Wow still no patch notes

General Discussion
1 2 3 14 Next
Monday before a major patch and no notes. Wow.
One week from a tier raid and no official notes? Wow.

Great way to start a the year of " better communication".

Great sound and art though those teams are kicking a$$.
I was just thinking that. Like it comes out in 24 hours or less and still no notes.
It's still before 9AM PST. I am sure they will put them up today.
Guys its Monday and its not even 8 am in California.
This is what the patch notes will look like (to add to the WoWhead notes):

[Bug] fixed.
[Bug] fixed.
[Bug] fixed.

Caster specs now do 30% less damage in PvP.
Melee specs now do 100% more damage in PvP.
Melee specs have a 200% increased running speed and root duration is decreased by 50% in PvP.
Probably will be a terrible patch, rushed because Holinka was sitting on his !@# most of the week while the community hates him especially for pvp
It's not even 8 am Pacific yet (where Blizzard is located), seriously give them a few minutes to wake up, format it then post it.
While I don't think the patch is going to be ridiculously bad, or whatever people are over-reacting over it, it is just bad communication.

It looks really bad in general not to have patch notes out the day before a patch, and its a major patch as well, it just screams that either they haven't finished it, meaning stuff won't be tested, or that they have something in there that they know people won't like.
01/09/2017 07:41 AMPosted by Fatchickeen
Probably will be a terrible patch, rushed because Holinka was sitting on his !@# most of the week while the community hates him especially for pvp

Chill? We already know what's coming in the Patch and it's already extremely packed with new content and features. We're just waiting on official class changes.

01/09/2017 07:42 AMPosted by Jofzarn
While I don't think the patch is going to be ridiculously bad, or whatever people are over-reacting over it, it is just bad communication.

It looks really bad in general not to have patch notes out the day before a patch, and its a major patch as well, it just screams that either they haven't finished it, meaning stuff won't be tested, or that they have something in there that they know people won't like.

It's not a major patch. It has loads of content, new timewalking, catch up, micro holidays, new raid, etc.

7.1.5 ISN'T a big patch they said. 7.2 is supposed to be one of the biggest patches they've ever put out in the entire history of WoW.
I'm very curious where all the classes/specs are going to fall now when it comes to PvP. This expansion has been an absolute rollercoaster for PvP class balance.
They never post the "official" Patch Notes until the day of the patch. They will post them right before, or right as, the Patch is going live. It's been like this forever...like 12 years or something crazy like that.

But yeah...that's not a lot of time to have been doing exactly what they are doing now and since we can't even see unofficial stuff I can totally see why this is so shocking.
01/09/2017 07:42 AMPosted by Somalion
It's not even 8 am Pacific yet (where Blizzard is located), seriously give them a few minutes to wake up, format it then post it.

In the development shop I work in (much smaller budget than Blizzard), our patch notes are automated, based upon the notes we put in when we check in the code.

In addition, a build going out tomorrow would have been completed a couple of weeks ago. The internal QA team would need the patch notes.

There's certainly always a chance of a last minute emergency bug, but at this point that would likely be a date-delaying event rather than having to amend the patch-notes.

In other words, there's no reason that the patch notes shouldn't be available, particularly since their own hype video about the patch told us what to look for.

It's sloppy on their part, imo.

EDIT: Fixed a typo.
When the everlasting frig did you guys care so much about the release of patch notes before? Seriously, they were always released on Monday and no one gave two shills about when they came out. Are we just so negative nowadays that we will find any snide remark to complain about Blizzard?
Is the OP new to the game? Is this their first patch? As far as I know, Blizzard releases their patch notes like 8-12 hours before the patch goes live. It has almost always been this way.
01/09/2017 08:41 AMPosted by Azivalla
When the everlasting frig did you guys care so much about the release of patch notes before? Seriously, they were always released on Monday and no one gave two shills about when they came out. Are we just so negative nowadays that we will find any snide remark to complain about Blizzard?

Pretty much.
Still no confirmation on unstealthed-aoe-sap.. fingers firmly crossed tho.
This hamburger tastes bad.
*takes a bite*

I mean, it's really awful.
*takes another bite*

My goodness, how can they make money with a product like this?
*takes another bite*
*stuffs face with fries*

Oh my god. These fries are terrible too! How does this place stay in business?
*Finishes food*

I want compensation for this horrible meal. I could have found a better one on the road.

"See you tomorrow"
To be honest, I don't think the patch was ready. Yet they are pushing it out because they said it would be out soon. I expect lots of bugs to be honest, the patch bug forum seems to have a LOT of complaints and the fact they can't even give patch notes yet isn't a good sign.
01/09/2017 07:41 AMPosted by Roxxùs
Guys its Monday and its not even 8 am in California.

Seriously people. Everyone knows the cms write up the patch notes, pretty sure they say they do that, and that customer service jobs are strictly a Monday to Friday 9-5 job. Customers don't need anything outside of those times.
Don't they assign patch notes to a single person to write up?

I can't recall a patch that has had this many changes and whoever is writing them up probably has to spend hours just proof reading.