So, BGTargets...

Battlegrounds
So with BGTargets broken, whats the new go-to addon?

Edit: Scroll down to post #13 for how to fix the addon for 7.1.5.
Or give it time to be updated
most replacements for it are pretty trash so you just have to wait I guess
01/12/2017 02:08 AMPosted by Teelo
So with BGTargets broken, whats the new go-to addon?

The only thing that I use with bgtargets that isn't currently working is it's not showing the spec. I do get a long error list in the chatbox when I first enter a bg(which actually does give the spec so I have to read it to figure out who the healers are).

It's been taking at least a week by my recollection for it to update since Legion began.
i kinda like the mystery of it all\thinking about removing it and never getting it again

i think the addon really ruins the immersion
https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/predatorframes-wpvp-player-frame

Works (worked) in BG's as well. Shows dr timers too. Have not tried since patch though.
Hmm.

https://forums.wowace.com/showthread.php?t=19618&page=21

No, it isn't. Changing the name does not allow you to violate Copyright laws. BattlegroundTargets is All Rights Reserved. It is NOT an Open Source project. This is the second time I have had to remove a version of this project that you have uploaded. Do not make a third attempt.

Looks like someone tried to upload a fix and the author had the post "moderated" because he was mad it isn't his own work fixing it.
I think they should ban all addons from the game. I've been saying that since forever.
01/12/2017 01:43 PMPosted by Maximillian
I think they should ban all addons from the game. I've been saying that since forever.

I think they should ban gnomes
01/12/2017 01:35 PMPosted by Teelo
Hmm.

https://forums.wowace.com/showthread.php?t=19618&page=21

No, it isn't. Changing the name does not allow you to violate Copyright laws. BattlegroundTargets is All Rights Reserved. It is NOT an Open Source project. This is the second time I have had to remove a version of this project that you have uploaded. Do not make a third attempt.

Looks like someone tried to upload a fix and the author had the post "moderated" because he was mad it isn't his own work fixing it.

Look at the date of what you linked.
01/12/2017 01:51 PMPosted by Teef
Look at the date of what you linked.
Yeah the addon has been broken for a while, 7.1.5 just made it even worse.
Yeah it's really bad, it crashed often before 7.1.5. Also I really hated how it would switched up the sides so my team is listed as an enemy team in RBGs when factions are switched.
Okay fixed it. Open battlegroundtargets.lua, and change line 553 from:

local id, name, _, icon, _, role = GetSpecializationInfoForClassID(classID, i)

to

local id, name, _, icon, role = GetSpecializationInfoForClassID(classID, i)
01/12/2017 03:45 PMPosted by Teelo
Okay fixed it.

Confirmed! I was able to make this alteration and then loaded into Twin Peaks. BGT is now functioning as I would expect.

Nice work, Teelo!
awesome! Thanks for the fix!
Okay fixed it.

Awesome, dude! Thanks :)
Okay fixed it.

THANK YOU!!!
Okay fixed it.

My hero.
healershavetodie still works
upvote this !@#$er into orbit