You left me no choice Blizzard

Hunter
Casuals being listened to is how we ended up with a spec like BM. Their say does not matter, their input beyond "WHERES BOW CLASS" is irreverent.

I do agree with this somewhat. I don't think the class should be ungodly hard to play, but I agree if you spend time learning your class you [i]should[/] be rewarded. I consider myself a casual- where BM is at now is beyond even that. They designed BM for a 5 year old.
12/21/2016 08:43 AMPosted by Finalreqy
Dear Blizzard:

I have been playing Hunter since BC.

prove it
1:2 or 2:2

edit: if you say it depends on your auto attack timer I'm gunna lose my !@#$, you're an expose weakness bot or you're a hindrance to your group. AA timer doesn't change to that extent if you gear properly.

My bad, I actually started playing Hunter in Vanilla. I was thinking how I could best prove this (not that a give a $#!t what you think) and right behind me on the shelf is the original box

Here is an image: http://imgur.com/D7LSUAy

I started playing 20/8/2006, so my main memory of Vanilla is trying to level and Rogues keep ganking me and hence my hatred of Rogues still stands.
<span class="truncated">...</span>Not everyone who played back then paid enough attention to things like that. I know I didn't. I started when I was 11 during classic and can confirm I was really bad.

There's far too many wotlk/cata/mop babies running around. You don't get to claim BC exp; when talking about flaws in the current design if you can't answer that question. Similarly, you don't get to claim vanilla exp if you don't know what deadzone is.

The answer to that is also stupidly simple. Steady shot delayed your auto attack until it was finished, and if it's worth it to delay your auto attack for a steady shot, or not. If you have a 2.8 sec delay between autos and a 1.5 steady, you can do 1:2 and not delay it at all, or 2:2 and delay it by .2. Both answers are correct because there was a stupidly large amount of variables into 1:2 or 2:2. Rip hunter mechanics.

It's pretty easy to gripe about current mechanics, Alot of changes have been good. I don't think anyone really wants to have to buy thousands of arrows, only to run out on your 50th KJ attempt; and have to run back to kara to buy more. However, steady shot weaving could be a welcome return to the rather dull playstyle for BM, but it's removal was overall a good change. Too many people say they played XYZ, only to have 0 knowledge of its intricacies when talking about more mechanical changes.

i recall deadzone - the 3 yards between 5-8 that you could not melee or range.

having to buy ammo was rightly removed, as were things such as feeding your pet, if not it gets sad and runs off.

i am not saying that BC was without it faults, i played hundreds of 2v2 mana drain games with a druid, many lasting up to an hour. using a crab (if i recall correctly) to stack 5 times on healers, Viper Sting to drain them. the stupidity of two one-handers enchanted with +30 Intellect, then i could melee back to full mana within seconds.

I still have my Rippers, my favourite fist weapons.

but overall BC was great fun. something also that was not fair, but hilarious - Rogue vanish and sprints off , Hunter pet follows them all over the map and usually catches them. haha
12/21/2016 12:51 PMPosted by Finalreqy
12/21/2016 11:53 AMPosted by Lazyguide
...Oh, you mean the zone where I couldn't do jack from ranged or melee? A rather obvious mechanic for anyone who played back then?

For anyone who raided back then or did serious pvp, then these mechanics were something they clearly would know about. A lot of players back then didn't though because actually finding out and learning about those kinds of mechanics was harder due to information not being as easy to find as it is today.

I play more casually than I did in the past. I still keep up on class mechanics and how to play properly. I do not have the time to be pushing all of the high end content (guild wants to move into mythic raids, still lacking a player on average). I can tell you that yeah, the mechanics right now to the class feel bad. I could also explain to you why the mechanics back then weren't fun (they weren't exactly intuitive to the average player). That doesn't mean those people weren't classic / BC players, get off your high horse. Could they have been bad back then? Absolutely. Doesn't mean they suddenly weren't players back then which your initial post implies.

that is exactly what I mean. Last time i mentioned deadzone there were atleast a dozen who though I meant melee. As you said, they're very basic concepts and the lack of answers is enough to prove my point. Casuals who don't understand the mechanics, by your own words, that excludes you, should have no say in class design; that's how we ended up in this situation. I don't care about the average player. Gear shouldn't be the only way to improve your character. Doing the exact same thing with bigger numbers isn't rewarding. Seeing your DPS rise because you tried out something new, or figured out the intricacies in a class is. There's little to no room to improve your control of the character, and result in anything rewarding outside of PVP. Casuals being listened to is how we ended up with a spec like BM. Their say does not matter, their input beyond "WHERES BOW CLASS" is irreverent.

I'll also add in, !@#$ guides, players need to go back to learning the spec/class themselves instead of relying on others. I've seen too many arguments over mechanics that could be tested; and verified by the players arguing. Those are the some of the same people that are %^-*!ing about various changes and making threads like this.

Edit: @ the guy above me, the largest factor was bow speed, but not the only one. Both were correct. It's entirely possible that X best hunter in BC didn't know the real answer, just what gave him more damage based on his gear.
you mean the deadzone where a frost mage would root you stand on you toes and kill you while you watched because you couldnt do anything. Ya the goid ol days huh..no
Haha. Mages in the deadzone was annoying.

They removed the deadzone but we could still only use ranged at 5 yards. I must admit and liked the Melee And Range switches. Wing Clip slow, back to Range to pew pew.
12/21/2016 11:53 AMPosted by Lazyguide
12/21/2016 11:32 AMPosted by Finalreqy
Similarly, you don't get to claim vanilla exp if you don't know what deadzone is.
Oh, you mean the zone where I couldn't do jack from ranged or melee? A rather obvious mechanic for anyone who played back then?

For anyone who raided back then or did serious pvp, then these mechanics were something they clearly would know about. A lot of players back then didn't though because actually finding out and learning about those kinds of mechanics was harder due to information not being as easy to find as it is today.

I play more casually than I did in the past. I still keep up on class mechanics and how to play properly. I do not have the time to be pushing all of the high end content (guild wants to move into mythic raids, still lacking a player on average). I can tell you that yeah, the mechanics right now to the class feel bad. I could also explain to you why the mechanics back then weren't fun (they weren't exactly intuitive to the average player). That doesn't mean those people weren't classic / BC players, get off your high horse. Could they have been bad back then? Absolutely. Doesn't mean they suddenly weren't players back then which your initial post implies.

Eh, I started up in Vanilla, on this warrior as a matter of fact, on my server Barthilas. Back when Fury was pushing top DPS in MC.

I remember Saralonde running around killing horde in the open world even way back then. He was annoying actually, bit of an ego. But funny.
your not the only one, i made a forum on a similar topic a while back

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749376247?page=1
12/20/2016 07:12 PMPosted by Saralonde
Dear Blizzard:

I have been playing Hunter since Vanilla. With monthly subs, expansions, the odd dumb purchase from your shop, I have spent close to $2k.

I am your customer I demand a fair service. I do not wish to reroll. I do not wish to play a melee class, I tried MM and it felt too clunky (plus I just spent weeks on my Titanstrike). I want to fight baddies with my cat at my side like you promised. I just want to have fun, not get wrecked by other classes due to your incompetence.

To rub salt in the wounds, you made those disgusting Demon Hunters much better than us. At least give the real Hunters something to counter them, such as 100 yard shot that blows their brains out when they leap into the sky, haha, wishful thinking I know.

As BM, the following abilities have been removed:

- Traps: I can't slow, I can't CC and Exp Trap was a lot of fun and also very useful in PvP
- Camo: I need it more than ever so at least I get the jump on someone
- Pet buffs
- Master's Call
- CC in line with Mages, Druids, etc.
- Cheetah on a reasonable CC
- Dispel

And what do I get for losing all of this important utility... that's right Hati, the dumbest pet ever. ROFL.

Action speak louder than words. See ya: http://imgur.com/a/EDfAD
. I call BS, hunters have had it much worse than this, in vanilla you would go oom, I don't believe for a second you played vanilla or tbc if these are your complaints
12/21/2016 06:46 PMPosted by Vegitto
your not the only one, i made a forum on a similar topic a while back

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749376247?page=1

Welcome back Vegitto, figured you were gone for good this time, and I wouldn't have blamed you :/
When WoW released, I put down EQ, and EQ2, and made a hunter. From day one, I felt this connection with the pet, and the class. Hell I felt bad when I abandoned my first pet... What I've lost the most with this expansion is the connection with the pet. Yeah, I hate that we've lost a lot of abilities, etc, but the main thing for me was the connection with the pet, and the class. Don't get me wrong, I think Hati is a bad@$$ looking pet, but cannot stand that it's always out. I wish he'd of been part of the campaign as a quest pet, or just a rare BM only tame; not a full on 2nd pet that really gets annoying at times, esp with the bugs.

IMO, this spec has always been the connection, and bond with the pet. This expansion has really shattered that feeling. Not only that, but I honestly feel like Hunters go the crap end of the stick when it comes to ALL spell/ability animations and effects. Good lord an air punch for KC, and an animation for dire beast that inturrpts all other animations so we can whistle.....

It's the class I love, and the spec i'll always play as a main spec, but I am left feeling pretty empty this go-round....
12/22/2016 10:53 AMPosted by Powershell
12/20/2016 07:12 PMPosted by Saralonde
Dear Blizzard:

I have been playing Hunter since Vanilla. With monthly subs, expansions, the odd dumb purchase from your shop, I have spent close to $2k.

I am your customer I demand a fair service. I do not wish to reroll. I do not wish to play a melee class, I tried MM and it felt too clunky (plus I just spent weeks on my Titanstrike). I want to fight baddies with my cat at my side like you promised. I just want to have fun, not get wrecked by other classes due to your incompetence.

To rub salt in the wounds, you made those disgusting Demon Hunters much better than us. At least give the real Hunters something to counter them, such as 100 yard shot that blows their brains out when they leap into the sky, haha, wishful thinking I know.

As BM, the following abilities have been removed:

- Traps: I can't slow, I can't CC and Exp Trap was a lot of fun and also very useful in PvP
- Camo: I need it more than ever so at least I get the jump on someone
- Pet buffs
- Master's Call
- CC in line with Mages, Druids, etc.
- Cheetah on a reasonable CC
- Dispel

And what do I get for losing all of this important utility... that's right Hati, the dumbest pet ever. ROFL.

Action speak louder than words. See ya: http://imgur.com/a/EDfAD
. I call BS, hunters have had it much worse than this, in vanilla you would go oom, I don't believe for a second you played vanilla or tbc if these are your complaints

He nowhere said anything about vanilla or bc being perfect. I also have been playing since two weeks after the game launched. One doesn't need to pretend that vanilla was all hugs and kisses to recognize the current state of hunterhood is unacceptable.
I call BS, hunters have had it much worse than this, in vanilla you would go oom, I don't believe for a second you played vanilla or tbc if these are your complaints

I was a newb in Vanilla, BC was launched a few months later. in BC, when I went OOM, I used my two fist weapons each with +30 Int enchants and back to 100% in 5 secs.

This is the worst Hunters have even been. If you do not accept that, you're delusional.

get out of ma fred
12/22/2016 04:05 PMPosted by Saralonde
I call BS, hunters have had it much worse than this, in vanilla you would go oom, I don't believe for a second you played vanilla or tbc if these are your complaints

I was a newb in Vanilla, BC was launched a few months later. in BC, when I went OOM, I used my two fist weapons each with +30 Int enchants and back to 100% in 5 secs.

This is the worst Hunters have even been. If you do not accept that, you're delusional.

get out of ma fred

Agreed. I think a lot of people either don't know how bad they are now compared to previous iterations, or they just want to pretend they don't suck because they are the type that like sucking up to blizz.
I love the fact that we are called hunters and the only thing we can hunt are npcs. We cannot "hunt" another class. We get hunted by every class because they know we are utter garbage.
Fix hunters or get rid of the class
12/22/2016 04:47 PMPosted by Miian
Fix hunters or get rid of the class

Don't give them any ideas. It is blatantly obvious they do not know how, or do not care to bother to change what needs changing to fix us. I often wonder if getting rid of us entirely was their goal all along.
PvP ho hum more important problems to solve than PvP
I started playing wow in cataclysm At the age of 7, I loved playing BM because of all the buffs and the pets and just everything about it, now I'm. 13 and still playing BM but you're right they just completely destroyed the hunter class, I've grinded this game for four weeks to get to 110 and agains Ai's it's fine. But, in PvP we get horribly destroyed and as u said by demon hunters , they buffed they're guys so much and debuffed us in a terrible way , I agree with you completely
I have lost interest in my hunter as of Legion. As mentioned many on this thread it's just not enjoyable. It doesn't matter when you started playing, what matters is that you enjoyed the class.

BM feels to simplified. I find myself just waiting for Dire Beast, Kill Command and Bestial Wrath to come off cooldown. And Hati is clearly !@#$ed.

MM use to feel epic. Like you were a legit sniper. Now it just feels slow and uninspired. I hate that you are forced to take Sidewinders because it's the only viable option, and how they made the animation for Barrage spray everywhere so you can't tell if you are pulling extra adds. I hate that our main mechanic Marked shot is a god damn proc!

SV is just overwhelming... I have only tried it on training dummies because I hate it, but it's just too much! Too many thing happening, too many buttons to press, too many cooldowns to watch. They need to take some of the SV abilities and give it to BM so that it feels less boring.

I !@#$ING MISS GLAIVE TOSS! AND THE NEW VOLLEY IS %^-*!

I hope they do fix hunters and make them enjoyable again otherwise I may also quit wow as I don't find any other class enjoyable either.
Revert hunter back to Cata-Legion, apply the same for many other classes. Let us press buttons again and have a higher skill cap with utility/dmg.