Remove Legendary (Equip) Cap

General Discussion
There's no reason to have it.

For people who push large amounts of content, it makes no sense to have legendary items gathering dust in the bank. People should be rewarded for playing the game.

Edit: For people saying it's protection against players who don't play getting too far ahead, those are extreme cases. I'm literally saying that it makes no sense to have 30+ days played and just have legendaries sitting the bank.

In some cases, there ARE NO SITUATIONS where you swap them out, some are simply that much better.
what?
No, !@#$ you

I have 20 days played and have one, while I know people with less that have 4

RNG is bull%^-*
It's to avoid people who have extremely good luck getting too far ahead from the people with only 1 or none. There's already a bunch of people complaining they don't have the right legendary, imagine the amount of outcry from people when they run across the person wearing 5.

The benefit for having multiple legendaries is you have different types for different situations/specs.
12/07/2016 11:21 AMPosted by Gforce
No, !@#$ you

RNG is bull%^-*

I have 35 days and have three. !@#$ you? What argument are you making?
12/07/2016 11:21 AMPosted by Sophex
It's to avoid people who have extremely good luck getting too far ahead from the people with only 1 or none. There's already a bunch of people complaining they don't have the right legendary, imagine the amount of outcry from people when they run across the person wearing 5.

The benefit for having multiple legendaries is you have different types for different situations/specs.

Unless you have legendaries that are simply better, and your other ones just gather dust.
Agreed you can only wear a couple pieces do what's it matter how many you get. Plus once the next expansion hits all that gear is not legendary anymore so who cares.

Rock on!
its unbalanced as it is and makes it unfair for those who fail with RNG.

Things they need to do to improve it:

1. Make legendaries affected by selected loot specialization (im afraid ill get one in tank/fury spec)

2. make them tradable for another. Even if it costs us currency
The current system is unbalanced and totally garbage, but again, i'm talking about a small % of grindy players. Why do I have a legendary in my bank that will never get put on?
12/07/2016 11:39 AMPosted by Juradon
its unbalanced as it is and makes it unfair for those who fail with RNG.

Things they need to do to improve it:

1. Make legendaries affected by selected loot specialization (im afraid ill get one in tank/fury spec)

2. make them tradable for another. Even if it costs us currency

its loot spec already
No, !@#$ you

RNG is bull%^-*

I like and am with this guy.
12/07/2016 11:46 AMPosted by Speno
No, !@#$ you

RNG is bull%^-*

I like and am with this guy.

I feel your pain. Guild healer has 4 and has 14 days played.

I'd be fine with a timelock on legendary's being equipped.
12/07/2016 11:41 AMPosted by Rueban

its loot spec already

Not unless something changed between now and Blizcon. They verified it's not tied to loot spec. Its the spec you are currently in when you open the cache or beat the boss. My monks loot spec is always on Windwalker. But I have a tanking legendary ring from opening the emissary cache right after I finished tanking an instance. My druid has a restoration ring even tho his loot spec was set to Balance. Because it's quicker and easier to get groups as a healer. I verified my loot spec was balance, opened the chest and got the Legendary that affects Wild Growth.
Replied to the wrong thread.
12/07/2016 11:57 AMPosted by Krefski
12/07/2016 11:41 AMPosted by Rueban

its loot spec already

Not unless something changed between now and Blizcon. They verified it's not tied to loot spec. Its the spec you are currently in when you open the cache or beat the boss. My monks loot spec is always on Windwalker. But I have a tanking legendary ring from opening the emissary cache right after I finished tanking an instance. My druid has a restoration ring even tho his loot spec was set to Balance. Because it's quicker and easier to get groups as a healer. I verified my loot spec was balance, opened the chest and got the Legendary that affects Wild Growth.

I assure you it is loot spec.
No, !@#$ you

RNG is bull%^-*

Not like you can wear it at level 100 anyway.
Maybe a compromise is to only be able to equip one class specific legendary without doing the necessary class hall upgrades. However, you could still equip maybe 2 other 'generic' legendaries?

I mean I got Aggramar's Stride as my first (a generic plate legendary) and then Thundergod's Vigor as my second for my main (prot) spec. It would be nice to be able to equip both, but if I got another warrior specific legendary then I would have to do the class hall upgrades before I could equip it.
12/07/2016 01:23 PMPosted by Averagetroll
No, !@#$ you

RNG is bull%^-*

Not like you can wear it at level 100 anyway.

He wasn't posting from his main. Look at the HToV achievement. But yeah, I totally agree with the Gnome.

Personally, I wish the Devs didn't bring back welfare Legendaries like Warglaives and Thori'dal. It would have been better if we had some that we had to build like Shadowmourne, Dragonwrath and the MoP cloaks.
As someone who just got my 5th legendary to drop, I disagree with removing the cap on legendaries. Its already bad enough that we have to keep farming stuff just to get the right legendary. We don't need to also have the carrot that says we can equip as many as we have therefore we should just farm until we have all 8 equippable for a spec.