RIP PVP 35+ Traits Enabled

General Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15 26 Next
01/10/2017 11:33 AMPosted by Anderrinn
[quote]
...Most are still in their 30's and low 40's. It's a bit early to work yourself into a panic.

I guarantee you most people are in the 20s.

I think the median age in the population is closer to 40.

You'll need a link to data showing that most people who play wow are in their 20's. Or you made it up.

You'll need a link to data showing that most people who play wow are in their 20's. Or you made it up.

ages doesn't matter, it's disposition.
I had a 11 year old who lead raid groups, who was a mature as any adult.
The community once had a hardier disposition, the current is by and large a whining, lazy one.
01/09/2017 01:36 PMPosted by Careyna
I thought the whole point of the "pvp char templates" was to avoid issues like this....

It was, but then they decided to say FCK it and flush the concept down the toilet.

/Cancelled
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought he was talking about artifact rank? Like a rank in the 20's etc.
Edit: just went back and reread original part of post. Definitely talking about artifact rank.
Honestly how did this get approved? Horrific change.
I guess all the PvPers will leave now. Man I was just starting to enjoy their comments in AB when we are losing about how stupid everyone else is and that we should die in a fire.
Going to see if this stupid change gets fixed or I'm unsubbing as soon as it runs out.
Blah blah blah is all I can say, it s not a big deal at all.
Character progression is a core element of World of Warcraft, and that includes PvP. In Legion, empowering your Artifact to become stronger is a key part of character progression. When Artifact Knowledge levels were low at the beginning of the expansion, we deactivated the 35+ Artifact Traits in instanced PvP to avoid having large power gaps when compared to players who hadn't made much progress on their Artifact yet.

In Patch 7.1.5, we added several methods that allow players to catch up their Artifact progression very quickly. Brand new players can advance up to Artifact Knowledge level 15 without any research time, and existing players can mail Artifact Knowledge Compendiums to alts, which immediately bring them as high as level 20. At this point, the power gap between a player with 35+ traits in their Artifact and a player just starting out is significantly less of a concern, as the gap can be closed very rapidly. For those reasons, we felt that Patch 7.1.5 was the right time to re-open Artifact progression to PvPers who had already earned the first 34 traits.

However, we did not communicate this change (and its purpose) with enough advance notice to allow players to effectively prepare for it. Furthermore, while the improvements in Patch 7.1.5 make it much easier to unlock those final traits for new players or alternate characters, they weren't available until today. While we still believe activating these traits is the correct choice for World of Warcraft PvP, the middle of an ongoing season is not the right time to make this change.

As of a few minutes ago, we've applied a hotfix that once again disables the 35+ Artifact Traits in instanced PvP on North American and Oceanic servers. In other regions, this hotfix will be applied with the patch. The 35+ Artifact Traits will remain disabled for Legion PvP Season 2.

Once Season 3 begins, we'll re-enable them. Note that Patch 7.2 will include some further expansions to the Artifact system that will make it highly valuable to have spent some Artifact Power on those traits (another reason we feel it's important that they be enabled in PvP). We'll have more details to share on those changes once Patch 7.2 has begun its public testing phase.

Thanks for your feedback and understanding on this topic.
01/10/2017 01:30 PMPosted by Ornyx
As of a few minutes ago, we've applied a hotfix that once again disables the 35+ Artifact Traits in instanced PvP on North American and Oceanic servers. In other regions, this hotfix will be applied with the patch. The 35+ Artifact Traits will remain disabled for Legion PvP Season 2.

I'm sure a lot of people will be happy with this.

Once Season 3 begins, we'll re-enable them. Note that Patch 7.2 will include some further expansions to the Artifact system that will make it highly valuable to have spent some Artifact Power on those traits (another reason we feel it's important that they be enabled in PvP). We'll have more details to share on those changes once Patch 7.2 has begun its public testing phase.

And at the very least people will have time to prepare for this.
Thanks Ornyx for the communication on this matter. It would however not be a problem if Artifact traits fully unlocked and all gear scaled to an ilvl of 875 (or there abouts) inside rated instanced PvP.

None the less I'm thankful for the temporary reprieve.
Note that Patch 7.2 will include some further expansions to the Artifact system that will make it highly valuable to have spent some Artifact Power on those traits (another reason we feel it's important that they be enabled in PvP). We'll have more details to share on those changes once Patch 7.2 has begun its public testing phase.

Maybe too early to explain, but do you mean holding onto AP to dump into new said traits or to keep increasing the one unlocked at 35+?

Y THO

Please at the very least include a buff for tanks in there - they're absolute bottom tier in PvP at the moment, and getting +30% armour where other classes are getting a far more useful +15% damage is going to hurt them badly.
Someone posted a screenshot on the bg forums that 35+ wasn't enabled in arenas, so there is that.

No, thank you! <3
A hotfix soon after the patch, topkek
Thank you Ornyx. Now we should make a bonfire with all the pamphlets we got from the doomsayers.
Character progression is a core element of World of Warcraft, and that includes PvP. In Legion, empowering your Artifact to become stronger is a key part of character progression. When Artifact Knowledge levels were low at the beginning of the expansion, we deactivated the 35+ Artifact Traits in instanced PvP to avoid having large power gaps when compared to players who hadn't made much progress on their Artifact yet.

In Patch 7.1.5, we added several methods that allow players to catch up their Artifact progression very quickly. Brand new players can advance up to Artifact Knowledge level 15 without any research time, and existing players can mail Artifact Knowledge Compendiums to alts, which immediately bring them as high as level 20. At this point, the power gap between a player with 35+ traits in their Artifact and a player just starting out is significantly less of a concern, as the gap can be closed very rapidly. For those reasons, we felt that Patch 7.1.5 was the right time to re-open Artifact progression to PvPers who had already earned the first 34 traits.

However, we did not communicate this change (and its purpose) with enough advance notice to allow players to effectively prepare for it. Furthermore, while the improvements in Patch 7.1.5 make it much easier to unlock those final traits for new players or alternate characters, they weren't available until today. While we still believe activating these traits is the correct choice for World of Warcraft PvP, the middle of an ongoing season is not the right time to make this change.

I'm fine with you doing this honestly, but when you make no mention of it for months of PTR then drop the bomb on us 24 hours before the patch goes live, you can see where we get angry/frustrated...

Called it. Reverted but coming back later. Because WoW without grinding is apparently blasphemy.

If Character Progression is a core element, why did you make gear all but useless? Contradictory.

Even with advance notice this would have been a terrible change. 7.2 when the new traits are released would have been the proper time to open up 35+ in PvP.