Travel Form Nerf: Trying to Understand.

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Highly Rated
I don't understand the logic to the nerf to travel form.

Can someone explain why they felt the need to nerf travel forms base speed from 200 to 180%? It's out of combat.

It does not effect pvp. (Except the very specific efforts of running away from someone in World PVP.)

And in which case, if you nerfed our travel from because of World PVP, you're really working that from a bad angle, cause there are waaaaaay worse problems with WQPVP then druids with mount speed travel form out of combat.

And then remove the powder we got from our class hall that gave it 20% more?

Why take that from me, and yet DK's and Paladins get to quest while mounted?

And before you tell me: "well they only get it for an hour!"

Yeah, and we only had a 33% chance to pick up that power once every 3 days. And it was an hour long buff that had the chance to fall off by doing simple things like flying from zone to zone. Or heaven forbid, you hearthed to (Broken Isle) Dalaran.

I don't get it.

If it's a gathering thing...

Sky Golem lets you pick herbs without dismounting.

Blacksmiths hoof plates let you do farming on mount back.

You know what else is good for farming? Jumping up sheer cliff faces, or gliding down them.

Are we going to nerf DH's too?

And then you removed our Sun Blossom powder and made that useless too.

Why?

Druids get very little 'fun' out of the perks from our class hall and you took away basically what we had.

Why was this a necessary change? Especially with flying coming 'soon™'

Aside from it being instant cast, it was already baseline slower then the average player mount.

Please help me understand.

-Jen
They had trouble hitting us with the nerf bat.
Mmm that sucks for us. It doesn't bother me personally to much cause I like riding my new various mounts, but sometimes it's fun to frolic in the dream way with our fellow drids into our order hall as deer.
Did they really? My god blizz do you have nothing better to do, I mean with the state of classes and all, lets hit travel form with a nerf!! ya!

There was a reason people picked druid, a hybrid shapeshifting class that could manage off roles. Why are you destroying classes trying to make them one size fits all? Classes should have unique things that set them apart, when did this change into everyone must be the same. You are turning into the freaking mcdonalds/walmart of gaming and its disgusting.
SO glad I dumped my druid at the start of the expac. Seems like a real turd class now with all the changes.
01/10/2017 09:28 AMPosted by Permutation
SO glad I dumped my druid at the start of the expac. Seems like a real turd class now with all the changes.

Says the hunter?

No class lost more than hunters, and we're at the bottom of dps charts in content that matters.

btw - your talents are garbage. you could do another 50k dps by swapping a few things around.
They also nerfed the Sunblossom Pollen from fertile soil. It reduces damage now and doesn't increase speed. Guess I can use it to mitigate the armor nerfs that Guardian Druid received.
lol they really do not like our travel forms. No more separate buttons for each form, inconsistent ability to transition from water to land and stay in form, and now speed reduction. Not sure how they could be this bored that this was such a high priority to nerf :)
On my druid, I always 100℅ of the time used travel form, with the yellow flowers.

That's why they nerfed it.

They don't want anyone (in general) to want something 100% of the time.
Flight could fix this.
I actually thought OP was joking... *stunned*
I personally *rarely* if ever use a mount.

I'd much rather use travel form, why would a druid ride another animal, when they can turn into an animal themselves?

Makes no sense.
Well this is a sad, disappointing, and seemingly pointless change. =/
That's idiotic. I enjoyed the fact that I was able to keep pace with mounts in my travel form. What the hell Blizzard!
I'm sure other classes felt it was "unfair" or something that Druids could herb/mine while mounted with no additional cost investment required.

Meh, I don't cry over people that have waterwalk moves or the strider when I'm on my warlock...not really seeing where this was an issue that needed to be addressed.
Wait, wait, wait... all these classes get these great bonuses from their Class Halls and Monks get... nothing?

Hmm... must be nice. They won't even let us use Zen Flight as a ground mount or heck to even just hover in place and look all zen.

Sorry for the nerf though. = \
01/10/2017 09:47 AMPosted by Mintmocha
I'm sure other classes felt it was "unfair" or something that Druids could herb/mine while mounted with no additional cost investment required.

Meh, I don't cry over people that have waterwalk moves or the strider when I'm on my warlock...not really seeing where this was an issue that needed to be addressed.

Basically my thoughts. I don't complain that Demon Hunter's can scale sheer cliffs or glide down them.

I don't whine when DK's and Shamans can water walk.

Mages can portal almost anywhere they please at the drop of a hat.

I just want to understand why people won't let other classes have their fun toys. That's what makes the classes unique.
We were already nerfed sadly. After completing the 1st Pathfinder achievement, ya know the one with 20% speed increase, travel form never got that because it wasn't a mount. So now, we're even slower. Yay for druids.
because a lot of effort was put into creating mounts they feel like druids were not using them

at least that's what makes the most sense to me but i could be wrong
I'm a sad druid :(