Are any classes fun anymore?

General Discussion
Seems like every class now is just two buttons, with a couple others thrown in here and there.

Monk is fun, until you realize you spend most of your time doing the same exact rotation over and over.

Enhance is fun for a while, but most of what you do is maintain buffs and spam the same two spells.

Healing is absurdly boring on anything that isn't a Monk now.

... I just want a class that plays like Wrath / Cata / MoP, where I push more than two buttons, and the playstyle isn't so simplistic a monkey could likely excel with it. But, I worry that doesn't exist anymore, and that WoW just simply isn't for me anymore, as much as I wish it was, since this game was my childhood, and has been around for me for 12 years now.

So, is any class actually fun anymore? Is any class remotely challenging anymore?
No. this is the start of them putting wow on your iPad. Mark my works next xpac will be on tablets with f2p and pay to win mechanics, $$$$$$$$
I'm liking the Prot Warrior so far.

Granted I didn't like having to sacrifice my DMG after the rage nerf.
IDK, but I can Honestly say , despite the amazing content if been playing A lot less then I was at the End of WOD and this is only the start of legion. I'm not sure what but something is missing from classes that's for sure , I rather be hard to kill then one shot !@#$ every 1 or 2 min.
11/22/2016 04:32 AMPosted by Taile
Healing is absurdly boring on anything that isn't a Monk now.

Speak for yourself. I love healing on this guy. Subjective statement is Subjective.

Monk is fun, until you realize you spend most of your time doing the same exact rotation over and over.

So like every class since Vanilla WoW?
You can go back to vanilla, tbc, wrath, cata, take your pick.
There has always been a rotation no matter what you played and the rotation has always been "Hit so many buttons, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat" so I don't get your statement about doing the same thing over and over again, its always been like.
Healers and Tanks are all fun. I don't dps so much so no idea but i find Shadow Priest really fun to play, especially the two phases gameplay. My unholy DK is also fun, although according to meters it's not the best of the best if you are not interested in Mythic raiding being the commander of an army of undead is really fun.
OP, you are either new around here, or you're a concern troll...or you're literally terrible at monk.

If you actually do try even a 4 button rotation on monk and not the combo priority system your DPS will flat out suck.

...and if you're talking about healing that's even dumber. If you're not rolling 4-5 buttons based on need, with the 2 cooldowns you're literally a terrible healer.

Having played WoW since the very beginning, Monk, at least, is every bit as "complex" as any rotation has ever been.

Sounds to me like you're just lazy and awful at your class, and blaming the game.
Prot warrior is fun (but they're changing it to be not fun).
Unholy Death Knights can't do anything but they're a lot of fun.
Discipline priest dps-healing is a ton of fun now that they've tweaked it.
Brewmaster monk is fun once you get Blackout Combo because it adds a sort of fighting game flow to your combat.
Demon Hunters are fun because they have Titanfall levels of mobility and everyone else besides monks have had their mobility reduced to nothing.
Uhh, resto is almost the same as it always was, no nourish spam, no rollin lb's, no downranking and no remove poison.
This character is a lot of fun.
In PvP you do vary up your rotation quite a bit actually. Monk has been so much fun. I've been playing this toon since launch and it's still a blast.
Fury Warrior is incredibly fun to play. Not the best, but it's fun at least.
Feral Druid. It's not JOHN F-ING MADDEN like in Classic, but dang, it's still a lot of fun.

Ret Paladin remains my favorite and main class, because ASHBRINGER.

Enhancement/Elemental Shaman are also both really cool, imo.
11/22/2016 04:53 AMPosted by Xerik
There has always been a rotation no matter what you played and the rotation has always been "Hit so many buttons, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat" so I don't get your statement about doing the same thing over and over again, its always been like.

Yes, it's always been that way. Even in Wrath / Cata, my favorite part of WoW's history, I had set rotations. But, I had many more abilities to keep track of, I had MANY more procs and resets and whatnot to mix things up, and it wasn't entirely static like it is now. While none of the classes were particularly hard, they were still fun, because you couldn't just mindlessly push the same sequence of keys over and over.

11/22/2016 04:55 AMPosted by Orsnoìre
OP, you are either new around here, or you're a concern troll...or you're literally terrible at monk.

If you actually do try even a 4 button rotation on monk and not the combo priority system your DPS will flat out suck.

...and if you're talking about healing that's even dumber. If you're not rolling 4-5 buttons based on need, with the 2 cooldowns you're literally a terrible healer.

Having played WoW since the very beginning, Monk, at least, is every bit as "complex" as any rotation has ever been.

Sounds to me like you're just lazy and awful at your class, and blaming the game.

I've been around since WoW launched in 2004, not new by any means. I'm not trolling, I'm legitimately losing interest in this game, and that makes me kind of sad. And, I was one of the only Fistweavers I ever saw in MOP, I quit during WoD, and I'm still one of the only Fistweavers I ever see. Not bad at Monk.

Anyway, 1>2>1>3>1>4>1>5>1>2>1>3>1>4>1>2>1>3>1>4>1>5>1>2>1>3>1>4>1>5>... That's about how Monk is now, minus the occasional Combo Breaker proc. Throw in your Chi Orb / Blast on CD, and your artifact on CD, and that's about how you play a Monk DPS now.

Fistweaving is still fun now that they brought it back, but I highly doubt it's viable for raiding.

As for healing, you have two spells that are identical except for cast speed. You push one if you need healing fast, you push the other if you don't care. Then you have an instant, weak heal / HoT, and you have both a slow and fast AoE heal. For the most part, you spam the slow heal and your weak instant heal or HoT. Healers no longer have interesting mechanics or procs or anything, and now just sit there and spam !@#$ until the fight is over or you die.

Having been around longer than you, Monk is nowhere near as complex as something like Cata / MoP Enhance, or MoP Fistweaving, or Wrath DW Frost DK, or Wrath / Cata Ret, or anything like that. The rotation is static, predictable, and not at all interesting.
11/22/2016 12:23 PMPosted by Taile
11/22/2016 04:53 AMPosted by Xerik

Yes, it's always been that way. Even in Wrath / Cata, my favorite part of WoW's history, I had set rotations. But, I had many more abilities to keep track of, I had MANY more procs and resets and whatnot to mix things up, and it wasn't entirely static like it is now. While none of the classes were particularly hard, they were still fun, because you couldn't just mindlessly push the same sequence of keys over and over.

11/22/2016 04:55 AMPosted by Orsnoìre

I've been around since WoW launched in 2004, not new by any means. I'm not trolling, I'm legitimately losing interest in this game, and that makes me kind of sad. And, I was one of the only Fistweavers I ever saw in MOP, I quit during WoD, and I'm still one of the only Fistweavers I ever see. Not bad at Monk.

Anyway, 1>2>1>3>1>4>1>5>1>2>1>3>1>4>1>2>1>3>1>4>1>5>1>2>1>3>1>4>1>5>... That's about how Monk is now, minus the occasional Combo Breaker proc. Throw in your Chi Orb / Blast on CD, and your artifact on CD, and that's about how you play a Monk DPS now.

Fistweaving is still fun now that they brought it back, but I highly doubt it's viable for raiding.

As for healing, you have two spells that are identical except for cast speed. You push one if you need healing fast, you push the other if you don't care. Then you have an instant, weak heal / HoT, and you have both a slow and fast AoE heal. For the most part, you spam the slow heal and your weak instant heal or HoT. Healers no longer have interesting mechanics or procs or anything, and now just sit there and spam !@#$ until the fight is over or you die.

Having been around longer than you, Monk is nowhere near as complex as something like Cata / MoP Enhance, or MoP Fistweaving, or Wrath DW Frost DK, or Wrath / Cata Ret, or anything like that. The rotation is static, predictable, and not at all interesting.
Wrath ret was literally the most faceroll spec of the expansion, if not the entire history of the game.

My fun is not remembering what my last attack was and losing my stacks.

Speaking of WW....anyone ever play LotrO? Warden?
I kinda wish WW played like that...just a little more user friendlyish.
Seems like every class now is just two buttons, with a couple others thrown in here and there.

This is a grossly reductive generalization.
"you realize you spend most of your time doing the same exact rotation over and over"

You have literally described every videogame ever made. Every spec in every class in every iteration of WoW has been like this. Sounds like you're just bored of wow for now. Take a month or two off.
Also, yes, monks are one of the easier classes to play. The only source of challenge in the class is tanking and Serenity builds.

Enhancement is even easier.

If you're looking for a challenging DPS spec play a Feral Druid or Shadow Priest.