WQ PVP etiquette

General Discussion
12/10/2016 12:54 PMPosted by Dietright
okies thanks...just kinda thought it odd that when given a choice to kill your faction or the opposing faction some chose their own faction first.

Guardian Affinity. Bear form, you can't be killed 1v1 or even 2v1 unless seriously out geared. Odds are they will get tired of trying to bring you below 50%.
12/10/2016 12:23 PMPosted by Lamark
Just speaking for myself here, I just kill the mobs in the area, ignore the other players, fill up the bar and get the heck out of there to move on to bigger and better things.

12/10/2016 12:27 PMPosted by Veranolth
I don't attack other players unless they attack me.

This is me.

Also being blood I don't usually get attacked in those zones.
Just speaking for myself here, I just kill the mobs in the area, ignore the other players, fill up the bar and get the heck out of there to move on to bigger and better things.

I used to do that too, and it seemed lots of people did that for the beginning too, but lately I can't go into them without getting attacked so now I just tend to go Blood.

12/10/2016 12:54 PMPosted by Dietright
okies thanks...just kinda thought it odd that when given a choice to kill your faction or the opposing faction some chose their own faction first.

People probably aren't paying all that close of attention TBH. Just targetting a red name and going for it. They're probably paying more attention to your health rather than is that someone from my faction.

Although one time a guildie was in the zone on an alt so I had him...assist me...with completing the WQ.
It really depends on who is out there. Some people will ignore you entirely while others will do everything they can to harass you.

I always did them as prot and most people just didn't bother.
I help healers who are under attack first, even if they're grouped with someone who will try to kill me. Other than that I don't attack people in WQ PvP zones unprovoked...

Except any and all Demon Hunters even when I'm clearly outmatched, because I am a Rogue.
I attack tanks who are attacking people, since tanks are horribly overpowered in world pvp and need multiple people to kill them.
I play on a PvE server. I've played thousands of BGs collectively on my toons.

I ignore other players in these zones. If one attacks me, I (usually) kill it, then kill it twice more afterwards. I'll also step in sometimes if I see another player attacking others, but mostly I just finish the objectives.

Black Rook Rumble is an exception, with the only PvE mobs being faction-tagged. I'll kill anything there, though I observe the "no fighting until inside the arena" rule.
I generally ignore people unless they attack me first, and give them the benefit of the doubt when their bodyguard attacks me and just kill it instead of attacking them. Most people follow the I just want to get my quest done quick, I'll leave you alone if you leave me alone.

That being said, i've had a rogue follow me around timeworn strand, tag all my mobs then stealth, repeat ad infinitum until the quest dinged 100%, and then he tried to kill me.
Unless you're an absolute garbage resto druid. you are not easy prey
I kill other plays. That's what those areas are for.

I try not to be a jerk about it though and let the people having a bad time just do their thing.
Unless someone attacks me i usually just leave people alone, unless i emote hello or something nice like that and you don't respond, then i'll kill you lol
I guess it's more of a question of honor rather than etiquette.

For example, I wouldn't kill a player with half my max health...unless I saw that it was a botter. If a botter crosses over into a PvP objective, and I can prove it was a botter, I'll report and camp the botter with intent to grief cheaters.

If it was a regular leveling player, I'll just fill my bar not bother as long as the player doesn't attack me. I will only attack in response just to get the player to leave me alone. Not necessarily etiquette, but more of individual sense of honor.
12/10/2016 01:38 PMPosted by Zorrya
I generally ignore people unless they attack me first, and give them the benefit of the doubt when their bodyguard attacks me and just kill it instead of attacking them. Most people follow the I just want to get my quest done quick, I'll leave you alone if you leave me alone.

That being said, i've had a rogue follow me around timeworn strand, tag all my mobs then stealth, repeat ad infinitum until the quest dinged 100%, and then he tried to kill me.

Good that you give me the benefit of the doubt, because when I use stormkeeper to take on a cluster of NPCs or a difficult NPC, it summons a lightning elemental that chain lightnings all targets, including flagged players. And this is when I use a regular lightning bolt spell, not chain lightning. And the damage done by my lightning elemental is pretty powerful, as that's my 3rd gold trait on my artifact "Fist of Ra-Den".
I usually just kill the NPC mobs in the area and get out unless someone attacks me first then it's on!

The first time I did one of the ffa pvp quest, I was surprised to find that %90 of the players just kill kill the NPCs. I don't really target a specific faction, just whoever attacks me.
12/10/2016 12:24 PMPosted by Somalion
Don't flag, then no PvP issue.

This post needs to be down voted...obviously didn't even read the Ops post. He got triggered from seeing a forum post about somebody in pvp complaining.
12/10/2016 12:24 PMPosted by Somalion
Don't flag, then no PvP issue.

Trollbait, but I'll bite.

PvP WORLD QUESTS auto-flag you. If they didn't, they wouldn't be PvP-based for the quest objective. Also, the quest objective IS PvP.

So, to correct your ignorance, you should've said "Don't do PvP world quests or go into PvP quest areas that will auto-flag you if you stay." It's contrary to the purpose of the quest, but at least you'll be right, making you look HALF as much of a troll or dumb.

I used to do that, but I've found using the group finder and getting into a 5man group and just killing other players significantly increases the rate of completion. I also walk away with a tad more honor. It doesn't bother me ganking other players, I usually die once or twice anyways so it goes both ways.
Yea, I main Resto... If you are actually doing WQ's as resto and PvP happens... You are not a "free kill". You are very hard to kill.

Guardian is also hard to kill, Feral you are a glass cannon, and moonkin... moonkin you are a free kill till the 7.1.5 buffs.

If you are getting 1v1 as resto, you might need to watch some pvp guide videos or just go in a BG and practice.
12/10/2016 12:47 PMPosted by Markus
12/10/2016 12:41 PMPosted by Bandet
red=dead

/end

This is indeed the only etiquette you can expect to find in a PvP area. Anyone saying otherwise is just blowing smoke up your rear.

In a FFA pvp area, everyone is your enemy.

The end.
In FFA, I kill everyone. Doesn't matter what faction or spec they are, makes the objective go by fast.

Run guardian and lul everyone. Tanks are impossible to kill in wpvp. Tried to kill a blood dk and prot warrior once for like 10 min after multiple deaths before giving up