Emergency: Arena Participation

General Discussion
Prev 1 45 46 47 69 Next
01/04/2017 02:46 AMPosted by Tadkins
01/04/2017 01:55 AMPosted by Shirt
Fixed that for you.
Too bad Blizzard has done absolutely nothing over the years to evolve PvP with the rest of the game and those players either quit or are very upset. ):

For sure.

I'd imagine plenty of people enjoy casual PvP; random BGs and such. Arena is just a whole different beast that doesn't appeal to everyone.

Yeah.

The thing is;
There's no reason to let it suffer the way it has - and even if they did want it to stop being important...they should probably stop stringing people along. They keep acting like it's the PvP end game, and it'd be okay if it wasn't anymore - but just axe it or take the top tier rewards out so people stop wasting their time on it.
Arena is not enjoyable to play anymore for multiple reasons, but for me the worst part is class design and pruning, every class is dumbed down to the point where you can barely outplay anyone anymore and those small outplays arn't enough to consistently win games.

Even if the reward system was non-existent like it is now, but with MoP class design id still Que arena all the time because classes were extremely FUN to play.
Fixed that for you.
Too bad Blizzard has done absolutely nothing over the years to evolve PvP with the rest of the game and those players either quit or are very upset. ):

A lot of us are upset over many things. PvP is just one of them. Personally I do not care about PvP since I refuse to do it but that doesn't mean I think it should be removed. Some folks do like it. Not me, but some folks.

This whole thread is based on the premise that PvP was ignored this expansion. That might be true. But it wasn't the only thing. In fact, I saw a distinct effort on the part of the designers to force PvP on people who didn't want to do it (underbelly quests, anyone?) and now that folks have finished those quests, the PvP areas are empty. There's a message here, I think.

Legion as a whole seems kinda broken. I think the devs are trying to fix it. I'm not sure they're working on the right things, but until 7.1.5 drops we can't say for sure.
01/04/2017 06:34 AMPosted by Padder
Fixed that for you.

A lot of us are upset over many things. PvP is just one of them. Personally I do not care about PvP since I refuse to do it but that doesn't mean I think it should be removed. Some folks do like it. Not me, but some folks.

This whole thread is based on the premise that PvP was ignored this expansion. That might be true. But it wasn't the only thing. In fact, I saw a distinct effort on the part of the designers to force PvP on people who didn't want to do it (underbelly quests, anyone?) and now that folks have finished those quests, the PvP areas are empty. There's a message here, I think.

Legion as a whole seems kinda broken. I think the devs are trying to fix it. I'm not sure they're working on the right things, but until 7.1.5 drops we can't say for sure.

Stopped reading the moment you mentioned Underbelly.
You could buy a guard.

bias is showing.
I used to do ALOT of PvP, back in the Vanilla days when it was simple, fun, and there were just a few battlegrounds to run and not everyone had a stun/interrupt. I enjoyed the BGs then and I enjoyed the PvP. BC started to change that when they released Arenas and Blizzard started to feel like every class had to have stuns, slows and/or interrupts.

When that happened PvP became World of Stuncraft and it has only become worse over the years. If you want me to participate in anyway the stuns need to go or be greatly reduced.

The other big reason is why should I participate? What is in it for me? What are the rewards? How do I progress in PvP? Used to be you earned ranks and got titles when I was last PvPing and that opened up access to gear for purchase. Now I literally have NO IDEA what the progress system is or how it works and what rewards we get.
01/04/2017 06:40 AMPosted by Shirt
You could buy a guard.

Don't need one. It'll be a really cold day in a really hot place before I ever willingly set foot in the underbelly again.
Been trying to get a constructive thread going about issues with 7.1.5 and specific talents that are causing problems on the PTR.

For some reason I have not been able to play PTR lately but these were the prime issues. If you have played on the PTR and have concerns about specific talents go the following thread and post. As the OP says try to keep it short and concise.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752539391#post-4
Maybe if they could get PvP in general to be fun in any way shape or form, I'd consider giving Arena a fair shake.

Until such time, I am going to continue avoiding it like the plague.
PvEing is much easier for gearing that BGs are pointless.
I used to PvP quite often. There was a time when I thought people were crazy for calling it a side game in WoW. In my opinion it was the pruning and loss of class identity that really started the downhill spiral of PvP. The sheer inability to deal with or mitigate another classes abilities when you used to be able to counterplay has really put a damper on the situation for me at least. Sure there are still ways to deal with things but there is a definite lack of depth to every class after the massive rounds of pruning. And I hate the melee cleave comp metas so that also keeps me from queueing on a regular basis.
arena 2 toxic
01/04/2017 09:54 AMPosted by Zeekmanqt
arena 2 toxic

Arenas are not just toxic. They are more of a train-wreck when looking at arena design as a whole. The toxic part comes from the player base attitude from the arena designed by Blizzard.
12/27/2016 02:15 PMPosted by Groundit
I would ask for those of you who read this to PLEASE post why you don't do arena. No one is going to flame you, or call you out on it, we truly want to know what keeps people from doing what we (arena players) love.

I tried Arena's with my buddy back in TBC. What we experienced quickly soured any interest in PVP in this game. We faced latency of almost 5k, we faced not being able to move at all, stuck in place until we died and were finally released from that hell.

In short and I'm sorry this will probably enrage the PVP player base but it needs to be said.

If PVP players had not been such sociopathic douches in regards to PVP more people might be inclined to do it. When faced with the prospect of being gang banged by 11 or more people against 1 and not even allowed to resurrect. PVP players pretty much made the idea of PVP, World PVP etc the equivalent of root canal and sadly the root canal is actually considered the preferred choice over PVP.

Many players, myself included chose PVE realms to escape what we consider Sociopath on the border of being serial killer tendencies among a portion of PVP players.

At this point I wish Blizzard would wake up and STOP FORCING PVP onto players that have zero interest in it now or would rather cut off their left arm than do it.

I had the experience of tanking a World Boss for my server only to be flagged PVP some how and killed just as the World Boss died. As such I won't ever use the tank again to help out in the world, I was considering queing to help out the LFG situation.; that isn't happening now either.

If I'd wanted to participate in PVP I'd be in a Battleground or on a PVP server. I'm not because I don't want to deal with the griefing abuse.

Now I'm just looking for a new game that RESPECTS my play style choice which is PVE.

TLDR: A select group of PVP'ers through their actions have severely damaged PVP in this game through repeated sociopath griefing actions to the player base.

TLDR: Blizzard, you'd be more fair to Holinka to move him to Overwatch where his talents would be better served.
As soon as Demon Hunters get nerfed to hell I will go back in arenas.
01/04/2017 06:40 AMPosted by Shirt
01/04/2017 06:34 AMPosted by Padder

You could buy a guard.

bias is showing.

The guards were bugged for the longest time. Your bias is showing as well.
01/04/2017 11:15 AMPosted by Hobimpitt
The guards were bugged for the longest time. Your bias is showing as well.

I had guards just standing there lmao
Sorry I'm just now getting in on this and some of this may have been said already. Prior to Legion, the last time I played was BC and I mostly played arenas and bgs. I enjoy playing my resto shaman and mage. I tried to PvP now but, unfortunately, melee are way too OP right now and any and all fun has been sapped out of PvP. When Im finally able to cast something I'm usually under 50% health. Plus, every melee seems to have gap closers on much shorter CDs than all my spells combined cause kiting doesn't exist in this game anymore. Additionally, the fact that Blizzard predetermines what stats I have and just changes them based on my ilvl is infuriating. If I want to stack versatility or mastery for PvP that's my choice and my stats should reflect that choice. Add to that ability pruning (went from not enough slots on action bars in BC to barely filling up 2 action bars) and removing PvP gear/vendors and I have no desire to PvP at all now, which makes me sad cause I returned on my brother's advice that PvP was a highlight. I really do hope they make some changes as I'd love to be able to PvP again without having to reroll as a monk, DH or rogue.
Most important reason, not everyone has the time or will bother socializing and trying to find a quality team of people, either you have irl friends who are into pvp or you are doomed, unless you are somekind of delusional person who keeps calling everyone they meet a friend and have an 100+ friend list to have people to use for when you need.

2nd reason MELEE !@#$ING MOGOLOIDS, i am trying to finish the %^-*ing skrimish weekly and it is impossible as boomkin because i keep running to melee mongoloid team that just charge me and even with the "armor" of a boomkin i almost die in a !@#$ing stun

Why are casters even in the game at this point pvp wise, casters are clearly a pve thing according to blizzard since they turned pvp into melee mongoloid !@#$show
Popping in to say that we've increased the post limit of this thread so it doesn't cap. We're also aware of this thread and the feedback in it, so feel free to continue sharing - thanks for all the notes so far!

2nd reason MELEE !@#$ING MOGOLOIDS, i am trying to finish the %^-*ing skrimish weekly and it is impossible as boomkin because i keep running to melee mongoloid team that just charge me and even with the "armor" of a boomkin i almost die in a !@#$ing stun

and yet, I despise double melee teams cause it seems casters played well has much more potential and at the end of it, the team just bleeds out from caster aoe damage.