Nostalrius is trying to shutdown Elysium!

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
01/14/2017 09:54 AMPosted by Damnneutral
What's really kind of amusing here.. is watching Nost be all "omg they are stealing our data and stuff. That's so wrong!"

Mmm sounds like Nost doesnt like it when others steal their stuff.

Mmmmmmm

MMMMMMH
*Gets out popcorn*
This is already a good laugh, and I know it's gonna get better.
01/14/2017 09:46 AMPosted by Doublebarrel
01/14/2017 09:43 AMPosted by Deathchix
...also aren't the 300k signatures they got in that petition were basically the same people signing it over and over?

I don't know. Maybe?

Even if it were 300k real individual people, there's no guarantee that any sizable percentage of that 300k would sign up to pay for a Legacy server.

Personally, I think the thieves and pirates prefer having Blizzard say 'no' to Legacy servers so that they can then turn around and pirate the game with a supposedly clear conscience. I doubt there'd ever be any sizable group of people willing to pay for an obsolete outdated buggy and often broken game.

Yep. People don't understand that its much easier to get people to put their name on a petition than it is to have them put their money where their mouth is. A number of petition signatures never equal an equivalent number of paying customers.
01/14/2017 09:57 AMPosted by Blakebone
Mmm sounds like Nost doesnt like it when others steal their stuff.

Mmmmmmm

MMMMMMH

A quick google search can find the thing, and they are simply asking the other server to not use their code because they felt it was the wrong move and regret sharing it. It doesn't look like they are mad or demanding anything, simply asking because they want to continue their work with Blizzard to get legit Legacy servers.

But you're right. It's more fun to just pretend they're salty kids so we can all laugh at them and feel self righteous because we'd never stoop to the level of playing on a private server.
01/14/2017 09:37 AMPosted by Butts
Popcorn's on me boys, come get it while it's hot and watch all this go down.

I don't want to eat popcorn on Butts
01/14/2017 10:02 AMPosted by Reknado
But you're right. It's more fun to just pretend they're salty kids so we can all laugh at them and feel self righteous because we'd never stoop to the level of playing on a private server.
yeah, it is.

i wouldn't go remotely near that thing.
01/14/2017 10:02 AMPosted by Reknado
It's more fun to just pretend they're salty kids

Oh there's no pretending there. We've seen them posting here.

They are definitely absolutely salty kids.
Still hoping that blizzard comes to its senses and does real legacy servers and not pristine crap!!! Pristine is the easy way out.
01/14/2017 10:04 AMPosted by Peeweebowman
Still hoping that blizzard comes to its senses and does real legacy servers and not pristine crap!!! Pristine is the easy way out.

I think they did come to their senses (from a Business standpoint) which is why they have not done Legacy servers. Waste of $$ and resources.
I really pity those who find entertainment in this sort of thing, like the pretentious pre-MVP who posted in here who basically lives on the forums siding with whatever bandwagon is the "coolest" at the moment. No I don't play Vanilla and I never will, but really, this thread consists of the "Days of our Lives" soap opera crowd of World of Warcraft, where fascination in petty drama is the highlight of the day.

Yak, yak, gossip, yak.
http://imgur.com/Rj9BID2
01/14/2017 10:06 AMPosted by Aristrasz
I really pity those who find entertainment in this sort of thing, like the pretentious pre-MVP who posted in here who basically lives on the forums siding with whatever bandwagon is the "coolest" at the moment. No I don't play Vanilla and I never will, but really, this thread consists of the "Days of our Lives" soap opera crowd of World of Warcraft, where fascination in petty drama is the highlight of the day.

Yak, yak, gossip, yak.

Shut up and let us enjoy watching criminals fight with each other. This crap is better than reality TV.
01/14/2017 10:06 AMPosted by Aristrasz

Yak, yak, gossip, yak.

Shut up, Meg.
lmao

It's...
schadenfreude!
Making me feel glad
that I'm not you!
01/14/2017 10:03 AMPosted by Snowfox
Oh there's no pretending there. We've seen them posting here.

They are definitely absolutely salty kids.

As a salty kid myself, I can confirm this.
Why can't they do wotlk instead? It was far superior to vanilla.
Nostalgia is the enemy of progress.
I suppose it's possible that Blizzard is asking Nostalrius to take these steps as a way to quell the popularity of private servers. Which would ultimately help maximize the profit/popularity potential of an official Legacy server. Nostalrius claims that's their ultimate goal. Although their announcement they made just prior to Blizzcon in regards to Blizzard not announcing Legacy servers came across as a bit childish, and seems to contradict the sentiment that they were going for in this latest statement.

I have no doubt that Blizzard has kept a watchful eye on Nost/Elys launch, and seen the numbers that came out. Perhaps it may sway their decision one way or the other.

I'm not for private servers, but I understand the demand for Legacy servers/content. I would gladly participate in it, if it existed in some official capacity.

It's rather sad to see how petty this community is that they're glad to see people not get content that they want. If you're so happy with the current game, go enjoy it. Why waste time laughing at the disappointment of so many? What a sad state of affairs this community has become.
01/14/2017 10:10 AMPosted by Armineus
Nostalgia is the enemy of progress.
as pointed out so clearly by memberberries in south park.
A 'statement' was just put out by "Elysium" in response. Because I don't want to paste the whole thing and get risk a ban for some dumb reason (as well as their site being down), here it is in Imgur form:

https://i.imgur.com/2eqbepj.png

TL;DR -
Their "server" is staying up and whoever transferred their characters from the other "server" -- their toons will be wiped.

They also try to justify that being "pirates" is the right thing to do ... what?

Again, grab that popcorn boys. I feel like this isn't over.