All casuals quit?

Arenas
q into a bunch of arena masters and dewlists lately at 1.7mmr. Average 2-3 mins per queue what the actual fuk?
Not only are PvP rewards at an all-time low but casuals gain absolutely nothing from arenas so... makes sense.

At least in WoD they got CP and bought pretty decent gear.
Well why play arena? They can do PvE, get better gear, it's easier, and it works just as well as PvP gear. Then they can queue up skirms and random bg's for fun.
12/30/2016 07:41 AMPosted by Slobberz
Well why play arena? They can do PvE, get better gear, it's easier, and it works just as well as PvP gear. Then they can queue up skirms and random bg's for fun.

Slobberz, here's the problem. There are people like me who have played the game since BC and only PVP. We don't want to PVE. So when we do arena all season and get RNG gear, 5 rings in a row with no upgrades and then now with the title changes it's impossible for me to get any titles. I've usually played at the duelist rank. There are no rewards for casual pvpers besides getting low ilvl rng gear. That's not fun. At least with vendors they could buy the best pvp gear available by participating in PVP and getting conquest. Now it's just oh we are gonig to keep giving you neck pieces after you already have a legendary neck.... Thanks bliz
12/30/2016 07:54 AMPosted by Yoloprune

Slobberz, here's the problem. There are people like me who have played the game since BC and only PVP. We don't want to PVE. So when we do arena all season and get RNG gear, 5 rings in a row with no upgrades and then now with the title changes it's impossible for me to get any titles. I've usually played at the duelist rank. There are no rewards for casual pvpers besides getting low ilvl rng gear. That's not fun. At least with vendors they could buy the best pvp gear available by participating in PVP and getting conquest. Now it's just oh we are gonig to keep giving you neck pieces after you already have a legendary neck.... Thanks bliz

lol I completely agree....I was just giving the reason why I think there's less casuals doing rated arena.
killing off pvp means you are wasting 10+ years of development. Use brain before making decisions pls blizzard
Arena Master and Duelist titles aren't worth much. Nothing to be scared of. Majority of people got them years ago. Chances of being washed up are high. It's also account wide, it could be their 3rd alt class which they haven't even been remotely close to 2200 on.
12/30/2016 09:06 AMPosted by Doragød
Arena Master and Duelist titles aren't worth much. Nothing to be scared of. Majority of people got them years ago. Chances of being washed up are high. It's also account wide, it could be their 3rd alt class which they haven't even been remotely close to 2200 on.

Um it means they're masters of arena hello? Not bachelors of arena or associates, masters

not saying it means much or anything but arent pvp titles except r1 require you to be active in previous season? Just an observation that there are more tryhards in lower brackets since wod and at this point its really fked up.

Back in cata/mop you can queue into people who had no idea about their classes up to 2.2k

As it should have always been.

Arena is not meant for casuals, RBG's are not meant for casuals, PVP is just about who is the better player not who has the best gear
Gear might have something to do with but atmosphere is the big problem. Throughout the years most casuals I played with quit because of the toxic atmosphere. People cheating and exploiting the arena scene in the name of making money off it.
Casuals have no interest in paying someone to hang out with them. They have no interest in being a punching bag all the time. They have no interest in being insulted all the time.
12/30/2016 09:22 AMPosted by Cucklolx

not saying it means much or anything but arent pvp titles except r1 require you to be active in previous season? Just an observation that there are more tryhards in lower brackets since wod and at this point its really fked up.

Back in cata/mop you can queue into people who had no idea about their classes up to 2.2k

Arena does not require activity from recent season. I'm not sure about the Arena titles. I have still a few heros on a few characters. When I first noticed this, I believed it to have been because I faction changed just after the rewards were distributed. May be a bug.
E.g my Spriest from WoD S1 still has Hero.

You can still que into those sorts of people.
I mean you can get some friends and run mythic keystone dungeons for 860-870 loot with a chance to rng up in item levels and generally have a fun time.

Or you can slam your head into arenas slowly trying to crawl to 2k+ so you can get loot that isn't a complete joke, but probably will be considering they almost always roll horrible stats if it isn't just a duplicate.

Weren't only like 3% of the playerbase even higher than 2k last season? I know a !@#$load more people who have killed Mythic Xavius compared to that.
12/30/2016 07:36 AMPosted by Cucklolx
q into a bunch of arena masters and dewlists lately at 1.7mmr. Average 2-3 mins per queue what the actual fuk?

Ive met lotsa them on my que session yest too on 1.7k mmr. Its a good practice session tbh.
12/30/2016 09:40 AMPosted by Herroy

Arena is not meant for casuals, RBG's are not meant for casuals, PVP is just about who is the better player not who has the best gear

Yes, skill should be the deciding factor, but that doesn't mean the casual or less skilled players can't enjoy arena and progress their character in various ways through it.

RIght now the pyramid has collapsed their is no "casual crowd" for the new comers to join into, its straight into the sharks pool; which immediately is a big turn off for them and when there is no carrot to chase on top of that the choice to stop trying to get into pvp is an easy one.
I used to play arena. I used to like it, regardless of being terrible.

Then they moved incentive away from arena. (I'm not naturally competitive so I don't go out of my way to be put into that environment.)

Then they made it so you literally had no reason to play arena unless you were pushing rating because gear rewards were abysmal and sub-par to PVE and only obtainable through high rating.

Then I didn't do any arena.
12/30/2016 09:40 AMPosted by Herroy

Reality is not everyone is gonna be glad level, there will be some who are low rated and unskilled and it is fine.

Its like tellin me dota isnt for casual and if you are not competing in LAN tournaments or anything that has a prize,, u may as well alt+f4 and uninstall. It doesnt even make the slightest sense tbh.

The way it is now, arena NEEDS MORE casuals participating and its good because beginners can practice vs someone of their own skill level rather than vs-in washed up duelist/arena masters on their alt on their FIRST q session.
There was a thread a bit back that kinda addressed that the rewards for both PVE and PVP are similar, but in PVP there's no real way to go backwards in progress. Even if you wipe on something you just release, heal up and do it again.
In Arena a few wipes can knock you down 100 rating and obliterate any morale you're team had.

I'm not saying that you should always just win rating, but it does make Arena far more risk for pretty much no reward. The worst thing that can happen in PVE is you might deplete a keystone from wiping or sloppy pulls.
12/30/2016 10:43 AMPosted by Wetrobrute
I used to play arena. I used to like it, regardless of being terrible.

Then they moved incentive away from arena. (I'm not naturally competitive so I don't go out of my way to be put into that environment.)

Then they made it so you literally had no reason to play arena unless you were pushing rating because gear rewards were abysmal and sub-par to PVE and only obtainable through high rating.

Then I didn't do any arena.

Exactly lol. The game is a virtual skinner box and people aren't going to press the PvP lever when the PvE lever gives a better treat and it's easier to get. Remember when everyone was doing the acorn world quest and it took you 20 minutes to find a squirrel? Well it wasn't because the quest was fun.
If it makes you feel any better, I'm one of those "washed up" arena masters.

I got glad in S4, 6, 8 (not R1), Arena titles like Gladiator is a title that you "lose" (not the achievement, but the title) each season, but Arena Master prevails.

I'm washed up but consider myself to have much better situational awareness than 80% (?) of the PvP player base. I don't need 20 add-ons to tell me that someone just kicked or popped evasion. I can see it. Yet… the very few games I queued at 1500-1800 mmr I didn't see a big difference vs. other players (granted 99% of the times was with randoms and no voice), but still… maybe it's just me.

I must be bad in this new meta game.