Why so much pessimism?

General Discussion
I'm a destro lock. I am mildly upset for reasons I would label as valid.
12/17/2016 01:51 PMPosted by Niraathu
Shut up nobody's happy here.

I am. I'm always happy... Well, mostly happy... Well, more happy than sad... Okay, more indifferent really.
I'm an optimist because being a pessimist is too easy. It's much easier to criticize others than it is to actually improve yourself as a person. It's much easier to think negatively than it is to think positively. Being a pessimist is like taking the easy road. It requires no effort. I'll have none of that!
Lately, most of the pessimism has been sourced in the salt quarries of all the mythic raiders complaining about some LFR noob's luck because RNGesus had forsaken the high-end raiders. Raiders complaining about raiders and RNG, at the same time that a winter storm, record cold, and ice is impacting the Midwest.
Holy !@#$, just came back, to find crap smeared all over my forum, what the hell have you cheeky blokes been doing to my forum?
12/17/2016 05:09 PMPosted by Positano
I'm an optimist because being a pessimist is too easy. It's much easier to criticize others than it is to actually improve yourself as a person. It's much easier to think negatively than it is to think positively. Being a pessimist is like taking the easy road. It requires no effort. I'll have none of that!

I find I'm not improving as a person by playing this game. All the improvement was achieved in real life. In the game I say "for !@#%$ sake" way too many times.
12/17/2016 05:31 PMPosted by Avangaline
12/17/2016 05:09 PMPosted by Positano

I find I'm not improving as a person by playing this game. All the improvement was achieved in real life. In the game I say "for !@#%$ sake" way too many times.

Yeah by improvements I was referring to primarily real life. But I guess the game applies too.
The optimism card was played from alpha, and it provided some great advice for the developers to go with. They chose to ignore it, released Legion in a state which displeased some player. Said players stayed optimistic, because their love for the game, the passion we have a humans for something we enjoy. After continuous promises, then being flat-out lied to, the optimism card started to flip to a complete, pissed off and pessimistic card.

Welcome to Legion.
You're in a video game forum. They're some of the largest collections of armchair lawyers, game devs, economists, psychologists, and professional malcontent.

See TF2, Overwatch, HotS, Starcraft, and all other forums.
I'm only happy when I'm sad.
12/17/2016 01:50 PMPosted by Wuatdah
Show a little optimism, and you might be surprised, how good things actually are. :D

Yeah man the class balance OWNS I love dealing no damage and having no mobility and having a completely random rotation and having 1000s of posts made beating a dead horse from my spec's community with all of them being ignored/misinterpreted and the WORST IMPLEMENTATION OF A LEGENDARY SYSTEM POSSIBLE and the lies about baking in talents that are "mandatory" and the complete lack of any form of communication about if the devs even care anymore.
Show a little optimism

show me something to be optimistic about. Nothing heading down the pipe looks good. Or would you rather "wait and see" no matter how many times daddy blizzard beats you?
12/17/2016 08:46 PMPosted by Vazkai
Show a little optimism

show me something to be optimistic about. Nothing heading down the pipe looks good. Or would you rather "wait and see" no matter how many times daddy blizzard beats you?

I wasn't referring specifically to WoW, just optimistic in general...there is nothing wrong with being a little positive...
I don't take anything seriously enough to be either, but I do like being edgy.
Show a little optimism, and you might be surprised, how good things actually are. :D
Sorry my pets Ai has been unstable for far to long. Pathing issues that should have been addressed long long ago still remain. Gutted skills/worthless pet classes. Give me a reason to be optimistic and I will. But so far, by eyeing all the incoming guts and the complete lack of response to Bms i'll stay realistic instead.
I have been satisfied with this expansion, thus far.

Since the semester is over, and my Christmas shopping is pretty much done, I have had a lot of time to play. A lot.

I am beginning to understand why people that play every day feel 'meh' somedays. I have 13 quests in my log that all require Mythic Dungeons, or Raiding.

I understand putting in attunements, before people go to certain dungeons, and that's great. I just wish there was a way that the actual quest could be completed once you have reached the front door of the dungeon, instead of getting the item that completes the quest at the END of the dungeon.

I mean, if we are attuning for the dungeon then doing everything leading up to the front door should be 'good enough' to complete that quest....and then have a separate set of quest lines inside the dungeon, for people that enjoy that kind of content.

That's just my 2 cents. Every thing else is fine, and I'm enjoying it.
how good things actually are.

If things were actually that good I would indeed be surprised.
Dont we all have a bit of Stockholm syndrome at this point?