Tired of HUNTERS

General Discussion
I'm tanking on my main, (just came since Cata), and every time I'm tanking and a hunter is in the group, I might as well quit the instance. Every single hunter that I've had in my group; is pulling the mobs before I can get to them, and they are trying to solo the instance. I've even been kicked because I decided to just sit back and let him do whatever he wanted.

Why are hunters trying to tank/dps all the raids now? Chill out and let the tank play his class and stop ruining it for other people.
We aren't trying to tank, honest.

Tab targeting is borked. And cursor targeting doesn't work much better at a distance.

I've been guilty of pulling mobs from around the corner because I didn't see them and thought it was safe to tab.

It's not intentional.
I'd understand that. But they are literally going out in front and pulling everything as if they were the tank. And the fact this happens more than often saddens me. I just saw a multiboxing hunter and i just left the dungeon.
12/27/2016 12:53 PMPosted by Padder

Tab targeting is borked. And cursor targeting doesn't work much better at a distance.

I've been guilty of pulling mobs from around the corner because I didn't see them and thought it was safe to tab.

It's not intentional.

^^^ This ^^^
Every single hunter...

Every one of them. Without exception. They are ALL guilty. There has never been, nor will there ever be, a hunter that does anything right.

Worthless, conniving, devious ritza-racka-fraking HUNTERS!

Burn them all.

Except for me, of course.
Hunters who control their barrage/sidewinders? Amazing.

98% of hunters? No thanks.

12/27/2016 01:00 PMPosted by Leyami
Every one of them. Without exception. They are ALL guilty. There has never been, nor will there ever be, a hunter that does anything right.

Worthless, conniving, devious ritza-racka-fraking HUNTERS!

Burn them all.

As with everything there are outliers. Good hunters are few and far between.

Like good DH tanks.
Well, alot of hunters think it's ok to just misdirect to the tank and chain pull.

Some tanks like it, some don't.

It's usually easy to tell from the first few pulls and adjust accordingly for the rest of the dungeon.

If they say stop, I stop.

If they don't say anything and the healer is a near full mana at all times and the tank is not even needing to pop major defensive cds / resource capped most of the time... Then I will make things more interesting for everyone!

I think it's actually pretty easy to distinguish the ones who are trying their best from the ones who just don't get the general idea of "let the tank pull, let the tank ask you to misdirect and pull".

The unintentional ones are pretty easy to roll with. Heck, I've wrongly tab-targeted on this gal, and apologized as I ran to the tank and let him get it as I faded, and followed that up by being three times as careful even if it dropped my damage a little. (I queue damage in normal dungeons, not healing.) On my prot pally, who isn't 110 yet, I watch for the accidental pulls and am ready to pick them up.

The problem is the minority who run ahead of the tank and shoot everything in sight because ... well, a variety of odd reasons including "tank 2 slow" and "I can handle them" (with my growling pet) and "this is my first dungeon ever".
I've tanked groups with 3 hunters.

I've tanked groups with 3 warlocks.

/sigh
I don't touch misdirect in groups unless feign is on CD and something's gnawing on my face, and I've disengaged into the melee slush pile and whatever it is is STILL stuck on me.

I apologize for my overzealous brethren.
When I take my hunter in it's LW and crows. Pet AI is screwy in legion, barrage is screwy in legion and I don't like sidewinders. I do tab but to the mob that is already taking damage.

I don't try to pull new mobs into the pack.

And I'm not out to top the DPS charts.

Been playing hunter since day 1 of Vanilla.

It's not intentional.

Barrage also likes to seemingly extend its range, with values ranging from 100% to the entire dungeon and 360° around us.
12/27/2016 01:12 PMPosted by Lornirdin

It's not intentional.

Barrage also likes to seemingly extend its range, with values ranging from 100% to the entire dungeon and 360° around us.

The MM mastery doesnt help at all either = w=)
12/27/2016 12:56 PMPosted by Jasco
I'd understand that. But they are literally going out in front and pulling everything as if they were the tank. And the fact this happens more than often saddens me. I just saw a multiboxing hunter and i just left the dungeon.

you have been running into immature cowboy up players..
me? I was blessed with my oldest son teaching me the rights and wrongs in dungeons but even without his help, I know if I am going in as a team, to know your role, or go solo old dungeons
This thread confuses me, I thought it would be about the horrible mechanics that largely apply to MM pulling unintended targets.

Instead it's crying about something that literally all dps do when I'm on my tank alt. Maybe I've missed the memo this expansion and should be changing my behavior.
12/27/2016 01:13 PMPosted by Kurnlee
12/27/2016 01:12 PMPosted by Lornirdin

The MM mastery doesnt help at all either = w=)

Marksman was horrible when Legion started.. I now play a Beast Master...haven't tried my old fave MM since...
sometimes I wish I could play MM again just to be able to shoot mobs while flying until I drop in front of them lol ...however, I hated the barrage spec that I used to love that I could no longer use properly..
Please don't lump us all as one though; as someone has already mentioned previous, most of us are really not attempting to tank/pull, but there's a lot of things that tend to work against us.

Example of course is the TAB target at the moment as a whole, and for MM I believe it's barrage. For BM (my spec) the pet ai is awful broken to the point half the time you're dismissing and re summoning so they move/attack.

Sadly the class draws more fools than most, and they are the ones giving decent ones a really, really bad reputation that has been around for a long time. A lot of mistakes do and are bound to happen, but kindly don't let it ruin the entire 'bunch'. I should also mention that when I am tanking on my bear, I run into a lot more suicidal healers and/or other classes than others. Warlocks with their blueberry, demon hunters and their dash, boomkin and their starfall ... just to name a couple.

/two cents.
I am in a small guild but we have a great tank. I feel like I have learned from the best, and he taught me: always stay behind the tank and don't hit anything unless he already owns the aggro.

That being said, if we have multiple targets, I sometimes have to apologize if I tab target and pull the non-aggro yellow mob from the next room. Sigh.
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to lump all into one category of, "All hunters are Huntards." But the vast majority out weight the slim few and when you're a bit heated you tend to just write in extremes. Forgive me it was not my intention. I apologize.