unsubbing cuz of long timers

General Discussion
12/23/2016 05:01 AMPosted by Mattyfresh
12/23/2016 01:35 AMPosted by Praying
how is it Blizzard's fault that people play more DPS specs than heal/tanking?

maybe if people stopped treating tanks and healers like crap, we would have more. it gets infuriating when you're a tank and people pull for you, and it drives me off the deep end when DPS don't even attempt to interrupt or get out of the bad.

it's no wonder tanks and healers are sparse, honestly.

8/10 times if there is someone treating people like a jerk it is the tank

While there are idiots on all roles, most of the hate I have seen people get from tank and healers usually were the result of piss-poor play.
12/23/2016 05:51 AMPosted by Roxette
12/23/2016 01:28 AMPosted by Arbalany
when im dps and have to wait 20 min EVERY time i want to run something makes me hate this game slowly.

supposedly 5 mil players and waiting that long for ONE person; for heals/tanks to join. no blizz this is unacceptable, literally every other online game i play has instant lobbies with less than a 10th of the players you have.

even when you try to join bigger groups like raids you get kicked because everyone wants cinderella runs that go perfectly. big ilvl numbers always get chosen first so why do i log on when i know im not going to be playing very long or going to spend 80% of my time just looking for groups?

im glad i havent payed for this game since august.

I hate that I usually have to wait for over 40 minutes to do a dungeon I need for a profession. I hate dungeons to begin with, then to be forced to do them for professions, then on top of that I have to wait 40 minutes in queue - well that is why my professions aren't progressing very fast since I can only put up with that once a week.

Let's not forget the fact that you can get 840+ gear from world quests - far better than anything found in a queued dungeon - and completely bypass the system. Those who might have otherwise run them for gear can get better things faster without ever setting foot in a heroic or regular dungeon.
12/23/2016 05:58 AMPosted by Zhengfen
12/23/2016 05:54 AMPosted by Roxette

The queue times for dungeons this expansion ARE blizzard's fault. They are pushing people who play solo into dungeons this expansion. Guess what solo players normally play - you guessed it DPS. Pushing more dps into the system is causing the ratio to be worse than normal.

Well, there's your problem right there. You're trying to play a Massively Multiplayer Online Game like a single-player game.

And I say that as someone who generally queues up/forms raids solo or with 1-2 friends.

Not really my problem since I personally avoid those dungeons like the plague but it appears it is other people problems, including those players who are into group play.

Also, you have a mistaken impression what MMORG means but I don't feel like bothering correcting you.
12/23/2016 05:45 AMPosted by Vafarre
<span class="truncated">...</span>

8/10 times if there is someone treating people like a jerk it is the tank

9 times out of 10 that's because of someone else in the party doing things that register as incredibly stupid.

That said, OP seems to assume that all 5 million are doing heroics/queued content. I used to tank for it, but really the AP reward and bonus satchel are crap. I can get more AP from running 2 world quests than I can carrying a group through a heroic dungeon. The stuff in the satchel is worthless.

I used to love tanking and healing for dungeons. Now I hate it. As the content has changed, so too has the mentality and attitude of those who do dungeons. And quite frankly, it's not for the better. LFD is the worst of the worst, so naturally I avoid it like the plague it is.

The player base is why you don't have tanks and healers for queued content. There's nothing Blizzard can do to change that.

no, it is not. normally it is a tank talking crap before the pulls even start. or thinking their desires trump those of the other 4 in the group.

i have tanked plenty and there is just no reason for the smug attitude of tanks other than that they are selfish and entitled

you said it yourself, the game has changed and you are worried about how you want to play. the paradigm has shifted and you refuse to adjust. you are the problem.
12/23/2016 03:51 AMPosted by Stronghold
You make your bed,you lie in it.

Hunters who think it's funny to leave growl on or "i just want to test and see if my pet can tank this place" , you caused this.
Warlocks who think it's ok to run a voidwalker in an instance or fear mobs all over the damn place, ya you have a piece in this.
Mages who wanna go go go and pull ahead of the group, lookin at you too.

This kind of crap makes our jobs harder, we have enough to worry about.
We must know the fights
We must be aware of pats and adds
We must be ready to move mobs around,out of the bad stuff so you don't wind up facedown because you can't see it because of you tunneling the target.
We must keep an eye on our healer and their mana and adjust our run speed accordingly.

I could go on and on but by now, after all these years I know none of it will sink in, you don't care all most of the dps care about is that damn meter.

Enjoy your long queues, it's not going to change anytime soon. I don't care if every class in the game could be made able to tank. It won't change a thing, it's not a lack of classes that CAN tank, it's a lack of tanks willing to pay 15 bucks a month to deal with your crap.

/end rant

Stop being a deva. There are 6 tanks specs, 5 healer specs, and 24 DPS specs. That is why there has always been more DPS then tanks and healers. Just by the break down of specs played there are going to be more DPS. Also I tank, heal, and dps on different toons and 99% of the time what you described just doesn't happen. When someone does have growl or taunt on it is most likely because they were questing before and just forgot to turn it off.
How is it anyones problems that everyone chose to play a DPS this xpac? It is still the same from the beginning of the xpac because no one has swapped classes yet due to the AP grind.

Even after 7.1.5 when people jump ship from their classes for a few % of dps decrease, they'll still just go to the best dps class out there, causing the same issue.
12/23/2016 05:51 AMPosted by Jostlen
Um.... 20 minutes is nothing. I would have cried with joy back in Vanilla if forming a group only took 20 minutes. Just sayin'.

People hate lfd\lfr but realistically it frees up so much time.
You can go out and farm mats do quest or whatever while you are waiting instead of sitting sitting in org or dal spamming your lfg macro for an indeterminate amount of time.
People that hate it are more than likely newish players who have never experienced the game or content without it
You have options.

You could roll a tank or healer or you could queue with a tank or healer friend.
The most important thing you need to do is stop whining.

Have a Merry Christmas.
supposedly 5 mil players and waiting that long for ONE person; for heals/tanks to join.

5 million world wide, not just for the NA/Oceanic/Latin America servers. They're also spread out throughout the day, not everyone plays at the same time as you. They also don't all queue for dungeons when you want to do one. There's also a wide imbalance between players who choose between DPS or tanks/healers. And don't forget about the faction split for another division of the population.
Would ask for your stuff but mines better.

Later tater.
12/23/2016 06:25 AMPosted by Hamstar
12/23/2016 03:51 AMPosted by Stronghold
You make your bed,you lie in it.

Hunters who think it's funny to leave growl on or "i just want to test and see if my pet can tank this place" , you caused this.
Warlocks who think it's ok to run a voidwalker in an instance or fear mobs all over the damn place, ya you have a piece in this.
Mages who wanna go go go and pull ahead of the group, lookin at you too.

This kind of crap makes our jobs harder, we have enough to worry about.
We must know the fights
We must be aware of pats and adds
We must be ready to move mobs around,out of the bad stuff so you don't wind up facedown because you can't see it because of you tunneling the target.
We must keep an eye on our healer and their mana and adjust our run speed accordingly.

I could go on and on but by now, after all these years I know none of it will sink in, you don't care all most of the dps care about is that damn meter.

Enjoy your long queues, it's not going to change anytime soon. I don't care if every class in the game could be made able to tank. It won't change a thing, it's not a lack of classes that CAN tank, it's a lack of tanks willing to pay 15 bucks a month to deal with your crap.

/end rant

Stop being a deva. There are 6 tanks specs, 5 healer specs, and 24 DPS specs. That is why there has always been more DPS then tanks and healers. Just by the break down of specs played there are going to be more DPS. Also I tank, heal, and dps on different toons and 99% of the time what you described just doesn't happen. When someone does have growl or taunt on it is most likely because they were questing before and just forgot to turn it off.

Don't give me that crap, I tank on 4 of the classes that can tank. I never said EVERY run is like this BUT it happens enough that it gets really tiresome.

And I didn't add it before but i'll go ahead and throw it in now.
Not being able to say anything to dps who are acting out because if a tank, or healer for that matter, call them out for doing stupid crap, they are automatically "being a deva" or whatever buzzword you wanna use.
There have always been long queues for dps , but really 10 to 20 min is about what I see as dps now. No biggie im doing other stuff waiting for it to pop, so it goes by fast. As for non lfd content, you can make a group. I will do this when I want to run mythics.

maybe if people stopped treating tanks and healers like crap, we would have more. it gets infuriating when you're a tank and people pull for you, and it drives me off the deep end when DPS don't even attempt to interrupt or get out of the bad.

As far as people pulling for me, I've gotten to the point that if it's my key for Mythic +'s and not one of the carry dps I bring with me pulling "a pug" I'll just kick them because I know we can still 3 chest.
Love how OP complains about cross realm queue times. You know what it used to be?

You used to have to sit in /trade if you didn't have a guild run going on, and try to get picked up by any group or other guild advertising LFM.

That could take over an hour, and then DISBAND before ever getting a full raid.

Then you get a full raid, WALK to the portal, run through the ally/horde possibly killing stragglers near the portal, and then someone could leave as soon as the raid starts.

Then someone had to go BACK to trade chat while the raid sat in the instance, all the while the raid members are plotting to leave or find a better group.

Did you get killed by the other faction on the way? Are you getting camped? Too bad, you missed the boss and now you're kicked.

Did your gear drop? Yeah? Sorry, this isn't your guild so you don't get crap.

Oh, the raid leader promised you the shoulders? We don't remember that. Move along.

Got to last boss, but we keep wiping. Damn, now tank needs repairs. Well, now since we got held up, we lost half the raid. Sorry bout that.

Found another raid at the last boss. It's a miracle! Too bad you have to log. Maybe next time. Enjoy your set of mixed green and blue gear for another couple weeks!
when im dps and have to wait 20 min EVERY time i want to run something makes me hate this game slowly.

supposedly 5 mil players and waiting that long for ONE person; for heals/tanks to join. no blizz this is unacceptable, literally every other online game i play has instant lobbies with less than a 10th of the players you have.

even when you try to join bigger groups like raids you get kicked because everyone wants cinderella runs that go perfectly. big ilvl numbers always get chosen first so why do i log on when i know im not going to be playing very long or going to spend 80% of my time just looking for groups?

Great - see ya.

My queue is now shorter.
DPS don't even attempt to interrupt

Another big one, for me, is healers not dispelling in HoV.
Clearly, non interrupting/spell stealing dps and non dispelling healers are not doing their jobs as well as they should. Much like a tank not holding threat.

/silly
But Gul'dan forbid the tanks in turn criticize them for that. how rude!
/sillyend

12/23/2016 03:06 AMPosted by Allialara
Single-player MMOs where everyone is a DPS like Guild Wars 2 generally have their dungeon content fall into one of two categories: DPS races and zerg runs.

I have to say. I was pretty disappointed in GW2 when a widely popular and effective dungeon and even, for a bit, raid strat was to simply stack the boss in a corner with everyone dpsing as hard as they could.

It turned multiple bosses into the equivalent of patchwerk. Making them bland and uninteresting. As far as raids were concerned the solution was to apparently eliminate corners from their design.. circular rooms all the time now!
DPS don't even attempt to interrupt

Another big one, for me, is healers not dispelling in HoV.
Clearly, non interrupting/spell stealing dps and non dispelling healers are not doing their jobs as well as they should. Much like a tank not holding threat.

/silly
But Gul'dan forbid the tanks in turn criticize them for that. how rude!
/sillyend

As a healer, in heroics (particularly on the trash) I generally don't dispel much because it's cheaper, mana-wise, for me to just heal through it and I don't have to deal with tracking the stupid cooldown. If there's some debuff that does something other than OMG MOAR DAMAGE that I should dispel feel free to let me know and I'll look out for it but I can't be bothered to go looking at every stupid debuff that pops up when 99% just say x damage over y seconds...

(and yes, dispelling is another example of how healers / tanks are expected to know more about instances going in than DPS.)

20 Minutes... try 4 hours+ then your complaint will be given some credence 4 hours 15 minutes was the queue just last expansion for my longest wait, with many reaching the 2 hour mark.

I also wouldn't kick you or choose someone else if I did PuG Mythics I don't rightly care about ilevels as long as someone knows when to interrupt and get out of the bad.

Theres also plenty to do outside of waiting for groups.
12/23/2016 01:37 AMPosted by Arbalany

maybe if people stopped treating tanks and healers like crap, we would have more. it gets infuriating when you're a tank and people pull full people, and it drives me off the deep end when DPS don't even attempt to interrupt or get out of the bad.

go check the group list and tell me thats a reflection of 5 million players, go ahead. ill even tell you to do it on a friday at 6pm. go ahead.

Not every person with a paid subscription is online everyday all day. Also not everyone who is online is running dungeons. You might want to rethink you math.