Where's all the female tanks?

General Discussion
I took a look around one day and realized... WHERE'S ALL THE FEMALE TANKS?
Like ACTUAL females, not guy playing female character, but actual female main spec tank? I've only met one other, there can't only be 2 of us in the entire game?!?
First. I have a male belf prot warrior.

Second. Why does it matter?
Seriously?? I know quite a few.
Um, ok so... I'm not sure how someones genitals are of any consequence to a fantasy game. I mean... does having actual lady parts somehow ... yea I'm just confused here. Male/Female/somewhere in between, if you're polite and able to survive/hold aggro... you're the one I want in my group.
Why do you want them to advertise their gender, exactly...? It doesn't matter.
Why does it matter? Because women are awesome at damn near everything :D And it gets kinda lonely, and frustrating to listen to "the guys" talk about how women in gaming are better suited for healing because it fits their "nurturing nature" :(
My then-wife and another RL female were the tanks of our primary 10-man group during the first two tiers of Cataclysm.
12/24/2016 02:02 PMPosted by Midare
Why does it matter?

12/24/2016 02:03 PMPosted by Shelyna
Seriously??
12/24/2016 02:01 PMPosted by Jênny
Like ACTUAL females

They don't play wow
Uhh, I generally don't get on voice chat at all, and certainly not in PUGs. Most people in the groups I've been in haven't revealed enough about their personal lives to indicate their real sex. For all I know, all of them could have been women, and I don't really have any reason to assume they were men.
12/24/2016 02:04 PMPosted by Domtrilla
Um, ok so... I'm not sure how someones genitals are of any consequence to a fantasy game. I mean... does having actual lady parts somehow ... yea I'm just confused here. Male/Female/somewhere in between, if you're polite and able to survive/hold aggro... you're the one I want in my group.

It's less 'we need more tanks with Vs than Ps' and more 'am i the only one here who can sit with my legs closed'.

I've noticed an approximately equal distribution of male to female healers, and male to female dps. But there does certainly seem to be a serious disproportion of m-f tanks. I've had several, more than just one or two, but I don't know why that would be.
12/24/2016 02:11 PMPosted by Jênny
Why does it matter? Because women are awesome at damn near everything :D And it gets kinda lonely, and frustrating to listen to "the guys" talk about how women in gaming are better suited for healing because it fits their "nurturing nature" :(

BWHAAA ...I agree stereotyping female players as casters or healers always made me lawl. Sure ill heal but im not the nurturing kind and dont really care about whack a mole with healthbars. I was pushed into raiding as a caster/healer back when I started..once I discovered melee/tanking forget the healing.
Why does it matter? Because women are awesome at damn near everything

*rolls eyes*
Do you celebrate when you see guys playing healers?

And it gets kinda lonely, and frustrating to listen to "the guys" talk about how women in gaming are better suited for healing because it fits their "nurturing nature" :(
Many of us do heal though. In fact, my second main after my mage is a disc/holy priest. I've only tanked during the end of cata and now.

I don't care who does what really.

Ha!

I'm a dude in real life. In shooter games like Overwatch, Eternal Crusade and Planetside 2 which have healer characters/classes, I strongly prefer playing healers because it makes me feel useful.

"The guys" you hang out with are just idiots. Pay them no mind.
12/24/2016 02:16 PMPosted by Goezrawr
12/24/2016 02:04 PMPosted by Domtrilla

It's less 'we need more tanks with Vs than Ps' and more 'am i the only one here who can sit with my legs closed'.

Men are actually physically capable of putting our legs together, you know.

We just don't, because it takes conscious effort to do so. For some reason, our bodies, when relaxed, have our legs slightly spread apart.

Yes, this DOES mean you can tell any promiscuous guy you know to, "consider keeping his legs closed once in a while," for giggles. If he points out that that wouldn't stop him from having sex, ask him to remember that there are positions where women's legs are firmly closed and it doesn't stop intercourse either, not even with the proper organs, so a man and a woman presently engaged in sex can still have their legs closed while they're doing it. Then consider getting some better friends who are more on your level, intellectually.
I'm sure they're out shopping for skimpy plate outfits and getting makeovers
How would you know?
I tank every once in a while, but I don't announce my gender.

LMAO! Oh how I'd love to post real world examples of this fallacy in action! Sadly I care about my ability to post in wow. Honey I think you've been watching a lil too much Laci on the tube.

Gender is quite irrelevant when it comes to games, but expecting the "Guys talk" to end because a few more women tank is just silly. Plus there's ZERO shame in being known for a nurturing nature... at least ONE of the sexes should be. :p

I'm glad your proud of your woman status, and I hope you have many many successful dungeon runs. That said, take the silly "I am woman, I am god" mindset back to tumblr. :p
12/24/2016 02:20 PMPosted by Pouncey
We just don't, because it takes conscious effort to do so. For some reason, our bodies, when relaxed, have our legs slightly spread apart.
Lol Pouncy... guys don't because they've got something in between that's kinda sensitive to being smushed. :p
12/24/2016 02:02 PMPosted by Midare
First. I have a male belf prot warrior.

Second. Why does it matter?

Wait...

YOU'RE A CHICK!?!?

how you doing? /sexy Elvis pose
How do you know what gender any given player is? Not to mention, why the hell does it matter?