Idea: Climbing Mounts

General Discussion
I was wondering how people would feel about climbing mounts. For example, you could have a mountain goat or spider climbing mount. You could run towards a mountain in highmountain and your mount would just free-run up and down the mountain.

I feel like this would be an awesome feature to have as a reward for say Pathfinder part one, as an inbetween stage between normal mounts and flying mounts. At the same time it would alleviate some of the frustration from having to navigate some of the zones.

Thoughts?
Considering Blizzard attempted to lock-out Waterwalking mounts to their respective expansions, in fear that "nobody would use any other type of mount", something tells me they'd lose their minds about people sliding over mountains.

Though I'd like to see that.
Add mountain climbing to the old goats from the Tillers, too! <3
Cool idea. :D
12/05/2016 04:18 PMPosted by Swissgaar
Thoughts?

I don't want to fall through the world again, get stuck on a pixel they messed up, or and of the other possible ways this could go wrong.

+1 on the concept
-1 on Blizzards potential execution

12/05/2016 04:28 PMPosted by Sparx
Considering Blizzard attempted to lock-out Waterwalking mounts to their respective expansions, in fear that "nobody would use any other type of mount", something tells me they'd lose their minds about people sliding over mountains.

Though I'd like to see that.
Add mountain climbing to the old goats from the Tillers, too! <3

^^And this
when I first gotten my grapple hook spy gadget I thought it was great idea

but I still reguard Moutains as as
Moutains (mew-tonz'): Noun Large annoying objects that in my way of quest, gold, and doing things, Cool to look at and throw things off of as long as you don't have to do something on the other side
WSG tears would be delicious.
See that mountain over there? You can climb it.
I get what you're going for here, but I think the flying mount kinda invalidates the concept since they're still strictly better
Blizzard giving us easier ways to travel?

Pfffffffffffffffft.
2 million for a spider mount in game and it doesn't even do the dishes.
Haha, I seriously think the LWing one should be after the trials we went through to keep up with him. Somehow "taming" him makes him pretty sedate.

Edit to add: Maybe after they decide the novelty has worn off somewhat for DH double-jumps, they can give a mountain goat a double height jump - so not entirely "climbing" but something that allows the possibility of getting up onto that ledge our normal jump mocks us with.