low DPS

Hunter
any hints as to what I am doing wrong so I can do it right? My DPS is currently about 150k to 190K
You're on your mage, so I don't even know what spec you are playing as a hunter. I would need more information to help you.
Well for one you're posting on a Mage in the Hunter forum.

Second you're giving virtually no information, what rotation do you use? What is your opener? Do you follow any guides?

And again most importantly, you're in the Hunter forum on a Mage.
Ummm, get a bigger wand. Something like Harry Potter has.
Sorry my bad. this is my hunter
You got useless legendaries. Stampede works maybe on heroic or lower nm dragons, otherwise killer cobra is far better. Stomp beats out frenzy, fury beats out blink strikes in raids, least til Tuesday.
I only got see your spec, talents, and gear. You currently outgear me (I'm 856 as BM), so I'm not sure exactly what you mean by low DPS. I'm also not sure if you are referring to PVE or PVP. I see you have 2 legendaries, but not the DPS boots. I have them, and they cause DB to reduce the CD on KC by 3 seconds.

On the talent side, you gimped AOE by taking AMoC over Barrage or Volley (lvl 90 tier), because you have to use it on a target that will die within 15 secs, or face the longer CD timer. I think that Barrage is better in the long run just due to the 20 CD, allowing you to use it 3 times a minute, and the AOE cleave to go with your beast cleave from Multi Shot. Volley is steady damage you can toggle on or off, and has less chance of accidental pulls while using 3 focus per auto shot. Try one of those and see if you don't get better results from AMoC.

At the lvl 30 tier, you took Dire Frenzy over Stomp, this takes away another AOE damage attack opportunity. I haven't encountered the focus starve that several BM hunters have complained about, but I could see that as a reason to have Dire Frenzy, as long as you aren't putting Cobra Shot ahead of Kill Command.

I have yet to use Stampede, but the long CD is a turn off for me. I prefer consistency rather than saving a DPS CD for special moments.

I can't really think of anything else without more information about your typical rotation, focus and CD management, etc.
01/08/2017 03:56 AMPosted by Haramburger
You got useless legendaries. Stampede works maybe on heroic or lower nm dragons, otherwise killer cobra is far better. Stomp beats out frenzy, fury beats out blink strikes in raids, least til Tuesday.

Someone else said similar, but that is all that dropped for me so far.
01/08/2017 04:23 AMPosted by Trackiotomy
I only got see your spec, talents, and gear. You currently outgear me (I'm 856 as BM), so I'm not sure exactly what you mean by low DPS. I'm also not sure if you are referring to PVE or PVP. I see you have 2 legendaries, but not the DPS boots. I have them, and they cause DB to reduce the CD on KC by 3 seconds.

On the talent side, you gimped AOE by taking AMoC over Barrage or Volley (lvl 90 tier), because you have to use it on a target that will die within 15 secs, or face the longer CD timer. I think that Barrage is better in the long run just due to the 20 CD, allowing you to use it 3 times a minute, and the AOE cleave to go with your beast cleave from Multi Shot. Volley is steady damage you can toggle on or off, and has less chance of accidental pulls while using 3 focus per auto shot. Try one of those and see if you don't get better results from AMoC.

At the lvl 30 tier, you took Dire Frenzy over Stomp, this takes away another AOE damage attack opportunity. I haven't encountered the focus starve that several BM hunters have complained about, but I could see that as a reason to have Dire Frenzy, as long as you aren't putting Cobra Shot ahead of Kill Command.

I have yet to use Stampede, but the long CD is a turn off for me. I prefer consistency rather than saving a DPS CD for special moments.

I can't really think of anything else without more information about your typical rotation, focus and CD management, etc.

I want to thank you for your patient help. I was doing about 200k +/- 15k. My warlock was doing 115k and after help on the lock forums is now doing about 200k DPS. Hopefully I will do 250K after your help. I will admit I am fearful of barrage as I have heard people get pissed because of inadvertent pulls.
I'm in a similar boat with legos though, first was boots but then Sephuz and Roots of Shaladrassil :p, it's something that's out of our hands and it sucks. I'd recommend too to check the icy veins guide. There's several things like getting the most out of the BW CD reduction and pooling focus for each wrath. Barrage until Tuesday is nerfed to the ground for beast, a while back they just nerfed it by 20% and didn't bother to look into how its very little damage without that marksman mastery, and is best on fights with heavy cleave. Murder of crows is great since it benefits from mastery, and by far the best choice for ST.
01/08/2017 05:24 AMPosted by Aesclepious
01/08/2017 04:23 AMPosted by Trackiotomy

I want to thank you for your patient help. I was doing about 200k +/- 15k. My warlock was doing 115k and after help on the lock forums is now doing about 200k DPS. Hopefully I will do 250K after your help. I will admit I am fearful of barrage as I have heard people get pissed because of inadvertent pulls.

Volley in m+, crows in raids- barrage never.
01/08/2017 02:47 AMPosted by Glorindal
any hints as to what I am doing wrong so I can do it right? My DPS is currently about 150k to 190K

Downvoted for stupidity
01/08/2017 08:57 AMPosted by Captnslammit
01/08/2017 02:47 AMPosted by Glorindal

Downvoted for stupidity

Ooooh, I made a mistake, so sue me. Someone needs to look in the mirror. It is players like you with this type of attitude is what is wrong with this game.
@Aesclepious

Sometimes these threads are just an extension of in-game trade chat. Being able to hide behind a keyboard gives cowards courage to say what they would never say in person.

@Captnslammit
You put down a fellow hunter (not even a "melee" SV) who asks for help, and then offer nothing to point him in the right direction. Then, you will probably call him a baddie later because he hasn't done some content that only a small percentage of the player base get to see. Classic.
If it helps , and it probably won't, I am getting around 200K as survival......at 828 ilvl.
Posted on the wrong character

01/08/2017 02:39 PMPosted by Salparadise
If it helps , and it probably won't, I am getting around 200K as survival......at 828 ilvl.
01/08/2017 02:40 PMPosted by Massai

01/08/2017 02:39 PMPosted by Salparadise

Is this ST or AOE damage? I only ask, because with AOE, I crit a lot with Carve instead of FS, since the auto attacks give me plenty of MBs to use.

I tried Caltrops before, and with the Explosive Trap change, I might use it again once Improved Traps is gone. But the main reason I currently use Tar Trap is for the honor talent on the bottom left that slows enemies attacks in Tar.

You have 12% mastery and still use Snake Hunter. Do you have a lot of MBs popping up a lot? Because I have 8% mastery without Snake Hunter, and I can usually get 6 stacks easily.

I see that you chose some of the ranged talents as well. We have a lot of options by taking them, and it almost negates the ability of ranged classes to kite us. I would suggest, for strategy purposes, that you try out AMoC. It does about 500-600k over 15 secs, and resets if the target dies while it's on them. Great for kiting or chasing foes, especially if they are <30% HP left.
01/08/2017 10:15 AMPosted by Aesclepious
01/08/2017 08:57 AMPosted by Captnslammit

Downvoted for stupidity

Ooooh, I made a mistake, so sue me. Someone needs to look in the mirror. It is players like you with this type of attitude is what is wrong with this game.

Simmer down kiddo, you're fuming mad lol. You haven't even attempted raid finder EN and you're trying to talk like you know something about dps? Please, you won't be taken seriously in most people's eyes. Certainly not mine, have a nice day kiddo :)
Instead of using blink strikes change to bestial fury.
Barrage is bad. Use a murder of crows. If you need to switch to an AoE talent use volley.
Killer cobra is better than stampede.
Stats to look for are Mastery/Haste.
01/08/2017 03:05 PMPosted by Trackiotomy
01/08/2017 02:40 PMPosted by Massai

Is this ST or AOE damage? I only ask, because with AOE, I crit a lot with Carve instead of FS, since the auto attacks give me plenty of MBs to use.

I tried Caltrops before, and with the Explosive Trap change, I might use it again once Improved Traps is gone. But the main reason I currently use Tar Trap is for the honor talent on the bottom left that slows enemies attacks in Tar.

You have 12% mastery and still use Snake Hunter. Do you have a lot of MBs popping up a lot? Because I have 8% mastery without Snake Hunter, and I can usually get 6 stacks easily.

I see that you chose some of the ranged talents as well. We have a lot of options by taking them, and it almost negates the ability of ranged classes to kite us. I would suggest, for strategy purposes, that you try out AMoC. It does about 500-600k over 15 secs, and resets if the target dies while it's on them. Great for kiting or chasing foes, especially if they are <30% HP left.

I can be swimming in procs, but usually not when I need it. For 2s and skirmishes , everything is gib at the start , so I want that guaranteed 6 stacks , with no filler globals. I use aspect of eagle usually right after snake hunter.
Oh , I mostly PvP, so I'm just getting ilvl pieces, not even worrying about stats.
The 200K number is anecdotal and based on the few heroic dungeons I've ran, on boss fights .