Legion Season 1 Ending Clarifications

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
With today’s announcement of the end of Legion’s first PvP season on December 13, we’d like to clarify a few extra details.

The Elite PvP gear appearance will be the same in Legion Season 2 as it is in Season 1. If you are unable to complete your set in Season 1, you’ll still be able to collect your missing appearances during Season 2.

Additionally, after Legion Season 2 concludes, we’ll be adding the ability to purchase the complete Elite appearance set from a vendor. This will only be made available to players who have earned access to the Elite set by reaching a PvP rating of 2000 or higher in any Rated Battleground or Arena bracket during Legion Season 1 or 2.

Finally, we’d like to clarify that the end of Legion Season 1 and beginning of Legion Season 2 are not tied in any way to the release of Patch 7.1.5. One of our major goals for Rated PvP in Legion is to have PvP seasons change over more regularly, which means we can now transition between seasons without requiring a patch. This transition will occur prior to the release of Patch 7.1.5.
Sweet
you are literally so kind

thank you for taking the time to get this information, compile it and share it with on the game forums too.

you have done us such a good deed, thank you.

no, thank you, seriously
Will there also be a vendor that sells the appearances for the non-elite set to everybody, by chance?
holy !@#$ some competence finally
11/29/2016 06:17 PMPosted by Alasander
Will there also be a vendor that sells the appearances for the non-elite set to everybody, by chance?

this. some of the basic sets look extremely cool
Come on seriously, end of s2 for the elite mog from s1?
11/29/2016 06:19 PMPosted by Mens
holy !@#$ some competence finally

stop acting this way or they wont do it for us more

ive never felt more love for blizzard than I did reading this

11/29/2016 06:22 PMPosted by Cormath
Come on seriously, end of s2 for the elite mog from s1?

it was that way for wod s2-s3, this literally implies that legion s3 has a different set/elite set
How about you just make it possible to buy any gear we want when we want, how it used to be with arena points/conquest points? This season has been an utter failure in terms of gearing. I received 4-5 trinkets, 4 rings, 4-6 back pieces.

All of these pieces wouldn't have replaced items in that slot anyway. It would be nice to be able to decide to replace a 820 wrist over an 855 back. This happened to me all season until I gave up even trying to do 10 games. I'm sure glad I do 10 games a week to get a piece of gear that I won't even use to replace.

Not only was balance atrocious this season with the constant changes from one end of the spectrum to another, obtaining gear has been the worst this game has ever seen. Rethink your approach to PvP, because everything you have done so far is horrible. This is the first season I haven't even wanted to try and push a rating in.
11/29/2016 06:03 PMPosted by Ornyx
Additionally, after Legion Season 2 concludes, we’ll be adding the ability to purchase the complete Elite appearance set from a vendor. This will only be made available to players who have earned access to the Elite set by reaching a PvP rating of 2000 or higher in any Rated Battleground or Arena bracket during Legion Season 1 or 2.
Wouldn't have been necessary if the dev team would have scrapped the pure RNG gearing scheme when we asked them to.
How kind, now can you stop nerfing locks into oblivion or refund our artifact power to another playable class?<3333
11/29/2016 06:24 PMPosted by Trixxz
How about you just make it possible to buy any gear we want when we want, how it used to be with arena points/conquest points? This season has been an utter failure in terms of gearing. I received 4-5 trinkets, 4 rings, 4-6 back pieces.

All of these pieces wouldn't have replaced items in that slot anyway. It would be nice to be able to decide to replace a 820 wrist over an 855 back. This happened to me all season until I gave up even trying to do 10 games. I'm sure glad I do 10 games a week to get a piece of gear that I won't even use to replace.

Not only was balance atrocious this season with the constant changes from one end of the spectrum to another, obtaining gear has been the worst this game has ever seen. Rethink your approach to PvP, because everything you have done so far is horrible. This is the first season I haven't even wanted to try and push a rating in.

its because power creeping in pvp lets you earn higher ratings, get better relics, get better damage

they can't just give people the elite gear when its not cosmetic, but they stated in this thread that a cosmetic version will be given out or similar, until then just giving everyone who hit 2k your 870 elite pieces in the mail would be outrageous and not okay with most people

again its not cosmetic and these choices are fair but the actual confirmation is what matters
11/29/2016 06:25 PMPosted by Cetus
How kind, now can you stop nerfing locks into oblivion or refund our artifact power to another playable class?<3333

locks are fine retard
11/29/2016 06:03 PMPosted by Ornyx

i love you
11/29/2016 06:26 PMPosted by Seriana

locks are fine retard

You obviously haven't read the patch notes, and no need for name calling or i'll have to call your mother.
11/29/2016 06:26 PMPosted by Vinex
11/29/2016 06:24 PMPosted by Trixxz

its because power creeping in pvp lets you earn higher ratings, get better relics, get better damage

they can't just give people the elite gear when its not cosmetic, but they stated in this thread that a cosmetic version will be given out or similar, until then just giving everyone who hit 2k your 870 elite pieces in the mail would be outrageous and not okay with most people

again its not cosmetic and these choices are fair but the actual confirmation is what matters

I'm not even talking about Elite gear. I'm talking about any piece of PvP gear, and how they should be obtained from vendors the way they used to be. Nobody has liked this horrible RNG gearing system since they made BiS trinket only available through RNG in Ashran in WoD.
Good on you Blizzard.

Now how about bring that Bloodied Enchant back to 2200 so we have some reward and not a 400 rating gap.

FYI, more players raided Nax/AQ/BWL back in Vanilla then broke 2200 in any given season. I'm sure it's still "exclusive" enough at 2200 and it fills a large reward-less gap, offering incentive past elite gear.
the pvp gear has never been equal ivl to mythic raiding gear and now it is, just because its not 100% promised ( it is if you do your weekly wins) you will get mythic raiding = pvp loot idk why you need to be promised 880 epic after 880 epic but that's not fair to people who do other content for their gear

we are promised 3 pieces at our CR level a week, that's perfectly fine especially after they will give us the ability to fill in the gaps on what we are missing when this season ends, which could be even shorter than this season

this is good for the community pls don't ruin it
11/29/2016 06:26 PMPosted by Seriana

locks are fine retard

If he's not 2k it's a problem with the class, not him

/s