Same Legendary. FIXED! Thanks Blizz!

General Discussion
I am Game Master XXXXXXXXXX and I am here to clear things up for you today.

I'm sorry to hear you've had such rotten luck with looting the same legendary twice on Knox. While us Game Masters are able to to do many things in game for players, we are not able to adjust things like drop rates or the random number generator, as these are set and controlled by the development team.

Each time you are eligible for loot, you have the same chance to get the loot you want, regardless of how many times you have looted that particular boss or chest in the past. When you roll on loot, it is an "independent trial"; a new roll of the dice, a new chance at loot. Some players get lucky and score the loot they want on the first few rolls, some players aren't as lucky. We believe having an element of randomness helps prevent the game from feeling too stale and predictable, and makes it that much more special when you finally get that one piece of loot you've been trying to get for weeks.

I understand it's frustrating to not get the loot you want. However, customer support will not be granting or exchanging any loot to players on account of the random number generator, as we have not been authorized by the development team to do so. I really do hope your luck improves soon!

Should you ever need assistance, you can always reach out to us and we will be here.
Buy a lotto ticket, the odds of that happening must be astronomical!
What legendary did you loot twice?

Because I'm 99% sure you shouldn't be able to loot a legendary twice.
Ouch. I understand that the GM couldn't do anything for you, it's not really their place. That said, it is super dumb that you can get the same legendary. I mean, super, duper, I-can't-believe-this-is-a-thing dumb.

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.
There's supposed to be a mechanism in the game that prevents you from getting the same legendary twice on the same toon.

I got Prydaz twice, but it was on separate toons.
insignia of ravenhold
You can indeed get the same legendary twice, I've seen it posted many times on Reddit. Sadly Blizzard does nothing about it, as previously shown by that Game Master. All the Devs say is 'it's a really really low chance of happening.' But I've seen posts of it happening at least 10 times; can only assume it's happened a lot more than 10 times so as Blizzard fashion it tends to be a bit of a lie.
Ragequit by extention here
The mathematic chance of it happening are surely extremely small. Sorry it happened to you :(
12/17/2016 09:49 PMPosted by Awkward

You can still loot them twice, I've seen multiple people have such !@#$ty luck
12/17/2016 09:49 PMPosted by Awkward

That's a bug, and henceforth is ticketable for a "change", but as you know, devs are off for xmas, so there's that.
Open another ticket. There are GMs out there that will replace it with another random one.
Did you still have the first one?

Because I'm fairly certain the game can't give you a legendary if you have it in your inventory.
open another ticket. there were people who had the same reply but the right gm will reroll a new legendary for you.
What I find odd about the ability to get multiple of the same ones is I'd say it's very likely to actually be a smaller chance to get the same one as one you already have compared to get any of the others you don't have.

Which in a sense means they had to manually add the ability to get multiples of the same one. Instead of it being some unintended consequence of overlooked issue or something.

Just... why?
I had it happen on the PTR
Seems like allowing people to get the same legendary twice is kinda unethical (in a gaming sense not an over dramatic sense). It's quite disgusting that they did this too you. If I was you i'd uninstall and cancel my sub and let them know why.
12/17/2016 10:18 PMPosted by Ninqjinq
What I find odd about the ability to get multiple of the same ones is I'd say it's very likely to actually be a smaller chance to get the same one as one you already have compared to get any of the others you don't have.

Which in a sense means they had to manually add the ability to get multiples of the same one. Instead of it being some unintended consequence of overlooked issue or something.

Just... why?

My guess is that it is just two rolls.. The first to see if you get a legendary to drop and a second to see which you get. Because of statements made by others it is an assumption on my part that the second roll has no exclusions.
12/17/2016 09:49 PMPosted by Roldar
Buy a lotto ticket, the odds of that happening must be astronomical!

I'd probably be watching the sky for a meteor to strike me first. Having bad luck like that wouldn't be something I'd bank a dollar on.
12/17/2016 10:21 PMPosted by Hasil
12/17/2016 10:18 PMPosted by Ninqjinq

Just... why?

My guess is that it is just two rolls.. The first to see if you get a legendary to drop and a second to see which you get. Because of statements made by others it is an assumption on my part that the second roll has no exclusions.

I just get the sense that, judging by how rare this is, that the 2nd roll is heavily weighted to NOT give a duplicate.

Of the 30+ people in my guild with multiple legendaries (and multiple with 3-4 legendaries), not a single one has a duplicate.

It obviously can happen, but the chances seem so minuscule (though it should have zero chance)