All casuals quit?

Arenas
a feedback from my friend who never done any arena before (and he's like master elo in KR ladder):
"the skillcap of this game is extremely low compared to league/dota, not sure about tournament level but it's dull to watch both visually and depth of the game. Mechanics are too simple, poor map design such as there is only 1 map with some effects (was talking about waterfall in dalaran sewer)
12/30/2016 09:51 AMPosted by Doragød
12/30/2016 09:22 AMPosted by Cucklolx

not saying it means much or anything but arent pvp titles except r1 require you to be active in previous season? Just an observation that there are more tryhards in lower brackets since wod and at this point its really fked up.

Back in cata/mop you can queue into people who had no idea about their classes up to 2.2k

Arena does not require activity from recent season. I'm not sure about the Arena titles. I have still a few heros on a few characters. When I first noticed this, I believed it to have been because I faction changed just after the rewards were distributed. May be a bug.
E.g my Spriest from WoD S1 still has Hero.

You can still que into those sorts of people.

Actually it does require activity to keep your titles, except for rank 1 titles.
You only keep the title for the next season unless you earn it again.
12/30/2016 11:11 AMPosted by Nevaehshear
Actually it does require activity to keep your titles, except for rank 1 titles.

You don't keep Challenger, Rival, Duelist, Gladiator or the RBG titles.

You do keep Arena Master and R1 titles.

I know this, because I only have Arena Master, yet I was Hero of the Horde and Gladiator seasons ago. I don't have challenger (which I'm sure I got too, seasons ago).
So heres my take on Legion PvP. I used to be solely a PvPer during my past times playing WoW. I stopped playing about half way through MoP and I, for the most part, solely PvPed. Having finally gotten back into WoW because of Legion, I have zero will to do Arenas again. I do RBGs with my guild but there is nothing pushing me towards doing Arenas.

I do know that comps are extremely mongoloid right now, which if people can remember, happens every expansion during the first season, usually. This is solely because its much harder to balance caster classes, number-wise, and melee also usually have a lot of added damage through auto-attacks, which casters dont. But in all honesty that is not whats keeping me from doing Arenas, its the fact that win trading is far more prevalent in Legion than it ever was, I know that when queuing at times there are literally only 3 or 4 teams queuing as well. There is no team diversity at higher ratings and the way Legion PvP is atm with cookie-cutter templates and ability pruning just adds to that mentality of people playing the same comps. Dont get me wrong, its always been like that in different ways but in past expansions even when you see mirror comps there was always a little bit of spice to everyones play-style by changing some talents etc. Thats not really a thing anymore and I hate RNG gear as well, it was a terrible compromise, adding RNG to everything from PvP gear drops to Class Abilities or Class Stats (Destro Mastery), is extremely annoying. Also I have been really enjoying PvE in Legion surprisingly, maybe its just because I am older and am less competitive now.
2 days ago I logged in to play some arena, spent about 2 hours and couldn't find a similar CR team to just go mongo some stuff at ~1700 rating on FDK. Ended up playing like 45 minutes with some 1500ish people before going to sleep.

I only even log on a few times a week since account has like 8 game time tokens on it, but spending about 3x as much time finding players to play instead of actually playing at very low rating is pretty sad.
Yep almost none of my guildies do arenas anymore. What's the point of playing a lot of games where you have to play a spec you don't enjoy to be competitive (I have a few BM hunter friends lol). You do all this to get 840/845 ilvl gear?

A few mythic + is easier, faster and better gear. Bleh I hate to say it but we need Dem casuals ... You get more random comps and it's actually fun to play alts.

Revert all PvP gearing changes please. :(
12/30/2016 07:36 AMPosted by Cucklolx
q into a bunch of arena masters and dewlists lately at 1.7mmr. Average 2-3 mins per queue what the actual fuk?

It's how Blizzard is trying to kill PVP which in turn will kill the game. They have not learned since 2004 to never bite the hand that feeds you....
12/30/2016 11:06 AMPosted by Cucklolx
a feedback from my friend who never done any arena before (and he's like master elo in KR ladder):
"the skillcap of this game is extremely low compared to league/dota, not sure about tournament level but it's dull to watch both visually and depth of the game. Mechanics are too simple, poor map design such as there is only 1 map with some effects (was talking about waterfall in dalaran sewer)

There uses to be maps with effects but they were removed due to being universally reviled.

Gosh i remember how my pet would constantly kill itself on those stupid fire walls in org arena. Worst design ever
if u wanna q into casuals who have no idea what theyre doing u have to q 2s instead of 3s
I mean, i hate to sound like a douche but didn't the high rated arena community continuously call casual players out for being bad and braindead and that their opinions were detrimental to game design? Well, you guys now get what you want and everyone who isn't 2.1k+ exp has stopped queuing 3s. You now no longer have to deal with bad 1500exp players, just bad 2.2k exp players!
most (certainly not all) people with arena master titles aren't that good at the game tbh, they were back in the day or took advantage of WoD carry groups bout it though..
I lost a lot of interest when Add-ons and macros became essential. Look at any streamer, and most buttons are macro'd and add-ons tell you everything. You have no need to watch for trinks or CC Gladius or Omni -cc will tell you. People complain about Blizz numbing down the game, yet fail to see how they themselves have numbed it down. Bring back buffs like lesser invis and underwater breathe for dispel protection and such. Can we also look at ourselves and all our add-ons and macros that 'make life easier'. Which is essentially what you are complaining that Blizz has done. Hypocrisy thy name is you
12/30/2016 11:14 AMPosted by Neurus
12/30/2016 11:11 AMPosted by Nevaehshear

You don't keep Challenger, Rival, Duelist, Gladiator or the RBG titles.

You do keep Arena Master and R1 titles.

I know this, because I only have Arena Master, yet I was Hero of the Horde and Gladiator seasons ago. I don't have challenger (which I'm sure I got too, seasons ago).

That's what I said O-o
12/30/2016 04:38 PMPosted by Mookei
I lost a lot of interest when Add-ons and macros became essential. Look at any streamer, and most buttons are macro'd and add-ons tell you everything. You have no need to watch for trinks or CC Gladius or Omni -cc will tell you. People complain about Blizz numbing down the game, yet fail to see how they themselves have numbed it down. Bring back buffs like lesser invis and underwater breathe for dispel protection and such. Can we also look at ourselves and all our add-ons and macros that 'make life easier'. Which is essentially what you are complaining that Blizz has done. Hypocrisy thy name is you

gladius doesnt play the game for u.

That addon is a necessity cause default ui sucks.

That is nothing compared to dbm or the fact that you can read up on boss abilities in dungeon journal.
seen many noobs with arena master
Noob cruisin' LFG while quein skirms. Everyone in queue wants that CR and XP. Guess as a noob i have to start the random for fun groups and grind out 1k games before i get to the good stuff =x