RIP PVP 35+ Traits Enabled

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 26 Next
So I'm assuming this horrible change went live today
01/10/2017 09:35 AMPosted by Serval

It did indeed. Hoping the massive outcry will get it reversed quickly.
01/09/2017 01:34 PMPosted by Serval
get motivated LOL yea just grind 54 traits on multiple characters just no life it to stay competitive..

Or, you know, maybe focus on just one. Most people aren't at 54 yet. Most are still in their 30's and low 40's. It's a bit early to work yourself into a panic. Do the AP world quests, daily heroic, daily bg, and run LFR once a week. If you're a PVP-er (and it sounds like you are), then you'll still get AP from winning BGs and Arena.

If you're diffusing your points into multiple specs, like I am, or working on multiple toons, then you're not going to be as far along as someone who has spent her entire time focused on one spec, nor should you expect to be.
My friends that were thinking of returning to the game won't touch this game with a 10 foot pole now.

On top of that I've already been waiting in 5 minute skirm queues, 20+ minute BG queues, and finding new partners is hard enough.

The 35+ ninja change made entry level players look at this game with EVEN MORE disgust. I did not think it was possible to ignore feedback as badly as the PVP design team has in the past, but again I am proven wrong.
01/10/2017 09:59 AMPosted by Cürley
01/09/2017 01:34 PMPosted by Serval
get motivated LOL yea just grind 54 traits on multiple characters just no life it to stay competitive..

Or, you know, maybe focus on just one. Most people aren't at 54 yet. Most are still in their 30's and low 40's. It's a bit early to work yourself into a panic. Do the AP world quests, daily heroic, daily bg, and run LFR once a week. If you're a PVP-er (and it sounds like you are), then you'll still get AP from winning BGs and Arena.

If you're diffusing your points into multiple specs, like I am, or working on multiple toons, then you're not going to be as far along as someone who has spent her entire time focused on one spec, nor should you expect to be.

brother you're missing the whole point this completely ruins plays multiple classes in pvp your stuck to one if you want to be competitive how would you like it if you could on play one class in pve
Awful change

I don't even PVP, this is bad for both communities, a lot of raiders absolutely hate the AP grind as well and this just reinforces blizzard doesn't give af

01/10/2017 10:04 AMPosted by Serval
brother you're missing the whole point this completely ruins plays multiple classes in pvp your stuck to one if you want to be competitive how would you like it if you could on play one class in pve

We do only play 1 class in PVE. If you play 2, you do the grind twice. But yes, we hate this system just as much as you.
I am really glad I'm one of those players that invests all their time into one toon. I am casual but I'll have 40+ in my primary spec soon. If I were playing an alt or multiple alts.... forget it. I wouldn't be able to be competitive even in random BGs. I truly feel bad for people who enjoy playing alts, my wife is one of those people with 12 max level toons she alternates. Her hp pool is so low in pvp she needn't bother even zoning into a bg or arena skirmish. Despite the changes to help alts with artifact power I think alts are dead for all but the most dedicated of players. Legion is not real life friendly unless you devote your time to one or maybe two specs on a single toon.
01/10/2017 10:13 AMPosted by Dimble
I am really glad I'm one of those players that invests all their time into one toon. I am casual but I'll have 40+ in my primary spec soon. If I were playing an alt or multiple alts.... forget it. I wouldn't be able to be competitive even in random BGs. I truly feel bad for people who enjoy playing alts, my wife is one of those people with 12 max level toons she alternates. Her hp pool is so low in pvp she needn't bother even zoning into a bg or arena skirmish. Despite the changes to help alts with artifact power I think alts are dead for all but the most dedicated of players. Legion is not real life friendly unless you devote your time to one or maybe two specs on a single toon.

Unfortunately you're totally correct, alts in Legion are painful unless you can dedicate your life to WoW. The AK catch-up should help a lot, but not enough (still need so much WQ grinding).

On the other hand, this 35-54 trait change isn't going to make much difference in this regard. Your wife's low geared alts will still have as much trouble against 54-trait PvPers as against 34-trait PvPers.
Why are the devs completely silent on this?
Omg, please revert.
01/10/2017 10:41 AMPosted by Eslin
Why are the devs completely silent on this?

can't even get a reply because they know they screwed up and the community is going crazy theres already a Reddit post about this that went Viral
They are not active in rated pvp supposedly , and thats fine. However if they did activate in rated then thats not fine, there are ratings and titles etc at stake

can't even get a reply because they know they screwed up and the community is going crazy theres already a Reddit post about this that went Viral

The community always goes crazy, go ingame hit up a rated game and see for yourself if they are or not. People do tend to jump the gun without checking. So check and then come back and tell us.
What the hell was blizzard thinking. Once you earn it on one toon it should be unlocked on all toons. Think about it, who wants to bother leveling a toon, getting it geared etc.. Once you reach max level all alts creat at max level with matching class and spec appropriate gear based on your main. Talents too. This has to be the new way of things!
01/10/2017 10:02 AMPosted by Leviholyswag
On top of that I've already been waiting in 5 minute skirm queues, 20+ minute BG queues, and finding new partners is hard enough.

Is it really that surprising when you think about it?.. I mean who on earth is going to want to touch instanced pvp right now with the trait change making it to live?

Not very many people.
IF they want to keep this change it needs to be 35+ Traits enabled in NON RATED PVP
01/10/2017 11:20 AMPosted by Serval
IF they want to keep this change it needs to be 35+ Traits enabled in NON RATED PVP

Its supposed to be that way, but for some reason people are screaming and yet no one has tested it and come back to say its active in 3's 5's or RBG's.

Sooo what up people, dont sit there screaming without answering the question.

Update!

If what these guys are saying is right then get out the torches and pitchforks.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752620851?page=1#post-6
<span class="truncated">...</span>
More damage = more fun?
Do you feel the need to grind more to gain extra power because you're bad at the game or what?
lol i put time into my weapon if you havent thats your problem now get off of here and get grinding or die in pvp lol

Edit: also go ahead and down vote my post just goes to show how much you pvpers cry cause you failed at farming for AP which isnt hard to get at all..*git gud* as they say :)

I hate the word "entitlement", but this guy is the perfect example. And he's the demographic that Blizzard wants in casual pvp: raiders who can one shot noobs to get easy, meaningless achieves, because all the pvpers who were told not to level up their weapons past 34 can no longer compete and will never catch up. And will quit.

A raider told me at the end of wod that changes to pvp were meant to be a perk to raiders for being good little grinders and following orders well. I'm guessing that was just an opinion on their part, but clearly it has turned out to be true.

You failed as a human being. And since you need special accommodations to wipe noobs in pvp, you failed at that too.

01/10/2017 09:51 AMPosted by Eslin
01/10/2017 09:35 AMPosted by Serval

It did indeed. Hoping the massive outcry will get it reversed quickly.

It's not outcry from pvpers who can suddenly no longer play their own content that will make them change. It depends entirely on whether people who no longer have any part of the game to play will quit in sufficient numbers to get their attention.
[quote="207509110682"]...Most are still in their 30's and low 40's. It's a bit early to work yourself into a panic.

I guarantee you most people are in the 20s.
01/09/2017 01:36 PMPosted by Serval
01/09/2017 01:35 PMPosted by Zemil
Lol the pick one and go. Thinking you should be strong on all alts compared to a persons main is stupid and idiotic.

IT'S PVP YOU IDIOT IT SHOULD BE BALANCED AND BASED OFF SKILL NOT NO LIFERS GRINDING AP

did you just make that up.
PvP is based on crushing your opponent, not papercuts.
You have a life ,great, then take PvP beatings, you can't have both.
01/09/2017 01:33 PMPosted by Zemil
So get motivated and get more traits instead of crying.