How to survive..?

Warrior
Against a ret, DH or frost mage in world pvp as Arms?

Actually, I guess you could say most classes here (rogues mess me up too), but it's those three that have me pulling my hair out. Every time one of them see me they beeline for me. I'm only at 1.94 million health due to NEVER being able to equip my ilvl upgrades items due to itemisation, but is it just health?

What do you do? I used to have options for these classes (sans DH, I don't any more). For instance with those frost mages, I'm saving my spell reflect for their glacial... ok, yeah sure, I am usually dead BEFORE they even need to cast the damn thing. Gah.

Sorry, ranting a bit, I'm a heavily horde dominated server, world quests are starting to do my nut in :(
You have a healer follow you around everywhere you go.
you cant do solo pvp as a warrior.. blizz designed it this way this expac. this has honestly been the WORST expac for me as a warrior.
It's sort of always been that way I guess though hasn't it? I remember being kited to death by good hunters and frost mages back in earlier expansions.

But melee I could hold my own, not any more. I'm hoping if I just get lucky with some properly itemised drops I'll get my ilvl up and the higher health will help.

It's really just the wq's that's making it unenjoyable, surrounded by people who love blowing their nose on my tissue paper esque character :/
12/16/2016 06:44 PMPosted by Cleolee
It's sort of always been that way I guess though hasn't it? I remember being kited to death by good hunters and frost mages back in earlier expansions.

But melee I could hold my own, not any more. I'm hoping if I just get lucky with some properly itemised drops I'll get my ilvl up and the higher health will help.

It's really just the wq's that's making it unenjoyable, surrounded by people who love blowing their nose on my tissue paper esque character :/

TBH templates !@#$s us over usually toward the end of the expac we tend to get stronger. templates has us set at a certain power level so we will do the same ammount of dmg in every season. templates need to go
You can't. Warrior PvP is right in the toilet especially in any 1v1 scenario
Stay in D stance if your not already. Many arms warriors that say they die super fast is the ones that stay battle stance. Unfortunately also with this xpac, we have to stay in D stance while pvping to withstand a global.
I go around in Fury, but if you were to be attacked out in the world as Arms.... I'd say:
Charge em
Focucus Rage to 3 Stacks
Colossus Smash
Pop Battle Cry + Avatar
Mortal Strike

Rinse and repeat until one of you two dies. If they start running... have mercy on them, not likely you can easily catch them without Bounding Stride and not having a ranged snare.

I understand the frustration tho, Frost DKs can somehow completely reset everything. Frost Mages will snare and root you into oblivion and Rets can reset their health like 4 times if they do it right.
12/16/2016 06:44 PMPosted by Cleolee

except now we can even be kited anymore due to being perma slowed to less that a /walk while being stunned and rooted till dead. it seriously pisses me off to attack a pseudo- melee class like dks, dh, pallys and half my health be gone before i can even get in melee range. Even then with all the passive aura auto-damage bulls*** they have its pretty much instant death. no shattering throw, spell reflect mechanic is stupid.
12/16/2016 05:36 PMPosted by Cleolee
Against a ret, DH or frost mage in world pvp as Arms?

Actually, I guess you could say most classes here (rogues mess me up too), but it's those three that have me pulling my hair out. Every time one of them see me they beeline for me. I'm only at 1.94 million health due to NEVER being able to equip my ilvl upgrades items due to itemisation, but is it just health?

What do you do? I used to have options for these classes (sans DH, I don't any more). For instance with those frost mages, I'm saving my spell reflect for their glacial... ok, yeah sure, I am usually dead BEFORE they even need to cast the damn thing. Gah.

Sorry, ranting a bit, I'm a heavily horde dominated server, world quests are starting to do my nut in :(

The secret to Arms PvP in the world or casual BGs is to use gunpowder charges. You debuff with colossus smash, pop battle cry and avatar and pop them for 600-900K in the BGs and some times over 1 million in the world. You can see that demonstrated in the movie below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aimPvoCLyQ

I don't think you can beat a well played frost mage as arms, however. Unless you happen to catch them off-guard and two-shot them with the gunpowder charge.

Fury is much better for mages due to triple leap combined with double charge.

As far as health goes, don't forget that your artifact level also plays a factor there. Also, since you are alliance you might want to go Draenei. The self heal is actually very good in a 1v1 and it synergizes well with commanding shout (which increases it's base heal when it increases your hp). Battle cry also causes the draenei healing tics to crit.
designed to fail plain and simple
The Draenei racial Gift of the Naaru makes a big difference. I have a Tauren warrior on a different realm and I'm nervous about playing him since I have become so dependent on GotN.

What was the problem with Second Wind? My ret pally has a similar healing spell available. I guess it is OK for a ret pally but not a warrior?
I've honestly found fury to be the better duelist than arms, which makes no sense in the way of "class fantasy" but whatever.

So the reason why fury outshines arms when dueling is it seems to have a stronger burst window that is easier to pull off (not that either are difficult), you have insane amounts of burst mobility so you can stick to those pesky mages, and if you use double time + the talent that gives you increased healing off of bloodthirsty after charging then you have pretty insane self healing.

You do have to get pretty creative with how you duel to win, though. Like, if you're low it's worth it to pop enraged regeneration, leap out, charge in, bloodthirsty, leap out, charge in, bloodthirst, and you've just healed about 70% health

Keep in mind I'm a casual pvp urchin, though.
12/18/2016 07:07 AMPosted by Dastalis
The Draenei racial Gift of the Naaru makes a big difference. I have a Tauren warrior on a different realm and I'm nervous about playing him since I have become so dependent on GotN.

What was the problem with Second Wind? My ret pally has a similar healing spell available. I guess it is OK for a ret pally but not a warrior?

Second wind only triggers when you haven't taken ANY damage at all for 5 seconds. Any DoT stops second wind.
VS a DH you have to pop Die by the sword during meta to cancel the leech and pop your burst. Next patch we'll also have disarm so that will help a bit.

VS ret your best hope to win is kite with cc and leap to get a few ticks of second wind. Frost mage I have no idea yet I didn't get to play one or duel one with my fresh warrior but they've always been a tough match and having to choose betwen storm bolt/shockwave and double time is super lame.
A few patch changes will give you tools for fighting against them, but you're going to have to be Jackie Chan here and hightail it out of there when trouble comes knocking.

Regardless of whether you have a healer or not, Arms warriors are one of the deadliest opponents out in World PVP. Healer or Tank, we've got massive sustained damage with numerous burst windows. Now, you're not going to survive long enough to take a hit, but that's what healer's and group pvp are for. Teaming up with Healers will give you an advantage. Even against another Healer, you've got the upper hand with heals on yah.
Dunno about Arms, but me as Fury vs Frost Mage in wPvP:

Frozen in place from Mage opener. Frost beam 100% - 0% before the root broke.

Not even funny.
You can solo PvP with a warrior, yes. It's sky-challenging at the least, but you can.

I do agree that warriors always had a hard time in 1v1, specially against DKs, that are arguably the best class for 1v1, but you can do it. Be sure to hit your burst and defensives at the right time and you can do it.

Second wind suck for pvp. D Stance is the only talent that makes sense on that roll. The only problem is that ugly shield that to this day I don't know what the hell it is doing there.
12/19/2016 02:35 AMPosted by Ploch
Dunno about Arms, but me as Fury vs Frost Mage in wPvP:

Frozen in place from Mage opener. Frost beam 100% - 0% before the root broke.

Not even funny.

There is a reason not to macro avatar to your burst and you do have at least one trinket also :) ?
I honestly found if I get jumped by one of those classes and they aren't "super" geared I pull mobs around me, cleave damage off them and get the victory rush throughout the fight. Heal for a bit, re-focus the character, get low on health, find another mob to cleave damage off and get another victory rush.

clearly this only works if they don't have a high burst and there are enough mobs around to make this work......other then that I just run away or sit and die. Not worth my time.