Low Ilvl = Bad Player?

General Discussion
12/19/2016 04:16 PMPosted by Awkward
Except people have accounted for that. The "curve" is an ever moving thing that you have to stay ahead of. It's why people ask for 875-880+, because even non-Heroic/Mythic raiders can fairly easily obtain 870 ilvl.

THat's my point upping the iLvL is really nothing with the over abundance of RNG this expansion . Just the right drop and a person is up there . It doesn't mean they know what they are doing . It just shows they got gear .
all the good players

read social engineering skills
879 checking in. Trying to get invited to a group is a pain in the butt, so I just don't bother with Mythic/Mythic+ anymore unless I'm joining a guild run. Tis a sad day when 879 is too low :(
It depends on what you call a bad player.
If your saying people will low ilevel stand in the fire, pull the wrong groups and make a mess of the dungeon then I disagree.

If your saying people will a low Ilevel do bad dps then I agree.
Don't pat yourself too hard on the back for your dps... its 75% gear dependent.
It takes almost no skill to crank out chart toppers if your class, spec and gear are built to the cookie cutter.
12/19/2016 04:21 PMPosted by Weidmann
Except people have accounted for that. The "curve" is an ever moving thing that you have to stay ahead of. It's why people ask for 875-880+, because even non-Heroic/Mythic raiders can fairly easily obtain 870 ilvl.

THat's my point upping the iLvL is really nothing with the over abundance of RNG this expansion . Just the right drop and a person is up there . It doesn't mean they know what they are doing . It just shows they got gear .

No you don't understand. You don't get a high item level by luck it requires many runs to get good titanforged pieces in every slot.
12/19/2016 03:47 PMPosted by Grypz
This far into the expansion, unless you're an alt and you are still sub 860 item level, it seems that generally you are a bad player

Or maybe, just maybe, you don't play a lot. Maybe you are just barely dinging 110 having finally joined the expansion.

Lot's of reasons people will have toons under 860 that have NOTHING to do with "lacking" skill.

But why am I even bothering responding to an obvious troll post?
I have had more 870+ people ruin runs than 840-

By a very large margin.
My 860 blood dk gets invited all the time even for M+ up to 5.

Mind you i have endless which helps, people always comment on it even more so on my lock which has endless and silver tanking. You could try that since it shows up when you queue.

Gives people a lot more confidence that you are not one of those people that needs to out gear content so drastically to win.

I know PG is a pain but its helped me.
12/19/2016 05:19 PMPosted by Junknthtrunk

By a very large margin.

What do you think it is about having a low item level that makes these 840 players so darn good at the game?
12/19/2016 04:06 PMPosted by Grypz
12/19/2016 04:02 PMPosted by Bigbuffetboy

Hmm...

So you think a good player with low ILevel can do damage equal to a geared player?

No. That's not what I'm saying. But when an 830 tank is nearly beating an 855 dps, they are doing something wrong.

LOL
It's not unusal to see Tanks with more DPS than DPS class. If I have a tank that isn't close to my damage then I likely have a bad tank! Check out the computer generated DPS Meters and you'll note that number three and four on the list are both TANK class, not DPS! PVE and PVP
All my alts are <860, but that has nothing to do with my playing ability, it has to do with my (un)willingness to play the way you have to go higher. Gear level is not my game, playing is my game; killing time, having fun. After nearly 12 years (in 6 days) I just don't care about group content anymore, especially raiding.

So, no the equation is wrong. Oh, and the attitude sucks.
12/19/2016 04:12 PMPosted by Vixie
Can we beat this dungeon/instance with this group? Are the adds getting dead? Is the boss health coming down when the mechanics allow? Are the players staying alive and not giving the healer a heart-attack? Is the tank, tanking? Did everyone get their loot/quest objective/achievement done?

Mythic dungeons drop 840 gear its designed for a 825 group

An 860 ilvl is more than capable of doing the dungeon
Wow the OP if on his own world. I've been playing for a long time, been a causal the last 3 xpacs. I run Zero dungeons and do Zero LFR. All my toons are at our under 860...does this mean I'm bad? He assumes everybody that plays this game farms dungeons like he does? Some of us are just burnt out from the endless grind and just do our own thing these days. This game has turned toxic with all the QQ, ridiculous pug standards and just plain ignorance.
12/19/2016 05:25 PMPosted by Verbatim

By a very large margin.

What do you think it is about having a low item level that makes these 840 players so darn good at the game?

Could it be understanding mechanics
871-874 ilvl depending on gear I use. 500k-1.1m dps on bosses depending on the fight and the other peoples dps and I get declined a lot because my ilvl isnt high enough. What bugs me the most is I know I can out dps most 880-885 players but the person that's looking for more doesn't know that and all they see is a gear number.

By a very large margin.

Most likely because you don't invite 840- people?
Wow op, you noticed a correlation between gear and performance.

Amazing.

I wonder what could possibly cause that correlation
This just in: More powerful equipment makes you do more damage!!
12/19/2016 06:07 PMPosted by Laggspike
This just in: More powerful equipment makes you do more damage!!

I've also noticed level 110's do more damage than level 10's.

Clearly it's because level 110's are better players!
12/19/2016 05:31 PMPosted by Dezzars
<span class="truncated">...</span>
No. That's not what I'm saying. But when an 830 tank is nearly beating an 855 dps, they are doing something wrong.

LOL
It's not unusal to see Tanks with more DPS than DPS class. If I have a tank that isn't close to my damage then I likely have a bad tank! Check out the computer generated DPS Meters and you'll note that number three and four on the list are both TANK class, not DPS! PVE and PVP

The only time I see myself beating DPS is because they're undergeared, bad players, or both. It is indeed very unusual to see tanks with greater DPS than equally geared DPS.

But hey. The OP has an ilvl of 839, and instead of playing the game to try to improve it, he is starting multiple elitist threads today.