Hey Blizz: Crit is pretty useless for us

Warrior
Please stop strong arming it into our gear. It's currently a dumpster tier stat for each warrior spec in the game. And coming from an Arms warrior, it will never be a good stat to take for us as long as Battle Cry and Shattered Defenses are in the game (Can't speak for the other specs, but crit is at the bottom for Fury and Prot according to Icy-Veins, too).

Yet it's still the highest stat when all the pieces of tier are added up (Even after adjusting it). I can assure anyone that the tier pieces with crit will be avoided and pawned off to other people in their raids unless they really want that 4 piece set bonus. I get that you should make a sacrifice for the (2) or (4) set effect and your T19 shouldn't be BIS, but taking a garbage stat for a cool set bonus when you could have +500-900 of your best stat(s) seems a little counter intuitive.

It's pretty much akin to giving the mage tier set 2500 versatility over six pieces at this point. It's just as much a universally bad stat for each of their specs.
If there was ever an xpac for warriors to be in gear heaven, Legion would be it considering you can't go 10 feet without tripping over a piece of gear with crit on it.

So of course Blizz changed stuff and made it our worst stat.
Seconded.
12/16/2016 09:59 PMPosted by Sesay
Please stop strong arming it into our gear. It's currently a dumpster tier stat for each warrior spec in the game. And coming from an Arms warrior, it will never be a good stat to take for us as long as Battle Cry and Shattered Defenses are in the game (Can't speak for the other specs, but crit is at the bottom for Fury and Prot according to Icy-Veins, too).

Yet it's still the highest stat when all the pieces of tier are added up (Even after adjusting it). I can assure anyone that the tier pieces with crit will be avoided and pawned off to other people in their raids unless they really want that 4 piece set bonus. I get that you should make a sacrifice for the (2) or (4) set effect and your T19 shouldn't be BIS, but taking a garbage stat for a cool set bonus when you could have +500-900 of your best stat(s) seems a little counter intuitive.

It's pretty much akin to giving the mage tier set 2500 versatility over six pieces at this point. It's just as much a universally bad stat for each of their specs.

As a holy pally. I have thanked many many warriors for their Crit gear. And look forward to wearing half of the items they get in NH come 7.1.5 :)
I basically get double loot each boss. Thumbs up Blizzard, great game.
Remember though, we not the only plate wearers, other classes still love that stat.

It's not like we've ever been able to change secondary stats on gear either.
12/17/2016 01:41 PMPosted by Goremise
Remember though, we not the only plate wearers, other classes still love that stat.

But it's our class' T19, the only people that can wear Warrior tier gear are Warriors. Not to mention that crit is all over all of our legendaries as well, but that's another story entirely. I'm not really referring to all plate gear, but just the ones that Warriors are going to end up wanting to get for their equip effects and set bonuses.
Every fricking World Quest reward is critical/mastery. Where is my fking Haste?
12/17/2016 02:32 PMPosted by Sesay

But it's our class' T19, the only people that can wear Warrior tier gear are Warriors. Not to mention that crit is all over all of our legendaries as well, but that's another story entirely. I'm not really referring to all plate gear, but just the ones that Warriors are going to end up wanting to get for their equip effects and set bonuses.

At least they have changed it some, sucked so much more before the changes.

Thing is, they seem to be so bad at balancing classes this expac, the item design team probs thought it was cool to have those stats there.

Not like they went to them and said "btw, these stats suck, change them all to haste/mastery"

But even then, the only other plate class that wants to stack crit are frost DKs. Everyone else? Haste as high as you can crank it. For Rets at least, Crit is an OK secondary stat.

In fact, it's been my experience that, outside of a few classes like Demon Hunters, everyone wants haste as high as possible.
Ironically, they have long wanted crit value to be lessened for warrior, and have constantly tried to make haste a valuable stat for us.

Now that haste is severely better than crit, they can't fight the urge to put crit on everything.
12/17/2016 04:23 PMPosted by Spikevilly
Every fricking World Quest reward is critical/mastery. Where is my fking Haste?

Amen! I was just noting that, I don't even bother with those world quests anymore.
They should make crit chance increase inner rage duration longer, to make it more competitive. So if you have 20% crit inner rage would last 6 seconds instead of 5. Or reduce the cd of inner rage for what ever amount of crit u have.
12/19/2016 11:20 AMPosted by Smellmyfoot
They should make crit chance increase inner rage duration longer, to make it more competitive. So if you have 20% crit inner rage would last 6 seconds instead of 5. Or reduce the cd of inner rage for what ever amount of crit u have.

You keep those words, I don't think they mean what you think they mean.
Patience, brothers and sisters. According to Ion Hazzikostas, they are reducing the impact of secondary stats overall in the next patch. What that means is that an iLevel increase on gear will be an upgrade, regardless of the stats on the armor.
12/19/2016 01:29 PMPosted by Murdurin
Patience, brothers and sisters. According to Ion Hazzikostas, they are reducing the impact of secondary stats overall in the next patch. What that means is that an iLevel increase on gear will be an upgrade, regardless of the stats on the armor.

100% guarantee you this will not work the way you expect it to. 100% guarantee. there is no amount of weighting or stat adjusting that will fix the fact that the only reason we do ANY damage at all is because of mastery. Getting crit on gear for warriors will never be worthwhile, EVER, as long as the current build doesnt change. dont buy into their BS so much.
they dont seem to understand that when they make the entire spec revolve around a secondary stat to deal damage that, that secondary stat will always be the most important aspect of the class. For some reason they just cant understand that. They built the entire class around Collosus smash. I dont know what they thought was going to happen. You will still be min maxing mastery/haste over ilvl after this patch, rest assured.
12/19/2016 02:03 PMPosted by Urzug
they dont seem to understand that when they make the entire spec revolve around a secondary stat to deal damage that, that secondary stat will always be the most important aspect of the class. For some reason they just cant understand that. They built the entire class around Collosus smash. I dont know what they thought was going to happen. You will still be min maxing mastery/haste over ilvl after this patch, rest assured.

This is a fact.
Until they change how mastery works with CS. We will never want to stack anything else. Not to mention how unrewarding it feels to get gear without Mastery, no matter the ilvl.
sure pawn says this 880 item is a 5% increase in DPS over my 900 mastery 835.
BUT IT DOESN'T FEEL LIKE IT. Very unfun.
Its not that I don't notice the abundance of crit on tier gear as well as our legendaries but its also a way to keep us in check. If all our tier/legos had Mastery/Haste then the class would need a nerf as a whole to compensate. Can you imagine our 910ilvl legendaries also being itemized well? They would be massive stat sticks alongside their already solid effects

It's a balancing act and the stats on our gear is just one of the attractions keepin it together.
12/20/2016 02:53 PMPosted by Mikewill
Its not that I don't notice the abundance of crit on tier gear as well as our legendaries but its also a way to keep us in check. If all our tier/legos had Mastery/Haste then the class would need a nerf as a whole to compensate. Can you imagine our 910ilvl legendaries also being itemized well? They would be massive stat sticks alongside their already solid effects

It's a balancing act and the stats on our gear is just one of the attractions keepin it together.

Because Fury is /such/ a good spec right now.
12/20/2016 02:53 PMPosted by Mikewill

Between balancing by giving classes a metric buttload of the stat they don't need versus actually fixing the class' abilities and reworking the class, the choice should be pretty easy. It makes getting a piece of tier feel like dog!@#$ when you're stacking useless stats to build for a solid (2) or (4) set bonus, and it makes you weight in on whether or not it's just better to run M+ and get gear with your best stats on it. Tier shouldn't be about that life.