Legendary upgrade gated behind Illidan quest

General Discussion
Prev 1 20 21 22 26 Next
12/27/2016 06:08 AMPosted by Smoothiè
Call it for what it is: More complaining by players that want it now, want it easy and want it on their own terms. (which can change monthly)

call it for what it is: you don't want to read instead twist what others are saying because ur too much of a child to see why people are asking for the gating to be removed not the work needed... But hey u troll some more u child.

So, since they changed the rewards of a quest you assumed worthless, you're mad? Why does Blizz need to inform the players of a change like that?

Because it's !@#$ing stupid design that creates player traps. This isn't hard to comprehend. It's a bait and switch that leads to people being objectively harmed in game.

If you are going to design something, don't entrap people by hiding massive, important quest rewards behind innocuous unrelated content. Design 101--make the user experience seamless, navigable and comprehensible.

I also thought the previous drops were per boss and not per dungeon?

No. You get it only on the last boss of every dungeon, and no one really cares about the grind itself. The problem is not knowing you have to do the grind at all. Right now, the Trial of Valour grind yields some ugly pointless transmog set. Now I have no intention of doing that for said reward. Now imagine them going "lol jk it's a free BIS legendary" 5 months later. That would be !@#$ing retarded.
Time-gate > RNG

No matter how poor the storyline may be.
12/27/2016 06:17 AMPosted by Trintor
Time-gate > RNG

No matter how poor the storyline may be.

An eight week time gate is bad.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I think you fail at reading people are upset that it was 1) tied to a quest line up to this day was said to just be lore and crap rewards, now out of no were its the most powerful quest line with no warning or word from blizzard... 2) the quests before it were 100% gated behind dumb dungeon gated grinds leading into 3 months of AK grinding and then Dungeon grinding.

And even then people don't care about the grinding, its the fact people can't grind it at there own pace it has to be 10 a week for 8 weeks. meaning 1 mythic +8 = ur done for the week.

Plz learn to read next time kk?

Very few quest chains in the game have ever told you what the end reward is. This isn't new. That you simple idiots decided to ignore an obviously important (orange !) quest is sheer stupidity.

Actually, you're wrong. Virtually all quests of import let you know what you are working toward. Balance of Power? It told you months in advance it was a skin for your weapon. Suramar? 9 weeks + in advance we knew it was a massive AP token and a mount. Trial of Valour? We knew in advance it was a full transmog set.

Netherwing quest chain? We knew it was a mount.

MoP legendary? WoD legendary? We knew they were the rewards from day one and what every step of the chain gave.

If you are going to make !@#$ up, at least make up a better lie. Virtually never in the history of this game have you had huge reward like this apparently hidden until the last minute. And if it were cosmetic, I wouldn't even care.

No what we have is a thread on MMO-C claiming this, then a WoW thread linking to the MMO-C thread as proof.

Has anyone actually verified this second hand on PTR?

Why are no major WoW news sites reporting on this? Stop being a sheep.

Major wow news sites often don't report on lots of new stuff. It wasn't data-mined and people just accidentally came across it now. PROFESSIONAL news sites can barely get news right about important things, and you think some amateurs at wowhead are?

Are you saying people on the PTR are lying? Why? What for? What motivation?
You can't even copy a toon to the PTR anymore because they are going to launch it. This is the final form. It's also a holiday.

I'm saying any old person can troll you guys with relative ease.

Someone already got the whole "new legendaries drop @ 940 not 910" bull!@#$ rumor earlier this week and now it has proliferated.

Before that was the "you need follower missions to get in Kara" bull%^-*.

Without fail the WoW community is basically "someone said it on the internet so it must be true."
I'm not too thrilled, but it gives me something to do I guess........

Major wow news sites often don't report on lots of new stuff. It wasn't data-mined and people just accidentally came across it now. PROFESSIONAL news sites can barely get news right about important things, and you think some amateurs at wowhead are?

Are you saying people on the PTR are lying? Why? What for? What motivation?
You can't even copy a toon to the PTR anymore because they are going to launch it. This is the final form. It's also a holiday.

I'm saying any old person can troll you guys with relative ease.

Someone already got the whole "new legendaries drop @ 940 not 910" bull!@#$ rumor earlier this week and now it has proliferated.

Before that was the "you need follower missions to get in Kara" bull%^-*.

Without fail the WoW community is basically "someone said it on the internet so it must be true."

They could be lying, yes. But this is a discussion of "what if they aren't?" It's abstract. If it's a lie, then oh well. If not, then it's worth thinking about. This is at least plausible. The others weren't.
I honestly doubt this is true, if this quest unlocks Legendary upgrades, then why does it also gives ilvl 870 gear?
12/27/2016 06:37 AMPosted by Vincentiu
I honestly doubt this is true, if this quest unlocks Legendary upgrades, then why does it also gives ilvl 870 gear?

Awarding a piece of 870 gear doesn't really mean anything either way. The obvious explanation is they just tacked this on without bothering to tell anyone in advance. It is a pretty trivial piece anyway. I've had that for almost 2 months.
12/27/2016 06:37 AMPosted by Vincentiu

Awarding a piece of 870 gear doesn't really mean anything either way. It's a pretty trivial piece, anyway. I have had better than that for almost 2 months.

The item rewards where 850 originally, then buffed to 870 to make them more rewarding, if this thing was going to be necessary to upgrade Legendaries, then why put a bigger carrot?

Awarding a piece of 870 gear doesn't really mean anything either way. It's a pretty trivial piece, anyway. I have had better than that for almost 2 months.

The item rewards where 850 originally, then buffed to 870 to make them more rewarding, if this thing was going to be necessary to upgrade Legendaries, then why put a bigger carrot?

That's just it. They probably didn't have any intention of doing it. . No one even knew about the legendary upgrades until recently, and then, no one knew how you got them. It's almost like they are just winging stuff and this was an afterthought. Just a way to beef up the long quest chain of Illidan Senpai.

The whole thing makes no sense, which is why I totally believe blizzard would do something like that. They rarely make sense.
12/27/2016 06:42 AMPosted by Letoghanima

That's just it. They probably didn't have any intention of doing it. It's a last minute slap-on. No one even knew about the legendary upgrades until recently. Just a way to beef up the long quest chain of Illidan Senpai.

Also i saw the MMO champion article. Can you call that an article? All i see is someone saying "Illidan quest chain is necessary to unlock Legendaries upgrades", no more than that, no patch-note, no screenshot, nothing.

That's just it. They probably didn't have any intention of doing it. It's a last minute slap-on. No one even knew about the legendary upgrades until recently. Just a way to beef up the long quest chain of Illidan Senpai.

Also i saw the MMO champion article. Can you call that an article? All i see is someone saying "Illidan quest chain is necessary to unlock Legendaries upgrades", no more than that, no patch-note, no screenshot, nothing.

That is usually what PTR is. People just reporting what they are experiencing. Rarely do people offer screenshots. And there are no patch notes yet, except for the ones last week compiled by wowhead, which don't mention anything about the upgrade system at all.

If it was only stumbled across last minute before the PTR was flagged for release and you can't copy a toon over, I wouldn't expect lots of other people to find it.
12/26/2016 03:32 PMPosted by Thaspion
wtf I hate legion now

Now?

I knew I wouldn't like it during the pre-patch and I saw what they did to all the classes with their runaway hedge trimmers.

If the state of the classes wasn't so abysmal, the time gating wouldn't be so obnoxious.
12/27/2016 06:09 AMPosted by Espiritu
12/27/2016 06:04 AMPosted by Spy

Very few quest chains in the game have ever told you what the end reward is. This isn't new. That you simple idiots decided to ignore an obviously important (orange !) quest is sheer stupidity.

Before acting like a tool, seeing as ur hiding behind ur level 1 troll char... at least in MOP and WOD we knew were the quest was going AS IT SAID IT IN THE STORY! Not once has any of this quest line said anything about were it was leading when it came to power to the char, just hey go get !@#$ for a 870 pile of %^-* kk ty...

the fact ur simple mind can't grasp just how crap this quest line was when it was written by a man, we can all tell was having a brain melt down "I do feel for him". and the story and quest log was only done to tell a !@#$ story about "OMG BC ret conned now ur the bad guy and hes the good guy" yes I can see why people did not care for the quest.

I'll take that elaborate dance as agreement that most quest chains do not tell you anything, and even your 2 "proof" chains (out of hundreds) only give you an idea.

And before you go critiquing my "simple mind", try writing something that makes sense. It's like one giant run on sentence written by 3 people that have never met before. And that it's sprinkled with "ur" doesn't help.
12/27/2016 06:42 AMPosted by Letoghanima

That's just it. They probably didn't have any intention of doing it. . No one even knew about the legendary upgrades until recently, and then, no one knew how you got them. It's almost like they are just winging stuff and this was an afterthought. Just a way to beef up the long quest chain of Illidan Senpai.

The whole thing makes no sense, which is why I totally believe blizzard would do something like that. They rarely make sense.

2 things : nothing is confirmed from PTR. This is pure speculation. You are getting your blood pressure up about nothing.

2nd is : if this is true, it was intended day 1. There's no way they put a 8 week timegate on something "for later undetermined use". This is planned and whatever is at the end is determined and was day 1.

This is exactly like people throwing a tantrum over legendaries dropping straight as 940. It was not true, but y'all got worked up over it and how u fair it was and how you stopped playing to not risk getting one.

I think you fail at reading people are upset that it was 1) tied to a quest line up to this day was said to just be lore and crap rewards, now out of no were its the most powerful quest line with no warning or word from blizzard... 2) the quests before it were 100% gated behind dumb dungeon gated grinds leading into 3 months of AK grinding and then Dungeon grinding.

And even then people don't care about the grinding, its the fact people can't grind it at there own pace it has to be 10 a week for 8 weeks. meaning 1 mythic +8 = ur done for the week.

Plz learn to read next time kk?

So, since they changed the rewards of a quest you assumed worthless, you're mad? Why does Blizz need to inform the players of a change like that? To make sure it's OK with them? What type of requirements would you request for an item that is designed to make it easier to kill bosses in raids and DUNGEONS?

Call it for what it is: More complaining by players that want it now, want it easy and want it on their own terms. (which can change monthly)

I also thought the previous drops were per boss and not per dungeon?

Blizzard absolutely must give sufficient notice of such changes ahead of time. No one would play this game if Blizzard made arbitrary decisions to retroactively change the stated rewards of any piece of content, particularly those that are time-gated. One could only imagine the chaos that would ensue in 7.1.5 if you needed to have done pet battles WQs to unlock The Nighthold or had to complete 2000 class hall missions to retain access to the Arcway/Court of Stars.

Saying that this is a case of players wanting things "easy" is fallacious and irrelevant. It would make more sense to make this claim if people were complaining about a new time-gated questline in 7.1.5 that rewarded the legendary upgrade. That is not the case here.

2 things : nothing is confirmed from PTR. This is pure speculation. You are getting your blood pressure up about nothing.

2nd is : if this is true, it was intended day 1. There's no way they put a 8 week timegate on something "for later undetermined use". This is planned and whatever is at the end is determined and was day 1.

This is exactly like people throwing a tantrum over legendaries dropping straight as 940. It was not true, but y'all got worked up over it and how u fair it was and how you stopped playing to not risk getting one.

I never got worked up about anything. I never said anything about 940 legendary items. I am simply going by what was directly reported on the PTR. People were not reporting 940 legendaries dropping

If it is true and "planned" then they did a !@#$ job and need to re-evaluate how they communicate content. You don't withhold such critical information as it dramatically alters player behaviour. Blizzard apparently has no understanding of human psychology whatsoever.

It seems unlikely they would have known and simply withheld such information. If true, it's more likely it was an afterthought. When they intend to give reward after long time investments, we have known well in advance what we are working toward. When quests are important, there is also usually some highlight/marker identifying it as such. It makes no sense to hide said rewards because it works against how people think and act and there is no precedent for it in similar long-term, large scale quests.

So either is untrue or true and likely the product of winging it. Given blizzard incompetence, the latter wouldn't surprise. It is possible it's not true, but no reason for people on the PTR to lie about this specifically.
I decided to put off doing this until my hidden artifact skin dropped because of the dungeon requirement.

Lovely