New targeting system sucks!

General Discussion
"Jesus, really?". I say this like 20 times a day now. I hate this new targeting system. I always use tab targeting and this new system makes no sense to me. Someone told me theres a way to go back to the old system. How would i do that?
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752298526#post-1

There is a script command in there.

/console targetnearestuseold 1
I hope there is a way to go back. I hate targeting mobs BEHIND ME!!!!
The best targeting system they could implement is one that could read my mind, that way it always targeted the ones i meant the first time.

but what do i know about the complexities of programming a "good" targeting system/logic.
12/10/2016 12:21 AMPosted by Raampa
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752298526#post-1

There is a script command in there.

[quote]/console targetnearestuseold 1

Use 0 instead of 1. The console variable was reversed at some point and 0 gives the original tab targeting back.

/console TargetNearestUseOld 0
Ask anyone that's half-decent at the game and they'll tell you that the solution is to not use tab targetting, period. It doesn't matter how the target cycling works anyway, it will never be the most efficient way to target specific mobs that you want to target in different situations. Proper and efficient target switching is a "skill" in World of Warcraft, it's something you get better at as you play and practice, should you make a conscious effort.

I'm sure I'll be downvoted as every other time I put this answer out there, but there you go. There's your answer. They've changed tab targetting logic 100 million times and people always complain because they don't seem to grasp why a single-button cycle system will let you down by it's nature.
12/10/2016 12:17 AMPosted by Seledor
"Jesus, really?". I say this like 20 times a day now.

Yel. Hit tab to target a mob right in front of you...end up targeting Jesus.
Tab targeting is for mongs. So is WoW.