Nostalrius is trying to shutdown Elysium!

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
01/14/2017 09:39 AMPosted by Doublebarrel
40,000 people is a lot, apparently.
also aren't the 300k signatures they got in that petition were basically the same people signing it over and over?
no but for real, can someone explain the difference between Nost and Elysium
01/14/2017 09:45 AMPosted by Praying
there is no real difference.
01/14/2017 09:43 AMPosted by Deathchix
also aren't the 300k signatures they got in that petition were basically the same people signing it over and over?

I don't know. Maybe?

Even if it were 300k real individual people, there's no guarantee that any sizable percentage of that 300k would sign up to pay for a Legacy server.

Personally, I think the thieves and pirates prefer having Blizzard say 'no' to Legacy servers so that they can then turn around and pirate the game with a supposedly clear conscience. I doubt there'd ever be any sizable group of people willing to pay for an obsolete outdated buggy and often broken game.
Oh, this is rich. Thieves turning on other thieves. Popcorn, anyone?

P.S. Elysium is misnamed. I think Tartarus would be more appropriate.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tartarus
01/14/2017 09:46 AMPosted by Eyrinjia
Oh, this is rich. Thieves turning on other thieves. Popcorn, anyone?

P.S. Elysium is misnamed. I think Tartarus would be more appropriate.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tartarus
But Tartarus sounds cool!

Meanwhile, Legion has millions of players, but it's 'dying' every day.

Someone needs to learn the difference between concurrent players and total players.
01/14/2017 09:45 AMPosted by Praying

Nost - Thieves that got a cease and desist order
Elysium - Thieves that Nost gave their data to to continue their illegal ways which is now being told by the first thieves that they can no longer use the data.
01/14/2017 08:45 AMPosted by Holyrevenge
Now the private servers are at war...lol Say goodbye to your Elysium toons. What a waste of time that was...lol

Announcement
http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45489

what a bunch of idiots - do they really think they were considered less of pirates than the other

plus you can't unshare code.
01/14/2017 09:48 AMPosted by Perr

Meanwhile, Legion has millions of players, but it's 'dying' every day.

Someone needs to learn the difference between concurrent players and total players.
both the concurrent and total amount is still in the millions.
01/14/2017 09:43 AMPosted by Deathchix

a lot of them that signed weren't even interested in playing WoW they just signed because they were showing solidary because the games they played had gone through similar things.
01/14/2017 09:34 AMPosted by Shocknyou
All you WOW fanboys have no idea that this is a secret behind the scenes power play by Blizz to strong arm these massively popular servers down.

If that's true, it makes things even more amusing.
01/14/2017 09:50 AMPosted by Finmaril
All you WOW fanboys have no idea that this is a secret behind the scenes power play by Blizz to strong arm these massively popular servers down.

If that's true, it makes things even more amusing.

Actually if it's Blizzard causing this it makes me more happy as it shows that Blizzard is defending their Intellectual Property which they should, which makes their investors happier which means more $$ for Blizzard to continue doing what they do and create great games.
*cue Nelson laugh*
01/14/2017 08:53 AMPosted by Rikward
They want official legacy servers, they realize making private servers isn't gonna help with that goal after they calmed down from their initial outrage of Blizz refusing to make em themselves

/shrug

Yep. The minute they decided to move ahead with releasing their code and "authoring" other private servers to use it (post Blizzard shutting them down) is the moment they lost all credibility.

It sounded like a "we're doing it again and this time you can't touch us" toward Blizzard rather than support for official legacy servers.

My only comment to this is: "lol"
01/14/2017 09:06 AMPosted by Snowfox
What's really kind of amusing here.. is watching Nost be all "omg they are stealing our data and stuff. That's so wrong!"

We ask Elysium to join this effort for Legacy realms by stopping to use data that we provided. - from their site.

It's almost like they were sending a cease & desist..

I think the meltdown is just starting.

They have been removing and deleting INSTANTLY any and all posts about Vanilla wow for the last month and those private servers STILL reach 40k+ people.

There is more interest and fun to be had over WOW Vanilla than WOW retail. That makes the WOW dev team feel bad and hurts their pride, they seem to be unwilling to suck it up and issue legacy/vanilla servers. But why go to great lengths to screw everyone else over who wants to play the old game they bought and loved?

So go play on a private server and shut the hell up already.
[quote]
<span class="truncated">...</span>

What's really kind of amusing here.. is watching Nost be all "omg they are stealing our data and stuff. That's so wrong!"

We ask Elysium to join this effort for Legacy realms by stopping to use data that we provided. - from their site.

What you hear in your head and what they write have a different tone. I don't care one way or the other though. Also doesn't 'stopping to use' encourage them to continue to use (like 'stop to smell the flowers') - as opposed to 'stopping using' or cruder 'stopping from using'.
01/14/2017 09:54 AMPosted by Damnneutral
[quote]
<span class="truncated">...</span>

What you hear in your head and what they write have a different tone. I don't care one way or the other though. Also doesn't 'stopping to use' encourage them to continue to use ('like stop to smell the flowers') - as opposed to 'stopping using' or cruder 'stopping from using'.

Well, there's more in the post to give it more context.. but I don't want to link to nost forums here for obvious reasons. It's pretty clear though that Nost isn't exactly encouraging Elysium.
01/14/2017 09:48 AMPosted by Deathchix
01/14/2017 09:48 AMPosted by Perr

both the concurrent and total amount is still in the millions.

You are saying there are millions of Legion subs logged into WoW at this second? I don't even know what to say to that.