Raid Tuning and Nighthold Release Date

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
12/15/2016 03:00 PMPosted by Ornyx

Trial of Valor will see a set of tuning adjustments next week, focused mainly on Heroic and Mythic difficulty, which should help groups overcome the challenges of the Trial as they prepare for Nighthold.

Thank God.. seriously... should NOT need MYTHIC EN gear just to do HEROIC TOV

Might be nice to down something......
Are you guys !@#$ing serious? You are still going to release Nighthold with the state of the PTR as it is? You aren't even going to TRY to fix the mess you have created with legendaries and classes? Especially classes. My god, half the specs in this game suck and you are releasing Nighthold?

As we have been clamoring....FIX SPECS THEN WORRY ABOUT RAIDS. People aren't going to be raiding if they hate the class they are playing.

Oh well, guess I am done. I'll pay attention to DK forums, maybe unholy won't blow come Argus. I literally can't believe I fell for this %^-* again. You'd think D3, WoD, and RoS abandonment would have freaking taught me.
Trial of Valor will see a set of tuning adjustments next week, focused mainly on Heroic and Mythic difficulty

Better late than never, I guess. But people were telling you from the very beginning that it was overtuned.
12/15/2016 03:11 PMPosted by Galestealth
They have said before that 7.1.5 and Nighthold release are independent of each other
They are independent of each other.

As another note, this means that Cutting Edge: Xavius and Ahead of the Curve: Xavius will become unobtainable with the release of Nighthold on January 17.

12/15/2016 03:49 PMPosted by Omnìfiend
You are still going to release Nighthold with the state of the PTR as it is?
Nighthold =/= 7.1.5

Edit: To clarify a bit, and expand on something I should have mentioned originally - with this I meant the PTR is in flux, and there's a lot of tuning to be done still prior to 7.1.5 and Nighthold's release - but we also don't agree that the state of the PTR is bad. We wouldn't drop a patch with major class changes in the middle of a raid tier, as even we agree that would be silly.
12/15/2016 03:49 PMPosted by Xiata

Trial of Valor will see a set of tuning adjustments next week, focused mainly on Heroic and Mythic difficulty, which should help groups overcome the challenges of the Trial as they prepare for Nighthold.

Thank God.. seriously... should NOT need MYTHIC EN gear just to do HEROIC TOV

Might be nice to down something......

You don't need mythic EN gear to do heroic tov. But i mean, it does come down to a PEBCAK situation.
As another note, this means that Cutting Edge: Xavius and Ahead of the Curve: Xavius will become unobtainable with the release of Nighthold on January 17.

Why is that exactly? Not that it's that big of a deal, but you guys let people obtain AotC/CE Will of the Emperor and Imperator Mar'gok with tier gear from HoF, Terrace, and BRF.
12/15/2016 04:07 PMPosted by Ornyx
Nighthold =/= 7.1.5
I think there is an expectation that 7.1.5 would be released before Nighthold is released. Otherwise, Blizzard would be dropping a big balance bombshell midway through Nighthold progression which I don't think anybody wants.

I think most people would prefer class balance fully ironed out so everyone can start fresh in Nighthold.

Which is why people are concerned. If 7.1.5 releases before Nighthold on Jan 17 like it should, there really isn't much time left for talent balance, let alone overall class tuning given the holiday season.
They have said before that 7.1.5 and Nighthold release are independent of each other

Nighthold =/= 7.1.5

Great. So they are separate. Would look forward to it. Too bad you are STILL releasing another racetrack to race around in a Ford Pinto. Which is why I still say you guys don't get it. Nighthold might be fun, but the vehicle you want us to use to play around in this new wonderland IS NOT fun.

But hey, lets see you rework half the classes halfway through Nighthold. Sounds.......awesome.
While I'm excited to be raiding nighthold and can't wait ro get in there I am a little worried that 7.1.5 will come after night hold is released.

In my eyes this would be unfortunate because it would mean many classes and specs will need to be relearned in the middle of progressing through a new tier. Personally I had my heart set on starting nighthold as Arcane. However i would hate beating a few bosses then 7.1.5 to drop and all the sudden everything. Is different. (Legendaries, talents, rotations). If possible I encourage you to release 7.1.5 first then release Nighthold. Even if that means pushing Nighthold back.
Raid Finder wings and Mythic difficulty will release during the weeks following, which we will share more specific details on at a later time.

I wonder if this means that Mythic will be delayed by more than a week. That would limit the value of splitfarming for tier bonuses, since you'd have more time to farm heroic and prepare for mythic. I'd much prefer that, personally, as my guild doesn't splitfarm anyways, but it'll be interesting to see if they go that route, and what impact it has.

Of course, it could just mean that mythic will have the usual one week delay and the schedule will refer solely to LFR.

Nighthold =/= 7.1.5

I think the primary question on everyone's mind is..

is 7.1.5 BEFORE or AFTER Nighthold?

Nighthold =/= 7.1.5

How will this be pulled off. Should we expect huge class changes and item changes in the middle of a raid tier?
Awesome! Thanks for sharing the date and that there are some upcoming tuning changes to Heroic ToV.

My 10-15 person guild is still struggling on H-Odyn and it feels really weird because we wipe the floor with H-Xavius every week. Looking forward to seeing what's coming.
12/15/2016 04:32 PMPosted by Kraineth
<span class="truncated">...</span>They are independent of each other.

<span class="truncated">...</span>Nighthold =/= 7.1.5

How will this be pulled off. Should we expect huge class changes and item changes in the middle of a raid tier?

Middle of a Raid tier is fine. if they do it within the first 3 weeks that is a concern, a month+ is fine.

Assuming it is happening after Nighthold. Tho it is possible it can happen before it, tho I don't think it will sense they announced NH release but no 7.1.5?
You don't need mythic EN gear to do heroic tov.

You kind of do. Any guild just coming from heroic EN with players who average an ilvl of 865 are probably going to get crushed in heroic ToV. Not saying it's impossible, but currently it's overtuned for the intended audience. I haven't seen ONE heroic raiding guild that is 3/3 H ToV. The only people who seem to be 3/3 H ToV are mythic EN raiders.

Nighthold =/= 7.1.5

Nah, you're just going to release Nighthold, let the top guilds clear it on Mythic in a week or two, then put out 7.1.5 and wreck everyone else trying to progress through it with Legendary nerfs, across the board nerfs to several classes and destroying BiS gear due to secondary stat changes.

Nighthold =/= 7.1.5

Is it possible if we can just get a confirmation on if 7.1.5 is before or after Nighthold? No need for a specific date, me and my buds are just back and forth on rather its before or after Nighthold.
seems to coincide with what was mentioned from blizzcon and earlier. Also pushing that aggressive release schedule.

Nighthold =/= 7.1.5

Shouldn't the rather significant class balances and legendary changes come before a new raid tier is released though, really?
As the holidays approach, we wanted to take a chance to share some information on an upcoming raid tuning adjustment as well as the release date for Nighthold.

Which brings us to the release date for Nighthold itself: We are aiming to unlock Normal and Heroic Nighthold on January 17, 2017. Raid Finder wings and Mythic difficulty will release during the weeks following, which we will share more specific details on at a later time.

We look forward to seeing you in the Nighthold!

This post doesn't include any news about 7.1.5. Are we getting a projected release date for that?