M+ Stats and Talents for Mistweaver?

Monk
What stat priority and talent build(s) would I be looking at for Mythic + dungeons as a healer?

Also, what kind of ability priorities would I need to consider? What abilities do I combine the various cooldowns with?

Thanks in advance :)
Bump? Anyone mind helping me out with this? :D
Mistweaver is a bit unusual in that want really different stat priorities for M+ vs raid. I'm mostly a Brew but do play MW when my group needs, and here's what I do:

Raids: Crit > Vers >>> Haste >>>>>> Mastery (have as little mastery as you can even at the expense of a few ilvls usually)

M+: Crit > Haste to 15-20% > Mastery > Vers > Haste

Talents should really be the same across both areas - Chi Burst, Roll of choice, Mist Wrap, Leg Sweep, Healing Elixir, Crane, Mana Tea. You can try one of the Thunder ones in the 100 row for M+ if you really like it.

For spell selection, use more Envelopings and Vivifies in M+, still keep Renew going out on CD if there's damage. Coordinate with your group to make your stun useful, don't sit on your healing CDs if there's trouble - use them and figure out the next pull later.

A lot of folks have trouble healing higher M+ on MW but I find as long as you have a second gear set with the priorities I listed above you should do fine (I've healed and tanked my weekly 12's).

Good luck!
01/09/2017 09:03 AMPosted by Zenvegan
Mistweaver is a bit unusual in that want really different stat priorities for M+ vs raid. I'm mostly a Brew but do play MW when my group needs, and here's what I do:

Raids: Crit > Vers >>> Haste >>>>>> Mastery (have as little mastery as you can even at the expense of a few ilvls usually)

Talents should really be the same across both areas - Chi Burst, Roll of choice, Mist Wrap, Leg Sweep, Healing Elixir, Crane, Mana Tea. You can try one of the Thunder ones in the 100 row for M+ if you really like it.

For spell selection, use more Envelopings and Vivifies in M+, still keep Renew going out on CD if there's damage. Coordinate with your group to make your stun useful, don't sit on your healing CDs if there's trouble - use them and figure out the next pull later.

A lot of folks have trouble healing higher M+ on MW but I find as long as you have a second gear set with the priorities I listed above you should do fine (I've healed and tanked my weekly 12's).

Good luck!

Cool, thanks!

A few more questions, if you don't mind-

1. I've heard that for M+, Haste > Mastery is preferable. However, bearing in mind what you've given me, why would people say Haste Mastery?

2. What spells should I use Thunder tea with? I usually use it to layer out Renewing Mist for lighter damage periods and for two free vivifies during heavier damage.

Thanks again!
01/09/2017 09:03 AMPosted by Zenvegan

Two pieces of wrong information here.

First, the stat priority is always Haste > Mastery > Crit > Vers and there is never a point you want to stop stacking haste as MW in mythic+. Haste and mastery synergize well together and help shore up MWs weakness of little burst healing in our kit.

Second, there's absolutely no reason to take mana tea in a mythic+ dungeon. Mana can be considered an unlimited resource in mythic+ as you can stop to drink after literally every pull if you need to. You can afford to be as reckless with your mana as you need to be to keep people alive. Both Focused Thunder and Rising Thunder (to an extent) provide more use as having two instant Enveloping Mists for when things go south is way more likely to save people (and thus time) than having some mana reduced vivifies.
01/09/2017 09:15 AMPosted by Aldraya

1. I've heard that for M+, Haste > Mastery is preferable. However, bearing in mind what you've given me, why would people say Haste Mastery?

2. What spells should I use Thunder tea with? I usually use it to layer out Renewing Mist for lighter damage periods and for two free vivifies during heavier damage

1. Haste cause you want to keep up with the incoming damage, with an added benefit of throwing more dps spells during low downtime,

Mastery cause its cheaper per point for throughput compared to the other stats.

2. My TFTs is usuallly used on instant envelopings, or vivifies when im running low on mana. Instant envelopings is so i can go back to throwing more dps spells on enemy targets while moving.

I only TFT + ReM if i need to spot heal with mastery and i cannot stop to cast spells, either usually running to keep up with the tank, or to run ahead of the group to drink.

On some cases TFT+EF is also useful, like for the dragon boss in DHT where u can coat the group in EF while the pushback is occuring so you can top them off with mastery procs before the avalanche.

I really hate the SooM playstyle cause it makes me feel very slow compared to the above.

01/09/2017 10:08 AMPosted by Woahno
Two pieces of wrong information here.

First, the stat priority is always Haste > Mastery > Crit > Vers and there is never a point you want to stop stacking haste as MW in mythic+. Haste and mastery synergize well together and help shore up MWs weakness of little burst healing in our kit.

Depends on if you have drape of shame, if you have drape of shame, crit rises in value equal to or higher than haste, else yes the above priority stands. but mastery > haste

You want to have >325% mastery, so your heals heal hard enough. after 325% mastery, then you start to focus on the other stats.

The above doesnt apply for any item (not including jewellery) for any item 10+ ilvls than your current.

U stack haste up to how comfortable are you with mana. no point stacking haste to the roof, when you cant last through a 2-3minute tyrannical boss fight, and go oom in the process.

Second, there's absolutely no reason to take mana tea in a mythic+ dungeon. Mana can be considered an unlimited resource in mythic+ as you can stop to drink after literally every pull if you need to. You can afford to be as reckless with your mana as you need to be to keep people alive. Both Focused Thunder and Rising Thunder (to an extent) provide more use as having two instant Enveloping Mists for when things go south is way more likely to save people (and thus time) than having some mana reduced vivifies.

Misconception here as well, of course FT is preferred in m+ if you can take it while being comfortable with mana.

Mana is not unlimited, nor can you be reckless in mana when you factor in tyrannical weeks, as fights can go between 2-3mins long between boss fights.

However if you're talking cupcake keys up to 9's for carry runs ya then mana shouldnt be an issue as fights SHOULD not last that long for mana to matter.

However if you do have mana issues, especially if you are not comfortable with long fights, or still learning how to do micro drinks mid pulls, mana tea is still ok as a training wheel, or you do not want to use a mana regen trinket.
01/09/2017 09:15 AMPosted by Aldraya

2. What spells should I use Thunder tea with? I usually use it to layer out Renewing Mist for lighter damage periods and for two free vivifies during heavier damage

1. Haste cause you want to keep up with the incoming damage, with an added benefit of throwing more dps spells during low downtime,

Mastery cause its cheaper per point for throughput compared to the other stats.

2. My TFTs is usuallly used on instant envelopings, or vivifies when im running low on mana. Instant envelopings is so i can go back to throwing more dps spells on enemy targets while moving.

I only TFT + ReM if i need to spot heal with mastery and i cannot stop to cast spells, either usually running to keep up with the tank, or to run ahead of the group to drink.

On some cases TFT+EF is also useful, like for the dragon boss in DHT where u can coat the group in EF while the pushback is occuring so you can top them off with mastery procs before the avalanche.

I really hate the SooM playstyle cause it makes me feel very slow compared to the above.

[/quote]

1. Okay, Haste Mastery. Conveniently enough, that's similar to my statting as a BrM monk, which I was gearing as, so no mentality shift there. Cool, thanks!

2. Yeah, I started pushing my TFTs towards Vivifies when I know big burst is coming and Enveloping for single target burst. I'm not finding that I have many issues keeping up unless there are massive AoE bursts, but I usually blow Crane and some TFT'd Viv's at that point to keep up. I'm hoping that's right.

Essence font, I'm uncomfortable with, but I'll start using it the way you suggest, since that makes the most sense.

One last question- What is SooM?

@Other posters- I never have issues with Mana, so I think I'll be fine on that front. Thank you to all who posted!

2. Yeah, I started pushing my TFTs towards Vivifies when I know big burst is coming and Enveloping for single target burst. I'm not finding that I have many issues keeping up unless there are massive AoE bursts, but I usually blow Crane and some TFT'd Viv's at that point to keep up. I'm hoping that's right.

One last question- What is SooM?

@Other posters- I never have issues with Mana, so I think I'll be fine on that front. Thank you to all who posted!

2. Actually you should use it on Envelopings if big burst is incoming, because it buffs your incoming heals towards them by 40%, especially if you talent FT, cause you can keep 2 priority targets up with additional heals, while you are casting other spells instead, plus it frees you 2 gcds worth of mobility for you to reposition yourself if needed, rather than hardcasting and being behind on heals because you need to move during triage scenarios.

then do the standard burst rotation of EF (clip the cast after whole group gets coated with the buff) > vivify until buff falls off > EF > vivify again, using rem only when u need to move.

I forgot to add as well, that i also routinely buff effuse with TFT for pure single target heals, if the target required needs a quick top off and the rest isnt in triage situations, because no point wasting vivify when effuse can also do the job just as easily.

SooM = Soothing Mist
The playstyle just pretty much revolves u spending the GCDs during downtime channelling it until something needs to be healed.

aka, the lazy man playstyle.. its sometimes required at times, especially during volcanic weeks where its perferable to share the chance to proc it on you instead of range dps where its not applicable for them to stack in melee for whatever reason.

Because their dps is generally higher than yours, and should be prioritised on maximising by minimising their movements.
Depends on if you have drape of shame, if you have drape of shame, crit rises in value equal to or higher than haste, else yes the above priority stands. but mastery > haste

False. Haste is still king in mythic+ so no, crit does not equal or outvalue it nor does mastery beat it. These priorities are coming from Geodew's spreadsheet so if you could please tell me where you're getting your info from that would be great.

01/09/2017 11:04 AMPosted by Bluesquare
Mana is not unlimited, nor can you be reckless in mana when you factor in tyrannical weeks, as fights can go between 2-3mins long between boss fights.

Clearing 12s weekly since the gear cap was raised, I've never had an issue with mana during boss fights. If you need mana tea because you're ooming yourself during boss fights your dps is probably low, your group is taking avoidable damage, or your spell selection is wrong. If you feel more comfortable with mana tea that's fine, but Focused Thunder is objectively a better choice.
Second, there's absolutely no reason to take mana tea in a mythic+ dungeon.

I used to go with FT, but after testing some DGs with mana tea I found myself much more confortable with it.

IMO doing some more EF (or pre-envm) heal bursts easily at least tie with FT (which - BTW - is a LOT clunky spell).

If your group is taking lots of damage, dont bother clipping an EF cast just for the buff. Mastery becomes huge (heals the same % or more than vivify). If your tank is taking lots of damage, dont bother spamming vivify + EF instead of effuse, even if it is only for the tank.

Now, if you only do runs with your OP guild group, you can take whatever you want, since now everything becomes easy, and you wont even need to burn your mana.

Highest weakness: high ramp up time for decent burst. Which is becomes terrible combined with things like heavy movement (volcanic/knockback/latency). Lack of CDs. Oh, flankly, if you compare to any other healers toolkits, MW sucks hard at high m+.

On topic: haste ~> mastery >> crit ~> vers
(you may also build a masteryless set for DPSing)
01/08/2017 10:26 PMPosted by Aldraya
What stat priority and talent build(s) would I be looking at for Mythic + dungeons as a healer?

Also, what kind of ability priorities would I need to consider? What abilities do I combine the various cooldowns with?

Thanks in advance :)

I would like to direct you to Monk's Discord server, where you can be assured to find the most qualified answers to any of your questions you can have.

Here is the invitation: https://discord.gg/8Mw9gCA

The answers above are for the most questionable when it comes to saying things like :

Or probably the most uninformed answer in this thread :

You want to have >325% mastery, so your heals heal hard enough. after 325% mastery, then you start to focus on the other stats.

Just come by the Discord server, the bests are always here and ready to answer your questions. (And it has the benefit to be much quicker and easier)
Rule of thumb is that Crit is king and everything else is alright. The only downside is when you have mastery gear for raids, it's almost completely worthless. So if you are looking for specific pieces just focus on Crit + something else other than mastery.

Won't be the end of the world if you get peices with Mastery, however.
You can qualify the responses from Bluesquare dependant on if that is actually Bluesquared from Frostmourne or not. BS from Frosty is the top rated mistweaver in the world for mythic plus content. The monk Bluesquare on a US realm is rated 78470 in the world.
05/10/2018 08:06 PMPosted by Schnapkick
You can qualify the responses from Bluesquare dependant on if that is actually Bluesquared from Frostmourne or not. BS from Frosty is the top rated mistweaver in the world for mythic plus content. The monk Bluesquare on a US realm is rated 78470 in the world.

I know he did some transfers but I don't remember what realm he was on prior.

If you really have a question you can usually find him in discord just chatting in the lounge but he does post here off and on.

toxic, thats my character prior to transfer, i was from silvermoon, if u checked wowprog u can see the character history
blizzard and their post histories. why the 1 year necro though
@Bluesquared

Nice mog.

Dat one year necro just for useless info.

KAY
Just some quick added info. Haste/Mastery build improves 3 spells effectiveness (through gust of winds and cast times). These are:

1. Enveloping Mist
2. Renewing Mist
3. Vivify

Crit effects all spells and even heal over times and essence font, making it better for raids if stacked with versatility.

Taking preference for haste over mastery will mean you can cast more spells in less time which will chew mana but give quicker response time.

Taking preference for mastery over haste will slow response but make each spell more effective.

It's upto the user to find their preferred balance between haste and mastery.
So much necro in this thread...
Hey.... I am just a mythic 9 time complete healer. My preference is haste > mastery > crit = vers

By norm, my talents for m+ are
Mist wrap
Life cycle
Focus thunder

Normally I take big bird
However this week for fort and quaking I took jade statue.
Hope this helps. :)