than 4 legendary items so statistically it would be common for many raiders in top guild's rosters to not have BiS legendary items because you could only really get 4 and the odds of getting your best 2 is actually low.
11/28/2016 04:46 AMPosted by Orsnoìre
I'm confused by your posts. On the one hand you claim to be getting shut out because no BiS legendary, while also claiming you have no relevant parses.

If you have the parses, aren't legendaries a non-issue? And if you don't have the parses, shouldn't you be rolling with whatever crew you can get in to show your numbers?

And, further, if you can't pull the appropriate numbers, is it reasonable to assert that you're ready for higher-end mythic raiding?

Seems to me this all comes down to a simple question that has very little to do with the legendary issue: is your performance as good as you think it is?

My performance for my ilvl considering the gear I'm using is fine. But with a BiS legendary my parse % would be higher for my bracket.

Also, I have no relevant parses because I'm practically brand new to logging and haven't had much of anything relevant to parse, but my point is, if I did have loads of opportunity to parse then 1 single legend could increase my parse by 10% or even more.